Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome win but not convincing 13:33 - Jan 1 with 2599 viewsBarrySwan

I realise that this opinion is going to make me rather unpopular and I'm sure that we all appreciated a 4-nil win to give the club a first win in nine games current record.

But having watched the game up to the 70th minute until I had to leave for other matters I thought that the Swans performance was pretty poor, mundane at best, the usual dross at worst.

I thought that a dreadful Watford side exposed every limitation that the Swans team is capable of during the first 15 minutes or so with several of our players reduced to basically wrestling Watford players from behind as they waltzed pass our own with embarrassing ease.

Any half competent side against us would have almost put the game to bed in their favour before Piroe's first goal.

I do realise that a 4-0 win against a highly placed team after weeks of complete and utter dross mingled with horrendous defensive mistakes is to be welcomed but feel that the wave of euphoria generated may well be short lived unless of course the 20 minutes of the game that I missed revealed new previously hidden talents and style that I hadn't spotted in the first 70 minutes.

A quick glance at the Watford message board shows that 63% of contributors had the Swans down for a win beforehand with the vast majority of comments even more scathing about their team and manager that even those displayed on here about Martin and our team.

Am I alone in being a touch cautious although naturally hopeful about our sudden anticipated revival?

To be fair my view of the game may have been coloured by the laughing fit that I was still undergoing after hearing Mr Martin's interview on the radio transmitted shortly before kickoff that surely contained the comedy quote of the decade Which went something like this :-

I'm fed up of us losing and the other side saying that we were the best side that they'd played all season

Possibly the tears of laughter were still affecting my subjective view of what was after all a very welcome 4-0 win

[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 13:43]
Welcome win but not convincing (n/t) on 23:05 - Jan 1 with 480 viewsSTID2017

Welcome win but not convincing on 15:42 - Jan 1 by Fireboy2

I just referenced him into this topic ya nugget 🤪

Touch strong ?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 23:10]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Welcome win but not convincing on 07:55 - Jan 2 with 427 viewsThrasher6

6/4 for Burnley looks a tad generous....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024