Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! 18:50 - Oct 20 with 6261 viewsnumptydumpty

We are all QPR supporters on this forum, I hope !!

But seriously some of the nasty slurs thrown Beale's way by many on here was nothing short of disgraceful.

Many will say I am entitled to my opinion but some people really need take a look at themselves.

Mick Beale has in his short tenure exceeded all expectations by a long long way.

We had the makings of a decent squad and almost all of his transfers and loan deals , given the money outplayed, the potential sell on fees, his excellent use of the new five substitute rule, and the emphasis on entertainment and allied with all that, despite being one of the clubs having one of the smaller budgets in the league, that is nothing short of OUTSTANDING that currently at times playing EXHILARATING football, we are TOP !!

Even disappointed to see posters on here such as BrianMccarthy that I personally have respected, even such posters as Brian, incredibly critical of Beale and even when he has said he staying many have said he simply should not have spoken to Wolves.

His interviews last night he was naturally uncomfortable.

He knows he has great potential and for me, himself giving the DECENCY to speak to Wolves, shows class. Why ?? He more than likely had zero intention of joining them but him not speaking to Wolves, he had to do this, even for his own future career away from us as the football industry and opportunities are limited and personally I feel he has a BIG career ahead.

All his interviews show class, well thought out and decency throughout.

Its a massive plus for Beale to already have interest from the Premier league.

All his career he has progressed magnificently. His knowledge of what maybe possible for him at some point, I got no issues him chatting to more successful clubs than ourselves, understandable.

And despite this massive issue, he remained totally focused on the job in hand. Last nights performance, particularly the first half was outstanding and done without our star player as well.

And yet this forum was full of vitriol and venom both Beales way and also Les and Lee by some.

Just recalling how much vitriol Les got when he was shortlisted and approached to work for the FA. He spoke to them also and some said like with Mick's dialogue with Wolves, it left a nasty taste in their mouth.

As Beale said the interest in himself, our players, and members of our hierarchy is evidence we are completely doing things totally in the correct way.

Like it or not, this club is our hobby, but this game is other peoples livelihoods and felt great majority on here and am sure on all forms of social media behaviour was incredibly poor and disrespectful.

People calling out Beale for disrespecting the fanbase here by chatting to Wolves.

Think we all know, Mick is the better man.

Am delighted he is here and its like with Eze, in future years we will be grateful Mick chose our club for his first management role.

Destined for big things is Mick.

Total respect to all involved is the way.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 18:53]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 20:02 - Oct 20 with 3517 viewsbosh67

Shows how lazy journalism whips people up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 20:11 - Oct 20 with 3471 viewsPunteR

Don't see the point of this thread.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 20:18 - Oct 20 with 3404 viewsBlackCrowe

three points of order....1. we are all slaves to our irrational devotion that is QPR and it feels (ridiculously) like your loved one being unfaithful if someone within that inner circle head gets turned momentarily or worse. 2. I wish it wasn't so, but our club isn't a 'hobby', it's part of our being and so we react accordingly. 3. Don't namecheck other posters (we are all great, mostly) because of 1 and 2.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 20:21]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 20:57 - Oct 20 with 3276 viewsconnell10

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:07 - Oct 20 with 3209 viewsdaveB

I don't think it's fair to dig Brian out for having an opinion on this, if he thinks Beale was wrong he is entitled to say so, he hasn't been abusive about it thats I've seen just said he didn't agree with him speaking to Wolves and for me Beale could easily have killed this dead days ago but chose not to, he'd probably do things differently if he had his time again. I'm not sure whats wrong with that
Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:11 - Oct 20 with 3184 viewsBoston

Unlike numpty I was unaffected by the slurs and inuendo thrown at Mick Beale, because I didn't read 'em.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:12 - Oct 20 with 3180 viewsBklynRanger

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 20:11 - Oct 20 by PunteR

Don't see the point of this thread.

Not to even mention the number of paragraphs / mini-paragraphs.
Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:13 - Oct 20 with 3176 viewsParkRoyalR

I don't think the OP's intention was to dig Brian out but more to make the point even one of our calmest + most rational posters, similar to Clive, can have an oh ffs toys out moment when things are looking so rosy and then look like it's all going to go brown.
Login to get fewer ads

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:14 - Oct 20 with 3163 viewsBoston

Not a slight at you numpty, just as disappointed he got slagged, guilty before proven innocent comes to mind.

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:21 - Oct 20 with 3105 viewsBklynRanger

Quite a few of the posts where, I felt, of the 'If' variety. 'If' he talks to them. 'If' he goes etc.

I had a rant late on that included the word 'if' I know that. I'd stand by that but it never happened and he's come out and said everything every one of us hoped he would. So 100% fair play.

I struggle to see any situation where we can, or should, turn on our own for reacting emotionally at times to the events of the last couple of days.
Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:32 - Oct 20 with 3024 viewsMrSheen

To be fair, I hadn’t followed the story that had him definitely leaving until I got home about 6.30 last night. Rushed out the door but wasn’t sure I fancied going, wondering how I’d react after the game.

30 minutes in, I had changed my attitude to thanks for the memories, it’s been great. Absolutely thrilled today.

I’ve never found it in me to boo our players (with the exception of Hateley at Selhurst) or leave early (with the exception of 0-6 at Fulham). However, with the exception of the permanently deluded, I accept that it hurts more if it means more, but he’s not in that category. He’s a free man not a slave.
Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:50 - Oct 20 with 2921 viewsBklynRanger

I might develop and market an algorithm about you Sheen - will get back to you later in the season.
Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:56 - Oct 20 with 2868 viewsdigswellhoop

just a if
if villa asked wouold he go .Im over the moon hes stayed
d
Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:58 - Oct 20 with 2861 viewsLordPork

I wonder how MB will respond when Villa come a knock'in
Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 22:02 - Oct 20 with 2835 viewsBoston

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:32 - Oct 20 by MrSheen

To be fair, I hadn’t followed the story that had him definitely leaving until I got home about 6.30 last night. Rushed out the door but wasn’t sure I fancied going, wondering how I’d react after the game.

30 minutes in, I had changed my attitude to thanks for the memories, it’s been great. Absolutely thrilled today.

I’ve never found it in me to boo our players (with the exception of Hateley at Selhurst) or leave early (with the exception of 0-6 at Fulham). However, with the exception of the permanently deluded, I accept that it hurts more if it means more, but he’s not in that category. He’s a free man not a slave.

I heckled Ramsey at Craven Cottage once. It, as far as I recall, is the only time I was ever pissed off (drunk) enough to verbally assault anyone involved with the Rangers.

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 22:06 - Oct 20 with 2817 viewsSnipper

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:58 - Oct 20 by LordPork

I wonder how MB will respond when Villa come a knock'in

He’ll be off mate. I’ve said it before on another thread.
Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 22:14 - Oct 20 with 2762 viewsJPC

Not sure why we think he’d jump at the Villa job - he was there what, 6 months? He’s not talked about them in any way which suggests they’re that close to his heart
Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 22:20 - Oct 20 with 2728 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:07 - Oct 20 by daveB

I don't think it's fair to dig Brian out for having an opinion on this, if he thinks Beale was wrong he is entitled to say so, he hasn't been abusive about it thats I've seen just said he didn't agree with him speaking to Wolves and for me Beale could easily have killed this dead days ago but chose not to, he'd probably do things differently if he had his time again. I'm not sure whats wrong with that

Thanks Dave for the defence. I agree with the rest of your post as well. Rational and calm, as ever.

In fairness to numptydumpty he hasn't accused me of being abusive as you say, just of being critical.
I take no offence on that score. Critical is good. I was critical, I remain so.
Like you, I see nothing wrong with that, as long as there's no abuse.

Anyway, as Benny said earlier - we've all moved on today.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 22:48 - Oct 20 with 2647 viewsGreenbay

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:07 - Oct 20 by daveB

'Beale could easily have killed this dead days ago but chose not to, he'd probably do things differently if he had his time again'.
So daveB - I agree with what you've said especially above.
After all he did say in his interview - 'I'm new at this'.
And Brian - as long as I've been on this board - he's always been polite and fair.
We all say things in the heat of the moment especially when we are emotionally upset - certainly with QPR.
As we all know - we are all on the same side.
Everything has turned out well. So let's turn the page and hope that the team gets better and better.
Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 22:57 - Oct 20 with 2626 viewsnumptydumpty

Wasn't namechecking anyone, just saying that even someone as levelheaded as Brian affected by the ridiculous merry go round that media whips up at any kind of issue.

Was not personally affected by people's strange reactions basically to media nonsense and bookmakers money making schemes.

I think when such things happen again, I think its wise not to read the doom and gloom.

Some wise scholar introduced me to the NewsNow website. Fair play to people that make their money over inflated untruths shall we say or as the mighty Donald might say missspeaks.

I looking forward to mick getting a decent welcome on Saturday. Heard a few people early on chanting Judas at the game this week which baffled me sideways !!!

Unfortunately now am expecting a comfortable win this Saturday and we all know what happens when you start thinking like that !!!!

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 23:06 - Oct 20 with 2575 viewsPunteR

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 22:57 - Oct 20 by numptydumpty

Wasn't namechecking anyone, just saying that even someone as levelheaded as Brian affected by the ridiculous merry go round that media whips up at any kind of issue.

Was not personally affected by people's strange reactions basically to media nonsense and bookmakers money making schemes.

I think when such things happen again, I think its wise not to read the doom and gloom.

Some wise scholar introduced me to the NewsNow website. Fair play to people that make their money over inflated untruths shall we say or as the mighty Donald might say missspeaks.

I looking forward to mick getting a decent welcome on Saturday. Heard a few people early on chanting Judas at the game this week which baffled me sideways !!!

Unfortunately now am expecting a comfortable win this Saturday and we all know what happens when you start thinking like that !!!!

It wasn't media nonsense. And Beale dodged very basic questions. It didn't look great. Thank goodness he made the right decision not to talk to wolves but the cogs were definitely turning.
I don't blame any of our fans for feeling absolutely sick ,angry or whatever. I really don't see what you are trying to acheive here . ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 23:10 - Oct 20 with 2562 viewsDavieQPR

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 22:06 - Oct 20 by Snipper

He’ll be off mate. I’ve said it before on another thread.

Why? Villa fans don't particularly rate him. Some people just like to wallow don't they.
Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 23:12 - Oct 20 with 2556 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 22:57 - Oct 20 by numptydumpty

"Wasn't namechecking anyone, just saying that even someone as levelheaded as Brian affected by the ridiculous merry go round that media whips up at any kind of issue."

While I really appreciate your nice comments, I disagree that I was affected by the media in any way. I don't really follow it.

I was critical, I remain so. I think it's right for supporters to be critical as long as it furthers the cause. The great thing about this forum is it allows people to express such criticism among friends. And that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

Peace out, as the kids probably don't say anymore.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 23:48 - Oct 20 with 2443 viewsnumptydumpty

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 23:06 - Oct 20 by PunteR

It wasn't media nonsense. And Beale dodged very basic questions. It didn't look great. Thank goodness he made the right decision not to talk to wolves but the cogs were definitely turning.
I don't blame any of our fans for feeling absolutely sick ,angry or whatever. I really don't see what you are trying to acheive here . ?

What I was saying is exactly summed up with what you just said here.

You effectively just said you don't trust him.

My point being what he has achieved until now has been incredible.

The performance last night 100 percent down to Beale but just saying like others all that totally overlooked by many because of a few misplaced words in one interview!!!

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 23:53 - Oct 20 with 2424 viewsMrSheen

Some pretty dire comments thrown at Mick Beale by this forum !!! on 21:50 - Oct 20 by BklynRanger

I might develop and market an algorithm about you Sheen - will get back to you later in the season.

Have you got an algorithm method?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024