Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Missed Johansen badly today 17:48 - Nov 5 with 5039 viewsRed_Ranger

I thought.
I just dont think Dozzell or Amos have those stretching passes and directional changes
[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 17:50]
Missed Johansen badly today on 07:44 - Nov 7 with 613 viewsdavman

Missed Johansen badly today on 23:15 - Nov 6 by daveB

a lot of that was a lack of movement ahead of them and West Brom shutting down any space for Willock and Chair to play in so we had to go either direct or pass to someone not really wanting it.

For me the biggest problem was injuries on saturday as we couldn't freshen the side up as I think you need to do in these 3 game weeks. With hindsight I'd have personally started Armstrong yesterday and try and push then back a bit creating more space for Willock and Chair although that would have probably left us very short in midfield

Agree with the first para. and to an extent the second one.

For me something had to change at half time on Saturday and I thought it was worth sacrificing Amos (who was not great tbh) for Dunne to go three at the back. It is not a defensive move and would have resulted in a natural push up of our full backs, which would have given Brom something different to think about.

I think, however, that people need to look beyond the league position here. They are in a Bruce engineered false position and have some very good Champ players and are managed by someone who has beaten us regularly over the last few seasons. That was always going to be a tough game. The one to win is tomorrow.

Slow starts still bothering me ; need to be straight into Udders tomorrow night...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Missed Johansen badly today on 08:13 - Nov 7 with 565 viewsRed_Ranger

Missed Johansen badly today on 07:44 - Nov 7 by davman

Agree with the first para. and to an extent the second one.

For me something had to change at half time on Saturday and I thought it was worth sacrificing Amos (who was not great tbh) for Dunne to go three at the back. It is not a defensive move and would have resulted in a natural push up of our full backs, which would have given Brom something different to think about.

I think, however, that people need to look beyond the league position here. They are in a Bruce engineered false position and have some very good Champ players and are managed by someone who has beaten us regularly over the last few seasons. That was always going to be a tough game. The one to win is tomorrow.

Slow starts still bothering me ; need to be straight into Udders tomorrow night...

I agree with all this. He's obviously a very good manager, i couldn't believe how good Huddersfield were last season .

Also , although I think Dykes seems to be improving every game (that wousd have been some goal for him if keeper didnt save) , I agree with Armstong suggestion a couple of posts up. He would have stretch their back row more.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024