Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players not training again this week 14:05 - Aug 26 with 3841 viewsDr_Parnassus

Had a text yesterday with the players itinerary this week. As usual the source is impeccable.

Almost no training at all, yet Martin says they have had a great week in training. Training at the moment is almost non existent yet the manager seems to be lying about it.

Apparently the players are in St George’s Park today, the England training ground, which is the first real training session of the week.

This is just shocking now. I’m pretty angry.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Players not training again this week on 14:10 - Aug 26 with 2214 viewsDr_Parnassus

I say it’s the first real session, actually upon reading it again - it’s only a light session.

There will have been no full training session this week at all.

None.

Players not training again this week on 14:10 - Aug 26 with 2213 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Why wouldn’t they have training?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Players not training again this week on 14:14 - Aug 26 with 2202 viewsDr_Parnassus

Players not training again this week on 14:10 - Aug 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Why wouldn’t they have training?

Apparently it’s not a once off. It regularly happens.

And people wonder why we aren’t improving or learning.

Players not training again this week on 14:27 - Aug 26 with 2168 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

What are they doing instead? Gym work? Video analysis? Or just having the day off?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Players not training again this week on 14:29 - Aug 26 with 2163 viewsmagicdaps10

What was the itinerary that he sent to you, what were they doing Mon to Wed?
I know they were travelling yesterday an I know what they were doing Tuesday and Wednesday.

Its strange that this has only reached you today(Friday).....just before tomorrow's game!
Lose tomorrow with this information and it would surely get a few people worked up 😉

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Players not training again this week on 14:31 - Aug 26 with 2155 viewsDr_Parnassus

Players not training again this week on 14:27 - Aug 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

What are they doing instead? Gym work? Video analysis? Or just having the day off?

Nothing.

Some players have gone in and done bits and pieces on their own accord but nothing structured on the training field correcting clear and obvious shortcomings from the week before.

The club have paid for a light session in the England complex but from what I understand it isn’t a full training session again.

Was the same week before last when I posted it on here too. He complains about fitness and correcting errors - yet works on neither. The approach is terrible.

Players not training again this week on 14:35 - Aug 26 with 2141 viewsDr_Parnassus

Players not training again this week on 14:29 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

What was the itinerary that he sent to you, what were they doing Mon to Wed?
I know they were travelling yesterday an I know what they were doing Tuesday and Wednesday.

Its strange that this has only reached you today(Friday).....just before tomorrow's game!
Lose tomorrow with this information and it would surely get a few people worked up 😉

What do you mean it reached me today? I said I had a text “yesterday”.

26 hours ago to be precise.

I wasn’t going to mention anything but just watched Russell Martin’s press conference where he lies through his teeth.

Players not training again this week on 14:39 - Aug 26 with 2116 viewsonehunglow

Players not training again this week on 14:35 - Aug 26 by Dr_Parnassus

I wasn’t going to mention anything but just watched Russell Martin’s press conference where he lies through his teeth.

Let's put it this way.
Paterson was described by him a a "magnificent person". This at a time he refused t play for us.

As regards training,the fact we replicate the same mistakes show exactly what they do or dont do.
Frankly, the players should man up and challenge him head on and oust him.They have the power. Laudrup 's departure was precipitated by players led by the captain.Wont happen with our captain as he seems very very close to Russ.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Players not training again this week on 14:40 - Aug 26 with 2123 viewsjasper_T

Rest days are an important part of the schedule in a league that has Sat/Tues/Sat/Tues scheduling. More work doesn't automatically equal better results. If Martin feels that his squad is too small that's going to involve a lot of rest for his undroppable contingent to keep them available. Particularly this season where we'll have played 11 league games (plus 1 cup) before the first international break, compared to just 5 (plus 2 cup) last season.

Cooper flogged the players through the week, every session demanding 110%. Potter was more interested in periodisation and leaving more in the tank as the season wore on.
Players not training again this week on 14:43 - Aug 26 with 2108 viewsmagicdaps10

Players not training again this week on 14:35 - Aug 26 by Dr_Parnassus

OK fair enough.

You had the txt yesterday, been posting since 7am, you are pretty angry but only post it at 2.05pm.

Something just doesn't add up especially knowing that they have trained Tuesday and Wednesday.
I would gladly let it ride but I know the information you have posted to be incorrect.

Players not training again this week on 14:43 - Aug 26 with 2106 viewsDr_Parnassus

Players not training again this week on 14:40 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

Rest days are an important part of the schedule in a league that has Sat/Tues/Sat/Tues scheduling. More work doesn't automatically equal better results. If Martin feels that his squad is too small that's going to involve a lot of rest for his undroppable contingent to keep them available. Particularly this season where we'll have played 11 league games (plus 1 cup) before the first international break, compared to just 5 (plus 2 cup) last season.

Cooper flogged the players through the week, every session demanding 110%. Potter was more interested in periodisation and leaving more in the tank as the season wore on.

Rest days aren’t weeks off though. They are rest days.

After horrendous tactical errors these have to be corrected on the training pitch. No idea why people think training means intense fitness.

Drills on closing out games would be a start, wouldn’t it?

5 minute defence. It’s hardly what one would call “hard work”.

Players not training again this week on 14:46 - Aug 26 with 2096 viewsDr_Parnassus

Players not training again this week on 14:43 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

OK fair enough.

You had the txt yesterday, been posting since 7am, you are pretty angry but only post it at 2.05pm.

Something just doesn't add up especially knowing that they have trained Tuesday and Wednesday.
I would gladly let it ride but I know the information you have posted to be incorrect.

Nothing “not adding up” about it squire. Obviously not going to post the whole message, but here you can clearly see when it was received.

Everytime you have questioned my inside info you have always fallen flat on your face.

As I said, I wasn’t going to mention it but just listened to the Martin presser. Utter tripe.

Players not training again this week on 14:50 - Aug 26 with 2074 viewsmagicdaps10

Players not training again this week on 14:46 - Aug 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Nothing “not adding up” about it squire. Obviously not going to post the whole message, but here you can clearly see when it was received.

Everytime you have questioned my inside info you have always fallen flat on your face.

As I said, I wasn’t going to mention it but just listened to the Martin presser. Utter tripe.

It means nothing though does it, it's someone's word with no real proof.

Everytime I have questioned you, you either ignore the question or say that it's fact and from an impeccable source with no real solid proof.

This falls in the same category for me, that screenshot means absolutely noting whatsoever and I firmly know it to be untrue as others will on here.

Players not training again this week on 14:54 - Aug 26 with 2064 viewsDr_Parnassus

Players not training again this week on 14:50 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

Everytime I have questioned you, you either ignore the question or say that it's fact and from an impeccable source with no real solid proof.

This falls in the same category for me, that screenshot means absolutely noting whatsoever and I firmly know it to be untrue as others will on here.

It means I received it yesterday, something you were trying to cast doubt upon.

You questioned my Piroe info and my Pato info - both turned out to be spot on. Did you question my Ogbeta one too? That also turned out to be true.

I also know Nathan Wood went home to Boro on Saturday due to the no training scheduled all week and is meeting the team before the match.

These are facts.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 15:11]

Players not training again this week on 14:57 - Aug 26 with 2056 viewsSirjohnalot

Players not training again this week on 14:50 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

Could it not be that Martin is telling the truth and your source is not correct ?
Players not training again this week on 14:59 - Aug 26 with 2052 viewsDr_Parnassus

Players not training again this week on 14:57 - Aug 26 by Sirjohnalot

Could it not be that Martin is telling the truth and your source is not correct ?

Nope, 100% not.

Players not training again this week on 15:03 - Aug 26 with 2044 viewsDr_Parnassus

Many people will know the same. Look:-

Players not training again this week on 15:08 - Aug 26 with 2031 viewsWhiterockin

Friday is travelling day for Saturday away matches. Middlesbrough is a long trip in traffic if they are not flying. They could be breaking the journey with a light training session on the way up. Just putting this out there.
Players not training again this week on 15:11 - Aug 26 with 2008 viewsSirjohnalot

Players not training again this week on 14:59 - Aug 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Nope, 100% not.

It is one persons word who none of us know against the word of the manager. Why would Martin lie about it ? You cannot present it as a fact, surely ?
Players not training again this week on 15:17 - Aug 26 with 1994 viewsDr_Parnassus

Players not training again this week on 15:11 - Aug 26 by Sirjohnalot

It is one persons word who none of us know against the word of the manager. Why would Martin lie about it ? You cannot present it as a fact, surely ?

Huh? I’m not following you.

I am the one presenting it as a fact as I know it to be true. You don’t have to know who my source is in order for me to present it as a fact.

I don’t know your mother/wife for example but you could present her/their name(s) here as a fact. Me not knowing her doesn’t change that.

This is the same source that broke the Pato news before everyone else had a sniff, the Piroe news, the Ogbeta news. I have a 100% record from this source.

Martin’s pressers are always full of mistruths. A simple one for you from the same presser that you can verify yourself.

“Shots conceded, we are well in the top 5 for fewest conceded”.

Think that’s true or false?

Players not training again this week on 15:18 - Aug 26 with 1979 viewsmagicdaps10

Players not training again this week on 14:57 - Aug 26 by Sirjohnalot

I think this is something that you learn as you go along in life, never believe everything you hear/read even those who you trust can be misinformed or portray things falsely for other reasons.

I have been told differently to DrP but ultimately I must admit that I haven't seen what was said with my own eyes.

I have my views why it's been posted on this site and the other side nearly 24hrs before the game.

Players not training again this week on 15:19 - Aug 26 with 1966 viewsDr_Parnassus

Players not training again this week on 15:18 - Aug 26 by magicdaps10

I think this is something that you learn as you go along in life, never believe everything you hear/read even those who you trust can be misinformed or portray things falsely for other reasons.

I have been told differently to DrP but ultimately I must admit that I haven't seen what was said with my own eyes.

I have my views why it's been posted on this site and the other side nearly 24hrs before the game.

Because it’s shocking you mean?

Players not training again this week on 15:19 - Aug 26 with 1959 viewsSirjohnalot

Players not training again this week on 15:17 - Aug 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Huh? I’m not following you.

I am the one presenting it as a fact as I know it to be true. You don’t have to know who my source is in order for me to present it as a fact.

I don’t know your mother/wife for example but you could present her/their name(s) here as a fact. Me not knowing her doesn’t change that.

This is the same source that broke the Pato news before everyone else had a sniff, the Piroe news, the Ogbeta news. I have a 100% record from this source.

Martin’s pressers are always full of mistruths. A simple one for you from the same presser that you can verify yourself.

“Shots conceded, we are well in the top 5 for fewest conceded”.

Think that’s true or false?

What I am saying is you cannot say Martin ls lying, you don't know that
Players not training again this week on 15:25 - Aug 26 with 1917 viewsDr_Parnassus

Players not training again this week on 15:19 - Aug 26 by Sirjohnalot

But I do know that, what you mean is YOU don’t know that.

In which you have to weigh up my 100% accuracy vs his very sketchy record of truth.

By the way.

1. Coventry 23
2. Sheff Utd 35
3. Burnley 37
4. WBA 42
5. Boro 43
6. Norwich 43

Do you see our name “well in the top 5” or is it fair to say that his statement there isn’t true either?

Players not training again this week on 15:31 - Aug 26 with 1885 viewsonehunglow

Players not training again this week on 15:19 - Aug 26 by Sirjohnalot

He might;he might not.
What we do on here is pass comment,opinions of what we see and hear . What we believe is not always the truth. I'm not sure what truth is anyway myself but in the context of this thread,Martin DID describe Paterson as I described at a time when he was basically refusing to play for us unless he got more money.
Now that might be true,it might not.

What we have to get a grip on is people see matters in different hues. I certainly do to most on here. Am I right? To me I am ,but I would be wrong to think that were the case.

Our club/coach/players are fair game or this forum is pointless.

Fans can call the OPINIONS AND COMMENTS of fellow posters all sorts but for God's sake,separate the comment from the individual.

Read my brilliant critique on the Welsh language ,arguably the most divisive issue in Wales and see the attacks that ensue. It is a case of people being basically shallow and stupid.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024