Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. 23:27 - Jul 8 with 10197 viewsqpr_1968

loved bognor regis today, got burnt to f....
tomorrow the big game at crawley.

enniscrone...ireland

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 09:33 - Jul 10 with 2026 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 11:40 - Jul 9 by derbyhoop

Northumberland, near Bamburgh Castle
West Scotland south of Mallaig.
Traore, SE ireland

Ohhhhh, Armand Traoré!
Ohhhhh, Armand Traoré!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 09:34 - Jul 10 with 2023 viewsDannyPaddox

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 11:40 - Jul 9 by derbyhoop

Northumberland, near Bamburgh Castle
West Scotland south of Mallaig.
Traore, SE ireland

Do you mean Tramore? County Waterford, a lovely stretch of sandy beach with accompanying dramatic seascapes I’ve visited many times. Also a great place to do a Park Run. Or even watch the horses run at the racecourse in the town. Or is there really a coastline named after the QPR under-achiever Armand Traore.

Edit: Ha … ya just got in there before me Brian.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2022 9:35]
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 09:34 - Jul 10 with 2022 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've travelled all over England following the Rangers but have hardly seen any of its coastline. Some lovely recommendations on here.

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 09:42 - Jul 10 with 1984 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 09:34 - Jul 10 by DannyPaddox

Do you mean Tramore? County Waterford, a lovely stretch of sandy beach with accompanying dramatic seascapes I’ve visited many times. Also a great place to do a Park Run. Or even watch the horses run at the racecourse in the town. Or is there really a coastline named after the QPR under-achiever Armand Traore.

Edit: Ha … ya just got in there before me Brian.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2022 9:35]

Tramore is gorgeous. Used to surf there a lot (well, after they sorted out the sewage!) and it's a nice town, too. Might look a bit seaside-town-clichéd but it has some nice character and a couple of nice little pubs.

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 09:57 - Jul 10 with 1957 viewsflynnbo

Gairloch in Wester Ross.
Marloes Sands in West Wales.
Praa Sands between Helton and Marazion in south Cornwall.
Northumbrian beaches.
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 10:11 - Jul 10 with 1937 viewslosethedrum

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 12:32 - Jul 9 by DubaiR

I live 10 minutes from Dunwich and Southwold beach both lovely beaches.

Superb area i once cycled to Southwold & back from near Diss for the day , it was so hot the road was melting only worked out at 68 miles & i had a tail wind on the way home .
[Post edited 10 Jul 2022 10:17]
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 11:23 - Jul 10 with 1877 viewsMick_S

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 23:35 - Jul 9 by NewBee

The Causeway Coast road in Northern Ireland.

On a good day it's up there with the Big Sur in California, or the Corniche on the French Riviera.

And best of all, you're guaranteed a good day at least once every five years!

Going back over in October, NB. Every kind of weather in one hour, if you are lucky . It’s just so lovely to be able to get where you want to go with no hassle, no parking issues( generally) and genuinely stunning scenery. A fantastic trip that I hope to do many more times. Rathlin Island is on the next itinerary. Can’t wait.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 11:31 - Jul 10 with 1866 viewsqpr_1968

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 09:57 - Jul 10 by flynnbo

Gairloch in Wester Ross.
Marloes Sands in West Wales.
Praa Sands between Helton and Marazion in south Cornwall.
Northumbrian beaches.

gairloch i've always wanted to visit.

a few over night stops i should imagine if your driving.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Login to get fewer ads

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 11:57 - Jul 10 with 1830 viewspeejaybee

Best beach in UK
Old Hunstanton

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 13:41 - Jul 10 with 1784 viewsBoston

Ruislip Lido.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 13:45 - Jul 10 with 1777 viewsDannyPaddox

Carshalton Beaches
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 14:12 - Jul 10 with 1757 viewsMick_S

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 13:41 - Jul 10 by Boston

Ruislip Lido.

Wouldn’t want to be there today.

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 14:29 - Jul 10 with 1742 viewsdanehoop

Never knowingly understood

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 17:52 - Jul 10 with 1666 viewsMick_S

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 14:29 - Jul 10 by danehoop

That train around the woods is so underrated.

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 18:22 - Jul 10 with 1603 viewsDWQPR

Some people might not realise this but given the Thames is a tidal river the banks in London are technically coast lines. Therefore I would like to nominate the southbank particularly between Westminster Bridge and Tower Bridge. Just spent a lovely afternoon there with my boy, where is used his stunt scooter in the skate park near the National Theatre. Then sat in deck chairs facing the river eating BBQ food with a cold beer at a pop up eatery.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 18:28 - Jul 10 with 1593 viewsDannyPaddox

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 18:22 - Jul 10 by DWQPR

Some people might not realise this but given the Thames is a tidal river the banks in London are technically coast lines. Therefore I would like to nominate the southbank particularly between Westminster Bridge and Tower Bridge. Just spent a lovely afternoon there with my boy, where is used his stunt scooter in the skate park near the National Theatre. Then sat in deck chairs facing the river eating BBQ food with a cold beer at a pop up eatery.

If that’s the topographical case I nominate the Hammersmith Riveria looking west
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 19:57 - Jul 10 with 1549 viewshubble

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 18:28 - Jul 10 by DannyPaddox

If that’s the topographical case I nominate the Hammersmith Riveria looking west

Looks like you're outside the Rutland there Danny. Bought my very first pint in the Blue Anchor, just a few yards east of there. What a glorious stretch of the Thames, on both sides of the river...

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 20:19 - Jul 10 with 1536 viewsTramoreRanger

Nice to see Tramore getting a few mentions........

The copper coast route between Tramore and Dungarvan is lovely, some stunning scenery especially on days like today when there isn't a cloud in the sky.........

The route from Tramore to Dunmore East isn't bad, then follow the River Suir to Passage East, pick up the most expensive ferry to cross the river €9 single for a 600 meter crossing then head from Ballyhack out to the Hook lighthouse and then back along the coast via Kilmore Quay to Rosslare...... After that you can head up the Wexford and Wicklow coast to Dublin.......
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 22:47 - Jul 10 with 1475 viewsBoston

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 18:28 - Jul 10 by DannyPaddox

Blue Moon, hold the fruit?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 23:46 - Jul 10 with 1442 viewsBlackCrowe

Fenor in Clare. Not underated by the locals but few Brits have heard of it. Lush. Think of the coastline in Ryan's Daughter and you'll get the picture.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 00:42 - Jul 11 with 1411 viewsCiderwithRsie

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 01:44 - Jul 9 by distortR

peel to the point of Ayre, on the IOM. Roughly 25 miles of sandy/pebble beaches . Mostly accessible. Oyster catchers, ringed plovers, gannets, seals, basking sharks, wrecked ships, sand dunes, low cliffs etc. Solitude, nothing but the sound of the sea, sea birds and the wind. I drive it at least 3 times a week for work, and often go and walk the dog somewhere along the stretch at other times. When I'm there, i feel blessed.

Hard to find a bad stretch on the IoM. I could also nominate:

- The other way out of Peel, down to Niarbyl and on to Port Erin - the headlands stretching out in front of you, one after another, to the Calf.
- The long sandy stretch from Ramsey to the Pt of Ayre, where on a clear day it looks like Scotland is attached to the end of the island
- The rock pools and beaches from Castletown via Scarlett and The Chasms to Spanish Head
- The tram ride from Douglas to Ramsey

... but by that point that's pretty much all of it.
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 00:47 - Jul 11 with 1409 viewsCiderwithRsie

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 00:04 - Jul 9 by MrSheen

Good one! I’ve got a new love for mudflats, so I will go for the Blackwater Estuary in Essex.Walked past Maylandsea in March, inland is nondescript but the shore is awesome.

Essex is massively under-rated as a scenic county.

I walked the Blackwater from Maldon (very nice) to Northey Island on the 1,000th anniversary of the battle, failing to realise that several hundred maniacs in chainmail would also have noted the date and turned up to bash each other with blunted axes.
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 00:50 - Jul 11 with 1409 viewsCiderwithRsie

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 19:21 - Jul 9 by colinallcars

Ah, Adnams territory ! I go there often. Much of Dunwich, as I'm sure you know, slipped into the sea during a violent storm in 16 something.
I never fell for the story that on stormy nights, when the moon's holding water, you can hear the old church bells ringing from beneath the waves. Or the reason you can't get brown shrimps anymore is the fisherman fell overboard and had both of his legs cut off by the propellers.

Once had a fortnight in Dunwich when the kids were little, special memories of walking down to the beach at night to listen to the waves on the shingle. Never heard any bells ringing, but it had an atmosphere alright.
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 01:07 - Jul 11 with 1403 viewsDannyPaddox

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 22:47 - Jul 10 by Boston

Blue Moon, hold the fruit?

Adjacent in opacity but ‘tis the appropriately named:

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 05:20 - Jul 11 with 1381 viewsBrisbaneR

Great to see the 'Hammersmith Riviera' getting a run, brought me back to my youth when we'd start with a pint in the Old City Arms and work our way down the water front.

Another from the same era, over in West Cork, is Owenahinca; many a bracing dip was had there, a beautiful broad sandy beach that popped you straight into the Atlantic. By God, you knew you were alive...and just up the road was Glandore, a tiny fishing village with a great pub that looked almost like a scene from Rivendell...stunning...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024