Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
20 is Plenty 22:22 - Jul 5 with 9916 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Reading FC have written to the other 23 Championship clubs to offer a reciprocal ticketing arrangement:

Their fans can have away ticket prices capped at £20 at the Select Car Leasing Stadium, if Reading supporters can have the same at their ground.

Four clubs: Cardiff, Swansea, Blackburn & Huddersfield have already replied and agreed to the offer.

Hopefully QPR will too.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2022 22:23]
20 is Plenty on 22:24 - Jul 5 with 5809 viewsfrancisbowles

I can't see it. Hoos is always saying we need all the revenue we can get.
20 is Plenty on 22:39 - Jul 5 with 5717 viewsstevec

Makes sense, very few teams fill their away end so wouldn’t need too much of an uptake to make up any lost revenue.
20 is Plenty on 22:39 - Jul 5 with 5724 viewsLowerloftLad

20 is Plenty on 22:24 - Jul 5 by francisbowles

I can't see it. Hoos is always saying we need all the revenue we can get.

I'd be shocked to see QPR match it.

And if they did reading would again refuse extra tickets anyway.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

20 is Plenty on 22:50 - Jul 5 with 5671 viewssimmo

We'll sell out anyway. Fck em

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

20 is Plenty on 22:54 - Jul 5 with 5642 viewsHastings_Hoops

Reading - The very definition of prudent financial planning?
20 is Plenty on 23:16 - Jul 5 with 5543 viewsessextaxiboy

I don’t think 20 is enough .. it’s 12 quid for non league
20 is Plenty on 23:45 - Jul 5 with 5471 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

20 is Plenty on 23:16 - Jul 5 by essextaxiboy

I don’t think 20 is enough .. it’s 12 quid for non league

Last season I paid €9 to see a Champions League winner.

Non league teams ripping their fans off is no justification for championship teams doing it too. We should be levelling up not down.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2022 23:46]
20 is Plenty on 23:47 - Jul 5 with 5460 viewsMyGFrancis

Absolutely. Not sure why anyone would disagree.
Login to get fewer ads

20 is Plenty on 23:56 - Jul 5 with 5437 viewsessextaxiboy

20 is Plenty on 23:45 - Jul 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Last season I paid €9 to see a Champions League winner.

Non league teams ripping their fans off is no justification for championship teams doing it too. We should be levelling up not down.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2022 23:46]

How much is a fair price for non league if 20 is plenty for the best supported second tier league just one down from the Prem? . Their gates wont double if they charge a fiver .
20 is Plenty on 23:58 - Jul 5 with 5427 viewsessextaxiboy

20 is Plenty on 23:47 - Jul 5 by MyGFrancis

Absolutely. Not sure why anyone would disagree.

Maybe because some lower tier and non league Clubs would go bust.
20 is Plenty on 00:47 - Jul 6 with 5373 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

20 is Plenty on 23:56 - Jul 5 by essextaxiboy

How much is a fair price for non league if 20 is plenty for the best supported second tier league just one down from the Prem? . Their gates wont double if they charge a fiver .

Again, why does Reading have to charge more because Wrexham does but not less because Bayern Munich does?

I guess the bottom line is charging what it costs to survive. Reading players are not on the breadline and the football club is not insolvent because they have dropped their prices to £20. In the majority of cases, football clubs go out of business because of either a) asset stripping owners, or b) trying to buy their way to success. Not £20 tickets.

Here’s more info anyway

https://thefsa.org.uk/petition/twentys-plenty-away-ticket-petition/
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 0:48]
20 is Plenty on 01:02 - Jul 6 with 5348 viewsLythamR

20 is Plenty on 22:50 - Jul 5 by simmo

We'll sell out anyway. Fck em

isnt that f*cking our travelling support as well?

The idea is to encourage travelling support by making it more affordable. surely thats a reasonable idea regardless of who the team is.
20 is Plenty on 05:29 - Jul 6 with 5229 viewsnix

That would make away tickets cheaper than almost all of the home fans' tickets. We already lose money from our ground. I can't see Hoos going for this.
20 is Plenty on 07:38 - Jul 6 with 5017 viewsNorthernr

Non-starter. Hoos has already been asked and answered on this several times.
20 is Plenty on 07:51 - Jul 6 with 4980 viewsstevec

I’d say we are guaranteed to sell out our away end for 7 games, if that. I don’t know the present price for tickets at school end but let’s say the new £20 will cost us £10 a person so for those 7 games, a cost to us of around £200,000.

As such, for the remaining 16 games we’d need each club to bring around an extra 625 fans per away game to make up that income shortfall. Either way, even if not a single extra away supporter showed up, £200,000 over the season is not a huge price to pay to give it a trial. We could always revert back the following season.

For us I suspect we might lose out, probably no more than £100,000, but maybe make that up on beer and food sales. In essence, we are probably one of the poorer choices as a sample, not least because we are playing in a Northern league and there are teams with a much greater chance of making up any shortfall due to ground size and location in relation to the make up of this division.

£24-£25 is probably more realistic for us but £20 for a season is not going to cause any major damage.
20 is Plenty on 08:00 - Jul 6 with 4965 viewsQPR_Jim

20 is Plenty on 00:47 - Jul 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Again, why does Reading have to charge more because Wrexham does but not less because Bayern Munich does?

I guess the bottom line is charging what it costs to survive. Reading players are not on the breadline and the football club is not insolvent because they have dropped their prices to £20. In the majority of cases, football clubs go out of business because of either a) asset stripping owners, or b) trying to buy their way to success. Not £20 tickets.

Here’s more info anyway

https://thefsa.org.uk/petition/twentys-plenty-away-ticket-petition/
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 0:48]

Price set in 2013/14, is this not effected by inflation? Also is there no consideration for London weighting as I'm sure staffing costs and operating a stadium in London is going to be more expensive than elsewhere.
20 is Plenty on 08:25 - Jul 6 with 4884 viewsBAWHoops

A £100k loss is probably 1/4 of Chris Willock's yearly salary.

It's certainly a noble gesture, but at QPR we penny pinch (which I don't mind) so isn't going to happen.

I'd rather they discounted home tickets to bring some atmosphere back to LR
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 8:25]

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

20 is Plenty on 08:43 - Jul 6 with 4813 viewseastside_r

£20 still too much for that sh*t hole in Berks.
20 is Plenty on 09:17 - Jul 6 with 4695 viewsLythamR

20 is Plenty on 07:51 - Jul 6 by stevec

I’d say we are guaranteed to sell out our away end for 7 games, if that. I don’t know the present price for tickets at school end but let’s say the new £20 will cost us £10 a person so for those 7 games, a cost to us of around £200,000.

As such, for the remaining 16 games we’d need each club to bring around an extra 625 fans per away game to make up that income shortfall. Either way, even if not a single extra away supporter showed up, £200,000 over the season is not a huge price to pay to give it a trial. We could always revert back the following season.

For us I suspect we might lose out, probably no more than £100,000, but maybe make that up on beer and food sales. In essence, we are probably one of the poorer choices as a sample, not least because we are playing in a Northern league and there are teams with a much greater chance of making up any shortfall due to ground size and location in relation to the make up of this division.

£24-£25 is probably more realistic for us but £20 for a season is not going to cause any major damage.

fair points

apart from the bare financials i think the goodwill generated in the football community generally should be considered, away ticket pricing does matter and stumping up to get in the grounds with the highest ticket prices does leave a sour taste

I know Hoos has been asked and answered on this several times but circumstances change and often the greatest ideas are rejected time and time again before Finally being accepted

Maybe our commercial team could find a way of sponsoring this if financial viability is the stumbling block "20 is Plenty - brought to you by Copybet"
20 is Plenty on 09:32 - Jul 6 with 4607 viewsderbyhoop

The money we get through the gate doesn't cover the first team wage bill.

You can't drop the price to £20 for away fans and not do the same for home fans. Reducing gate income even further.

ST holders will already have paid more than £460 (23 x £20).

Non starter.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

20 is Plenty on 09:32 - Jul 6 with 4607 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

20 is Plenty on 08:00 - Jul 6 by QPR_Jim

Price set in 2013/14, is this not effected by inflation? Also is there no consideration for London weighting as I'm sure staffing costs and operating a stadium in London is going to be more expensive than elsewhere.

With inflation, it would cost £22.32. We charged £39 for some fixtures last season.

Would also point out that we don’t pay the living wage to our stewards / match day staff so we should only really be talking about London weighting affecting costs if we actually paid London wages.

I get financial prudence, no one called for it more than me during the Prem era but this is a very small % overall of our income and would be a massive PR win and some nice diplomacy with clubs we might want to do deals with at some point.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 10:14]
20 is Plenty on 10:09 - Jul 6 with 4467 viewsPunteR

Shouldn't they concentrate in filling their stadium with home fans?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

20 is Plenty on 10:14 - Jul 6 with 4454 viewsdaveB

considering the travel costs involved and how late the games get moved £20 for away fans would be a nice gesture by the club, won't happen though
20 is Plenty on 10:35 - Jul 6 with 4375 viewslightwaterhoop

Price fixing is always a terrible idea its been tried throughout the ages and ends in failure every time.
20 is Plenty on 10:36 - Jul 6 with 4369 viewsjoe90

Could there not be a compromise whereby if a club can guarantee a certain number of fans then they can have the tickets at £20 and if not it's regular price?

I suppose the main issue would be that smaller clubs might feel shafted but it would be reciprocal agreement and I guess we'd be paying full price when we visit their place.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024