Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Mullin's boots 13:59 - Oct 25 with 2562 viewsQPRSteve

I'd love a pair.

Shame his club Wrexham have banned him from wearing them.
Paul Mullin's boots on 14:11 - Oct 25 with 2512 viewsdaveB

it's the right call though, can't have those kind of political messages on boots or shirts
Paul Mullin's boots on 15:34 - Oct 25 with 2354 viewskensalriser

Paul Mullin's boots on 14:11 - Oct 25 by daveB

it's the right call though, can't have those kind of political messages on boots or shirts

You're right of course. But he's made his point regardless!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Paul Mullin's boots on 15:42 - Oct 25 with 2330 viewsMrSheen

A non-league player with his name on his boots is a bit cringe, but at least they're black.
Paul Mullin's boots on 16:01 - Oct 25 with 2286 viewsboobishabang

Paul Mullin's boots on 14:11 - Oct 25 by daveB

Jacob Rees-Mogg and Andrew Davies (welsh Conservative leader) have both recently visited the racecourse so for the club to come out and say its political views remain impartial is a bit of a kick in the teeth to the fans who will i'm sure be singing the slogan on Mullins boot even longer and louder tonight
[Post edited 25 Oct 2022 16:01]
Paul Mullin's boots on 16:08 - Oct 25 with 2259 viewsWatford_Ranger

Paul Mullin's boots on 15:42 - Oct 25 by MrSheen

A non-league player with his name on his boots is a bit cringe, but at least they're black.

A small thing but I love a player still wearing simple black boots. Young Sinclair wore black on Saturday and was possibly the only one to do so.
Paul Mullin's boots on 16:29 - Oct 25 with 2197 viewsdaveB

Paul Mullin's boots on 16:01 - Oct 25 by boobishabang

Jacob Rees-Mogg and Andrew Davies (welsh Conservative leader) have both recently visited the racecourse so for the club to come out and say its political views remain impartial is a bit of a kick in the teeth to the fans who will i'm sure be singing the slogan on Mullins boot even longer and louder tonight
[Post edited 25 Oct 2022 16:01]

It's fine for fans to say that kind of stuff but you can't have that kind of message on a footballers boots or shirts. This may be a message you agree with but it opens the door to other messages from people with different political views and so quite rightly they don't allow any of it.
Paul Mullin's boots on 16:37 - Oct 25 with 2164 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm not sure that I'm completely against political statements by athletes - after all, we celebrate Mexico '68. I think, though, that football is a team sport and, if at all possible, individual athletes should not makes statements that might disrupt the collective.

If they still feel the need to make such a statement, then I think it should be slightly more subtle and slightly more intelligent than "F*** THE TORIES".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paul Mullin's boots on 17:12 - Oct 25 with 2065 viewsMrSheen

Paul Mullin's boots on 16:08 - Oct 25 by Watford_Ranger

A small thing but I love a player still wearing simple black boots. Young Sinclair wore black on Saturday and was possibly the only one to do so.

I’m only now willing to make an exception for orange boots, as long as Chris Willock is wearing them.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Mullin's boots on 17:21 - Oct 25 with 2028 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Paul Mullin's boots on 17:12 - Oct 25 by MrSheen

I’m only now willing to make an exception for orange boots, as long as Chris Willock is wearing them.

Don't weaken, Man!
Stay strong!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paul Mullin's boots on 17:59 - Oct 25 with 1957 viewsdmm

Political statements on boots banned. Betting companies across the front of shirts, allowed.
Paul Mullin's boots on 18:50 - Oct 25 with 1889 viewsNW5Hoop

Football is in a terrible mess over all this stuff. Football's governing bodies are political entities and they engage in politics all the time. Having World Cups in Russia and Qatar is a political statement, of far greater effect than having a slogan on your boots. Letting dictatorships splash their names across shirts is a political statement.The only people who are not allowed to bring politics into football are the players. Of course. Because God forbid they should have opinions.
Paul Mullin's boots on 19:01 - Oct 25 with 1833 viewsSonofNorfolt

I shall shortly be bringing out a new range of footwear called ATAC.
Paul Mullin's boots on 00:45 - Oct 26 with 1556 viewsDannyPaddox

In truth not be the first banned political boot.

These were banned for being anti-Semitic. Although the subsequent Forde report proved that to be absolute bullshit. Political satire eh? … wa-hey!
Paul Mullin's boots on 08:35 - Oct 26 with 1396 viewsR_from_afar

Paul Mullin's boots on 17:59 - Oct 25 by dmm

Political statements on boots banned. Betting companies across the front of shirts, allowed.

Indeed. Mullin would have got away with it if he had added something like "Please hate responsibly" beneath the strapline.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Paul Mullin's boots on 09:22 - Oct 26 with 1319 viewsngbqpr

Paul Mullin's boots on 16:37 - Oct 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm not sure that I'm completely against political statements by athletes - after all, we celebrate Mexico '68. I think, though, that football is a team sport and, if at all possible, individual athletes should not makes statements that might disrupt the collective.

If they still feel the need to make such a statement, then I think it should be slightly more subtle and slightly more intelligent than "F*** THE TORIES".

I believe his initial request to his boot supplier was:

"Labour produces marvels for the rich but it produces deprivation for the worker." (Marx, 1867)"

...but he was limited to 13 characters.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024