Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Linford Christie Stadium 19:01 - Dec 13 with 18430 viewsDixie_CT

The future of Linford Christie Stadium, our last chance to stay in Hammersmith and Fulham, is being discussed tomorrow night.

http://democracy.lbhf.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=467&MId=7289&Ver=4

The proposal put forward as a plan is very amateurish and lacks quality.

http://democracy.lbhf.gov.uk/documents/s122549/Appendix%202%20-%20Linford%20Chri

We have little chance of getting permission for this site, or any other local site for that matter (although other options are very limited) and a new stadium is a pivotal factor in the future identity of our club. Without a long term place in the Premier League, our income is hamstrung, especially by Loftus Road.

This issue for me throws up some bigger questions. I personally think the owners should put it to the fans in regards to what we want for QPR because standing still financially sees us yo-yoing between the Championship and League One, not the other way. If that isn’t for them, then they should pass the baton onto a new Board (better the devil you know!)

Whatever your thoughts are on the Board, Lee, Les, Jude the Cat etc, you can’t deny that we have already been left behind by our local neighbours, Brentford & Fulham. Being the fourth team in West London might be a position we occupy for the foreseeable future and that isn’t something that sits comfortably with me.
Linford Christie Stadium on 19:15 - Dec 13 with 6142 viewsLogman

I sometimes get the feeling that the community role is as high on the Board's agenda as getting into the Premiership and becoming a big club - which is fair enough - it's the owners club so they can take it in the direction that they want to. There's no doubt that our plans for a new stadium have been put on the back burner since the pandemic. Let's be honest, we are in the hands of the owners and if they want to park the idea of a new stadium for now then so be it.

That proposal for the stadium is indeed very amateurish. I'm not sure the Trustees of Wormwood Scrubs are going to have any leverage. I wouldn't read too much into their plans.
Linford Christie Stadium on 19:27 - Dec 13 with 6048 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Would rather be in League One than on the M1, personally.

Fúck drinking in a Frankie & Bennys pre match for the rest of my days.
Linford Christie Stadium on 19:31 - Dec 13 with 6044 viewsToast_R

Why would any owner of any club be happy haemorrhageing a million quid a month it its current guise?
Linford Christie Stadium on 19:32 - Dec 13 with 6046 viewsLanhoop

Dreamers.

They are still asking LBHF to fund works and then ongoing maintenance. Money which LBHF don't have.
Linford Christie Stadium on 19:47 - Dec 13 with 5995 viewsDixie_CT

https://www.friendsofthescrubs.uk/about

http://democracy.lbhf.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=467

Not sure how fair it is that the two co-opted Members to the board of Wormwood Scrubs Charitable Trust Committee are from the Board of the Friends of Wormwood Scrubs, especially when it is the FOWS who are submitting a proposal to develop the site?!?
Linford Christie Stadium on 19:58 - Dec 13 with 5937 viewsLogman

Linford Christie Stadium on 19:31 - Dec 13 by Toast_R

Why would any owner of any club be happy haemorrhageing a million quid a month it its current guise?

Its small change to them. The ownership and shield of owning and running a football club and the significance of the community, societal and business role go a long way to over-riding the monthly debt.
Linford Christie Stadium on 20:05 - Dec 13 with 5896 viewscolinallcars

Linford Christie Stadium on 19:32 - Dec 13 by Lanhoop

Dreamers.

They are still asking LBHF to fund works and then ongoing maintenance. Money which LBHF don't have.

In 1975 I applied to Hammersmith council for a grant of £5000 to start up a rock band using all local musicians.
To everyone's absolute astonishment, they said no.
Linford Christie Stadium on 20:48 - Dec 13 with 5646 viewsBoston

Linford Christie Stadium on 20:05 - Dec 13 by colinallcars

In 1975 I applied to Hammersmith council for a grant of £5000 to start up a rock band using all local musicians.
To everyone's absolute astonishment, they said no.

Should have told 'em that the whole rhythm section was the purple gang.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Linford Christie Stadium on 21:25 - Dec 13 with 5494 viewsNorthantsHoop

If we carry on with this last gasp option which seems to be going nowhere, as it appears the local authority are not really interested or convinced of supporting a new football stadium. How long did the Warren Farm training centre situation drag on, before out of nowhere the Heston location came to fruition and it moved pretty quickly and is nearly built. I know and understand the history of staying in W12 etc, but it is does not seem feasible, feel the answer is to go further west, probably in LB of Hillingdon, find land and develop stadium there.
Linford Christie Stadium on 21:54 - Dec 13 with 5374 viewsE17hoop

I've read some planning documents in my time and that's shít.

It's simply a list of thing that might happen if QPR make any representation to rebuilding the site. It's poorly structured and just raises issues for the wont of getting them on a LBHF record somewhere, e.g. wildlife and 'nesting birds' otherwise known a the Warren Farm defence.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Linford Christie Stadium on 21:56 - Dec 13 with 5370 viewsMick_S

Linford Christie Stadium on 21:25 - Dec 13 by NorthantsHoop

If we carry on with this last gasp option which seems to be going nowhere, as it appears the local authority are not really interested or convinced of supporting a new football stadium. How long did the Warren Farm training centre situation drag on, before out of nowhere the Heston location came to fruition and it moved pretty quickly and is nearly built. I know and understand the history of staying in W12 etc, but it is does not seem feasible, feel the answer is to go further west, probably in LB of Hillingdon, find land and develop stadium there.

Feck that, mate, and I live in Hillingdon. West London can cope with what we have, as it is at the moment. Stuff QPR matchdays in Uxbridge- the place and surrounds couldn’t deal with it. I understand that’s a negative view about something that is unlikely to happen, but not for me. The local authorities might be up for it, though.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Linford Christie Stadium on 22:03 - Dec 13 with 5328 viewsDixie_CT

Linford Christie Stadium on 21:54 - Dec 13 by E17hoop

I've read some planning documents in my time and that's shít.

It's simply a list of thing that might happen if QPR make any representation to rebuilding the site. It's poorly structured and just raises issues for the wont of getting them on a LBHF record somewhere, e.g. wildlife and 'nesting birds' otherwise known a the Warren Farm defence.

It is a pretty poor document and I agree that is for just getting it down on record.

I wonder how those wildlife and nesting birds at the Scrubs will get on when Old Oak Common Station lands as part of HS2 in 10 years time.
Linford Christie Stadium on 22:08 - Dec 13 with 5309 viewsNorthantsHoop

Linford Christie Stadium on 21:56 - Dec 13 by Mick_S

Feck that, mate, and I live in Hillingdon. West London can cope with what we have, as it is at the moment. Stuff QPR matchdays in Uxbridge- the place and surrounds couldn’t deal with it. I understand that’s a negative view about something that is unlikely to happen, but not for me. The local authorities might be up for it, though.

I think the Board will look elsewhere and find a London Borough that is supportive, they have said as much. We will just have to see, all the while our stadium falls into disrepair, looks outdated and fails to provide income that effectively supports outgoings.
We are going to have a fantastic training facility next year but although I love it a run down stadium that is not attracting investment and potential new younger support.
Linford Christie Stadium on 22:19 - Dec 13 with 5251 viewscolinallcars

Linford Christie Stadium on 20:48 - Dec 13 by Boston

Should have told 'em that the whole rhythm section was the purple gang.

I shoulda told 'em that:
The stage is a world,
The world is a stage,
Of entertainment.
No, hang on……
Linford Christie Stadium on 22:19 - Dec 13 with 5249 viewsMick_S

Linford Christie Stadium on 22:08 - Dec 13 by NorthantsHoop

I think the Board will look elsewhere and find a London Borough that is supportive, they have said as much. We will just have to see, all the while our stadium falls into disrepair, looks outdated and fails to provide income that effectively supports outgoings.
We are going to have a fantastic training facility next year but although I love it a run down stadium that is not attracting investment and potential new younger support.

Hs2 is claiming most of the availability in Hillingdon at the moment, and that is an ongoing thing. I’m not sure where the open space is anymore?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Linford Christie Stadium on 22:20 - Dec 13 with 5248 viewsDixie_CT

Linford Christie Stadium on 22:08 - Dec 13 by NorthantsHoop

LB Ealing used to be really supportive of us when Julian Bell was the leader but he was ousted and Warren Farm may have left a bad taste in the mouth.

No sites big enough in K & C or Westminster and unlikely to get political support. Some areas of Brent would work but moving there is the same as moving out to Hillingdon/Hounslow, perhaps even worse.

If the club does decide we need a new stadium, moving out does sadly seem to be only viable option left. Majority would, understandably, be up in arms, but we just seem to be at a roadblock in our conversations with H & F with no change in the relationship looking likely. All very depressing and slightly strange.
Linford Christie Stadium on 22:27 - Dec 13 with 5189 viewsLowerloftLad

If the Jack tazard school was to ever move to a bigger premises and QPR required that land is there a possibility of expansion towards to loft ?.

Can't see us ever moving stadiums to be honest and that's the only way I could see QPR having any extra land.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2022 22:28]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Linford Christie Stadium on 22:36 - Dec 13 with 5160 viewsDixie_CT

Linford Christie Stadium on 22:27 - Dec 13 by LowerloftLad

If the Jack tazard school was to ever move to a bigger premises and QPR required that land is there a possibility of expansion towards to loft ?.

Can't see us ever moving stadiums to be honest and that's the only way I could see QPR having any extra land.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2022 22:28]

There are things you can do with the current site that would improve fan experience and slightly increase attendance but they are fairly marginal gains and would require a lot of work and investment to get them over the line.
Linford Christie Stadium on 23:08 - Dec 13 with 5024 viewscolinallcars

It's late and I'm the worse for wear but the old argument is…..would you like to move to a new possibly soulless new stadium and get promoted to the razzamatz (showing my age there), of the Prem, and be ridiculed by Sky commentators and slaughtered by the big money clubs, or stay at LR and being a decent Championship side ?
Linford Christie Stadium on 23:14 - Dec 13 with 4986 viewsBoston

Linford Christie Stadium on 22:19 - Dec 13 by Mick_S

Hs2 is claiming most of the availability in Hillingdon at the moment, and that is an ongoing thing. I’m not sure where the open space is anymore?

Cool, we could have a station next to the stadium.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Linford Christie Stadium on 00:02 - Dec 14 with 4911 viewsPunteR

Such a shame we didn't get involved with the development around Westfields, BBC center and all the other developments happening on our door step.
We're not moving with our current owners are we. ?.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Linford Christie Stadium on 04:18 - Dec 14 with 4726 viewsDixie_CT

Linford Christie Stadium on 23:08 - Dec 13 by colinallcars

It's late and I'm the worse for wear but the old argument is…..would you like to move to a new possibly soulless new stadium and get promoted to the razzamatz (showing my age there), of the Prem, and be ridiculed by Sky commentators and slaughtered by the big money clubs, or stay at LR and being a decent Championship side ?

If we don’t move our budget makes us a decent League One side.

What is a decent Championship club anyways? Finishing between 3rd - 21st every season with no promotion but a decent cup run? Not the easiest sell that to players, managers, owners, and fans.

Surely we should be aiming to play at the highest level and compete for trophies? I don’t love the Premier League, I love QPR and want to be proud of the club, for it’s work and results both on and off the pitch.

I sometimes think when I hear fans saying they are not fussed about playing in the Prem, it is a little bit like being rejected by your childhood sweetheart and saying that you don’t care, you’re happy to be dating Gemma Collins.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 4:21]
Linford Christie Stadium on 04:24 - Dec 14 with 4719 viewsDixie_CT

Linford Christie Stadium on 23:14 - Dec 13 by Boston

Cool, we could have a station next to the stadium.

A bit like if we built a stadium on the Linford Christie site or as part of the Old Oak Common Development.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Oak_Common_railway_station

Looking at that map, I do wonder if the club has ever had a conversation with Ark Burlington Danes and Latymer Upper School?
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 4:30]
Linford Christie Stadium on 04:35 - Dec 14 with 4693 viewsDixie_CT

Linford Christie Stadium on 00:02 - Dec 14 by PunteR

Such a shame we didn't get involved with the development around Westfields, BBC center and all the other developments happening on our door step.

Our current owners wanted to move to a new stadium but I’m not sure on the appetite of that now post-COVID and FFP fine. There also seems to be some sort of blockage between H & F and QPR.

The White City Living - Scale Space site would have been an amazing location but that ship has sailed. Players like Imperial and Blenheim Chalcot have got too much of a stake in that area now.
Linford Christie Stadium on 07:51 - Dec 14 with 4469 viewsJuzzie

Linford Christie Stadium on 00:02 - Dec 14 by PunteR

A 25/30k stadium will have a large footprint. No way would we have (or Fulham/Chelsea) have got a stadium there when they can, and have, build hundreds of flats instead for large amounts of ££££££ coming in. £2,300,000 anyone for a 3 bedroom flat?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024