Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour hold Stretford and Urmston 07:47 - Dec 16 with 1073 viewsWhiterockin

But with a 25.8% turnout. Leaves the question are people sick of politics.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 08:59 - Dec 16 with 1036 viewsBoundy

Its a dangerous position for any society to be in when voter apathy outweighs the interest in politics , but can anyone be surprised with the state /standards of politics which has to be at its lowest for many a decade . The country's desperate for change but the alternative is more of the same

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:02 - Dec 16 with 1034 viewsSirjohnalot

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 08:59 - Dec 16 by Boundy

Its a dangerous position for any society to be in when voter apathy outweighs the interest in politics , but can anyone be surprised with the state /standards of politics which has to be at its lowest for many a decade . The country's desperate for change but the alternative is more of the same

Weather up here is really bad, minus 6 last night, thick ice everywhere. I’d imagine that was part of the reason
Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:12 - Dec 16 with 1029 viewsWhiterockin

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:02 - Dec 16 by Sirjohnalot

Weather up here is really bad, minus 6 last night, thick ice everywhere. I’d imagine that was part of the reason

If people really wanted to show the government what they thought of them they would have voted, cold or not.

Edit
It hasn't affected picket lines.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 9:14]

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:12 - Dec 16 with 1028 views3swan

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 08:59 - Dec 16 by Boundy

I'm not sure if I'm suffering apathy, but your comment says it all to me.

"The country's desperate for change but the alternative is more of the same"
Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:14 - Dec 16 with 1015 viewsFireboy2

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:12 - Dec 16 by 3swan

So what do we do? Stick with these lot who are eroding the working persons existence?
Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:15 - Dec 16 with 1005 viewsonehunglow

Same here

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:17 - Dec 16 with 996 viewsSirjohnalot

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:12 - Dec 16 by Whiterockin

If people really wanted to show the government what they thought of them they would have voted, cold or not.

Edit

You’re right, it hasn’t, I’d have gone out, but ours is 100 yards up the road. My elderly parents wouldn’t have gone out. I’m probably more politically active than others. Freezing cold night in December is bound to reduce numbers.
Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:21 - Dec 16 with 986 viewsonehunglow

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:17 - Dec 16 by Sirjohnalot

You’re right, it hasn’t, I’d have gone out, but ours is 100 yards up the road. My elderly parents wouldn’t have gone out. I’m probably more politically active than others. Freezing cold night in December is bound to reduce numbers.

Morning ,my Learned Friend.
Everywhere up here,on the coast is lethally slippery.Ive been walking Fang in Hiking Boots and almost walking like an old man,very gingerly across the footballs. Ponds are frozen solid here but by Monday we'll be back to something like normality.
We ve got heating now anyway with albeit a temporary solution

Login to get fewer ads

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:22 - Dec 16 with 984 views3swan

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:14 - Dec 16 by Fireboy2

So what do we do? Stick with these lot who are eroding the working persons existence?

No.

We vote them out, and hope things will be better.

Some things will be, but overall I can't see enough changes as they (most politicians), play their political bubble games.
Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:31 - Dec 16 with 974 viewsonehunglow

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:22 - Dec 16 by 3swan

No.

Some things will be, but overall I can't see enough changes as they (most politicians), play their political bubble games.

Working people /persons is a phrase Id like outlawed as it stigmatisie people where they stand-used to keep people in their place by those in power.Tragic that the "working people"now accept that definition of themselves.
Its like "class"

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 10:23 - Dec 16 with 936 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sums up how I feel about things pretty well.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 12:21 - Dec 16 with 900 viewsLohengrin

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:02 - Dec 16 by Sirjohnalot

The weather would have been a factor, for those getting on in years especially, but the temperature is far from the whole story.

I’ve been tracking the downward trajectory of electoral turn-out on here for quite a few years and we’re now at the point where three quarters of eligible voters have turned their back on the process. This surely now has to raise the question of there being a crisis of legitimacy, doesn’t it?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 12:26 - Dec 16 with 893 viewscontroversial_jack

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:22 - Dec 16 by 3swan

No.

Exactly, it's all we can do is vote for an alternate and see what happens. We know this current govt is a disaster, so why stick with them.
Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 14:18 - Dec 16 with 841 viewsSirjohnalot

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 12:21 - Dec 16 by Lohengrin

The weather would have been a factor, for those getting on in years especially, but the temperature is far from the whole story.

I’ve been tracking the downward trajectory of electoral turn-out on here for quite a few years and we’re now at the point where three quarters of eligible voters have turned their back on the process. This surely now has to raise the question of there being a crisis of legitimacy, doesn’t it?

Very good point, and the Gvnt and trying to push that rhetoric that 'they are all the same'. This Gvnt has poisoned the public's perception of politicians. Let us see what a Labour Gvnt will do. I hope and trust they will not be like Mogg and Johnson
Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 15:00 - Dec 16 with 818 viewsWhiterockin

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 14:18 - Dec 16 by Sirjohnalot

Very good point, and the Gvnt and trying to push that rhetoric that 'they are all the same'. This Gvnt has poisoned the public's perception of politicians. Let us see what a Labour Gvnt will do. I hope and trust they will not be like Mogg and Johnson

My perception of all parties have been poisoned for a long time, this is from personal experience over many years.

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 15:04 - Dec 16 with 798 viewsSirjohnalot

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 15:00 - Dec 16 by Whiterockin

My perception of all parties have been poisoned for a long time, this is from personal experience over many years.

And that’s the best experience.

I had no big issue with May or Cameron (other than brexit) or Brown, Blair or Major but the current cabal are so repugnant, I can’t wait for their destruction. Think the same applies to any government that’s been in for such a long time
Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 20:46 - Dec 16 with 726 viewsmax936

100% this, nail on the head for me, nobody knows who to vote for, none of them standout, they're all equally pathetic.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 00:28 - Dec 17 with 676 viewsmajorraglan

Safe seat, awful weather, postal strike which may have reduced the number of postal votes returned - I’m not in the least bit surprised by the poor turn out. I didn’t even know there was an election until today!
Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 08:12 - Dec 17 with 646 viewsWhiterockin

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 00:28 - Dec 17 by majorraglan

Safe seat, awful weather, postal strike which may have reduced the number of postal votes returned - I’m not in the least bit surprised by the poor turn out. I didn’t even know there was an election until today!

The last sentence tends to go along with my thinking that the public have had enough of politics and politicians.

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 14:01 - Dec 17 with 598 viewsjojaca

Democracy is an illusion. If you want change we need a revolution and sharpen your pitchforks.

Even when you know, you never know?

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 15:08 - Dec 17 with 586 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:12 - Dec 16 by Whiterockin

Edit

Less than 1% of strikers are on picket lines.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 15:11 - Dec 17 with 585 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Labour hold Stretford and Urmston on 09:31 - Dec 16 by onehunglow

Working people /persons is a phrase Id like outlawed as it stigmatisie people where they stand-used to keep people in their place by those in power.Tragic that the "working people"now accept that definition of themselves.
Its like "class"

78% of the UK adult population are working not sure what the want to call them.

Perhaps the 4% who refuse to work should be called social misfits.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024