Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! 05:52 - Jan 9 with 14062 viewsNotLoyal

Sunderland at the stadium of light is next up for Swansea City. It’s a tough trip, and not only for the team who hopefully will show a little more respect for the travelling supporters than they did at Bristol City last Sunday. You are not entitled !

Andy Melville played for both sides.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59344/swansea-city-all-s

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59343/mowbray-has-some-s

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59347/swansea-city-exert

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59355/everything-russell

Sunderland: Anthony Patterson, Corry Evans (captain), Daniel Ballard, Patrick Roberts, Ross Stewart, Trai Hume, Jack Clarke, Daniel Neil, Luke O'Nien, Lynden Gooch, Amad Diallo.

Substitutes: Alex Bass, Bailey Wright, Danny Batth, Abdoullah Ra, Leon Dajaku, Jewison Bennette, Edouard Michut.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Joe Allen, Matt Grimes (captain), Ollie Cooper; Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Olivier Ntcham, Luke Cundle, Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Matty Sorinola, Cameron Congreve.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 11:10 - Jan 15 with 1274 viewsDr_Parnassus

I do actually, apparently a red card for a home team has a far larger disadvantage than a red card to an away team.

My guess would be that home advantage usually makes the away team play naturally cautiously. The moment they have a man advantage they can then go on the offensive.

Collated over 7,979 matches in La Liga, EPL and Serie A. A total of 1,859 red cards.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 11:12]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 12:18 - Jan 15 with 1253 viewsBoundy

So glad we don't play on graph paper

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 12:24 - Jan 15 with 1247 viewsmax936

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 12:18 - Jan 15 by Boundy

Init

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 12:29 - Jan 15 with 1198 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 12:18 - Jan 15 by Boundy

Graphs and data show what has happened, they aren’t a different version of the game.

Our games on grass (and other teams) are part of that data.

It’s a bit like saying “I’m glad we don’t play on newspaper” after the paper accurately displays the league table and you don’t like our position.

It’s just the facts of what has happened, it’s not an opinion.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 13:12 - Jan 15 with 1197 viewsNotLoyal

Negativity after a 3-1 away win 🥱

OK I've changed it.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 13:18 - Jan 15 with 1144 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 13:12 - Jan 15 by NotLoyal

Where?

I see people saying they are happy with the result but making the obvious observation that a match against a team with 10 men for 78 minutes isn’t going to be the barometer of where we are as a club.

That comes with consistency.

Perfect sense.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 13:26 - Jan 15 with 1159 viewsNotLoyal

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 13:18 - Jan 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Where?

I see people saying they are happy with the result but making the obvious observation that a match against a team with 10 men for 78 minutes isn’t going to be the barometer of where we are as a club.

That comes with consistency.

Perfect sense.

As I said.

OK I've changed it.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 13:29 - Jan 15 with 1117 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 13:26 - Jan 15 by NotLoyal

As I said.

Indeed, but where?

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 13:40 - Jan 15 with 1135 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:37 - Jan 14 by swan_si

I hope Cullen scoring today didn't ruin your birthday.

Not at all son.
That s all the reaction you re gonna get

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 13:43 - Jan 15 with 1131 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 13:12 - Jan 15 by NotLoyal

You do realise basic physics says there are both positive and negative .
We d be buggered without negatives
Too much positive and you get electrocuted
You ever debate anything or simply chuck in invectives when you fancy it ?

It was a welcome and overdue win.
No more no less

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 13:44 - Jan 15 with 1122 viewsNotLoyal

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 13:43 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

You do realise basic physics says there are both positive and negative .
We d be buggered without negatives
Too much positive and you get electrocuted
You ever debate anything or simply chuck in invectives when you fancy it ?

It was a welcome and overdue win.
No more no less

Yes, that’s three league games and two wins as has been mentioned elsewhere.

OK I've changed it.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 15:24 - Jan 15 with 1031 viewsbuilthjack

Unbelievable Jeff

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 15:57 - Jan 15 with 997 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 15:24 - Jan 15 by builthjack

Unbelievable Jeff

Positive about that Jeff.
Not sure what people know exactly what negativity is,or positivity come to that.
One think for sure,posting “ positive” is a sure way of covering up negativity.
I’m positive about that

A decent win and our fans turning in each others…again….even after being implored not to do so.

Unbelievable ? Not really. I d expect nothing less .

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 16:03 - Jan 15 with 983 viewsNotLoyal

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 15:57 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

Positive about that Jeff.
Not sure what people know exactly what negativity is,or positivity come to that.
One think for sure,posting “ positive” is a sure way of covering up negativity.
I’m positive about that

A decent win and our fans turning in each others…again….even after being implored not to do so.

Unbelievable ? Not really. I d expect nothing less .

Just be happy the swans are more on the up than on the negative down.

OK I've changed it.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 16:07 - Jan 15 with 965 viewsSTID2017

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 15:24 - Jan 15 by builthjack

Unbelievable Jeff

Think some like our brilliant Kammy Kamara, missed what was going on, causing their negativity

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 16:09 - Jan 15 with 957 viewsNotLoyal

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 16:07 - Jan 15 by STID2017

Think some like our brilliant Kammy Kamara, missed what was going on, causing their negativity

Problem is constant negativity counters the good points they make. People stop listening.

OK I've changed it.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 16:24 - Jan 15 with 918 viewsSTID2017

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 16:09 - Jan 15 by NotLoyal

Problem is constant negativity counters the good points they make. People stop listening.

Agree.

It is a shame as some gems amongst all the negative nonsense.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 16:48 - Jan 15 with 884 viewsvetchonian

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 16:24 - Jan 15 by STID2017

Agree.

It is a shame as some gems amongst all the negative nonsense.

amazing all these comments given during our previous mangers reign there were many critical comments yet that was deemed acceptable despite us rarely being out of the top 6, yet depsite having a second mediocre season no critisicm is allowed

As I have said my post yesterday was about realism it was a much welcome win but it was nothing spectacular and was achieved against 10 men....as a reult we should have been expected to win

We have had some great results ourselves when being down to 10 men I have quoted a great memory of mine form the Tosh days when we went down to 10 men against Crystal Palace and Colin Irwin refused to go off swapping places with Latch the first leg of the play off semi final at Forest so yes being down to 10 men can be advantageous

Be warned this old poisoned rat can bite

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 16:56 - Jan 15 with 859 viewsNotLoyal

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 16:48 - Jan 15 by vetchonian

amazing all these comments given during our previous mangers reign there were many critical comments yet that was deemed acceptable despite us rarely being out of the top 6, yet depsite having a second mediocre season no critisicm is allowed

As I have said my post yesterday was about realism it was a much welcome win but it was nothing spectacular and was achieved against 10 men....as a reult we should have been expected to win

We have had some great results ourselves when being down to 10 men I have quoted a great memory of mine form the Tosh days when we went down to 10 men against Crystal Palace and Colin Irwin refused to go off swapping places with Latch the first leg of the play off semi final at Forest so yes being down to 10 men can be advantageous

Be warned this old poisoned rat can bite

We have problems with rats living in cars and eating through the cabling in the engine.

Regards the previous manager you are referring to a time when this website was as poisonous and disgusting as it ever could be. Now it is not.

OK I've changed it.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 17:12 - Jan 15 with 842 viewsswancity

A good 3-1 away win at a packed Sunderland has to applauded regardless of whether they played with 10 men for most of the game. Our playing style means that we can capitalise on that situation by passing the ball, in the knowledge that there is going to be the potential for a player overload.

It’s sad that certain people still want to waste time to find negativity. We are within touching distance of the play offs and bearing in mind the way that our club is now being run that’s something to satisfied with.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 17:24 - Jan 15 with 818 viewsonehunglow

Hopefully, we will, are the Promised Land and then we can have feisty exchanges knowing we are at the highest level of Football.

Get there and AlL will be happy ,contented and sated.

In the meantime, could we quit this “ positive” mantra as it’s tedious in the extreme .

It’s an easy Word to say yet one hard to quantify .

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 17:26 - Jan 15 with 809 viewsKeithHaynes

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 17:24 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

Hopefully, we will, are the Promised Land and then we can have feisty exchanges knowing we are at the highest level of Football.

In the meantime, could we quit this “ positive” mantra as it’s tedious in the extreme .

Positivity gets us results, it generates a life more interesting and makes us aspirational.

I can’t see life any other way no matter the subject.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 17:46 - Jan 15 with 778 viewsSTID2017

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 17:26 - Jan 15 by KeithHaynes

Positivity gets us results, it generates a life more interesting and makes us aspirational.

I can’t see life any other way no matter the subject.

Agree.
Glass half full is the only way.
Must be hard work being negative all the time like some ?

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 17:51 - Jan 15 with 774 viewsswancity

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 17:24 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

Positive things happen to positive people. Not always of course but it can help. You on the other hand enjoy trying to find reasons to be negative. Mainly without any substance. You’re a bit like Victor Meldrew.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 18:18 - Jan 15 with 733 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 17:51 - Jan 15 by swancity

Positive things happen to positive people. Not always of course but it can help. You on the other hand enjoy trying to find reasons to be negative. Mainly without any substance. You’re a bit like Victor Meldrew.

Could you simply reply to topic and quit this incessant personal garbage

You ve proven my point ,son.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 18:19]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024