Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Rangers interested in Whittaker 15:57 - Jan 16 with 4883 viewsonehunglow

Glasgow that is not, interested in him.
Think on this .
Good enough to make his mark at Plymouth and prove a point and now one of the biggest clubs seem keen on him but nit good enough for Russ.

I feel for this lad ,I really do.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:03 - Jan 16 with 2494 viewsKeithHaynes

Saleable asset, the manager has had the rug pulled from beneath him on this for sure.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:12 - Jan 16 with 2455 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

He’s done well in league 1 but will he be willing to step down to the SPL?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:14 - Jan 16 with 2448 viewsWhiterockin

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:12 - Jan 16 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Naughty

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:15 - Jan 16 with 2445 viewsGixerJack

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:12 - Jan 16 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

He’d score a lot of goals up there
So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:19 - Jan 16 with 2415 viewsKeithHaynes

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:15 - Jan 16 by GixerJack

He’d score a lot of goals up there

As a replacement for Obafemi he would do the same at Swansea.

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:25 - Jan 16 with 2386 viewsjack247

Doesn’t this prove his loan worked?

Surplus to requirements in August and from what I’d seen of him in his cameos and cup games before he went to Lincoln, I’d have been inclined to agree.

Now he’s one of the best players in league one (before recall) and Rangers are interested.

Whether he is good enough for us now is probably a moot point. He’s a saleable asset who won’t be able to go anywhere if he plays for us. I’d be amazed if Martin is allowed to select him.
So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:36 - Jan 16 with 2349 viewsKeithHaynes

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:25 - Jan 16 by jack247

Doesn’t this prove his loan worked?

Surplus to requirements in August and from what I’d seen of him in his cameos and cup games before he went to Lincoln, I’d have been inclined to agree.

Now he’s one of the best players in league one (before recall) and Rangers are interested.

Whether he is good enough for us now is probably a moot point. He’s a saleable asset who won’t be able to go anywhere if he plays for us. I’d be amazed if Martin is allowed to select him.

It won’t happen for sure, but who will match the reported 2.5 million fee ?

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:44 - Jan 16 with 2312 viewsWhiterockin

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:36 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

It won’t happen for sure, but who will match the reported 2.5 million fee ?

This may come back and bite me, but at £2.5M I think he is a better long term investment than Oba.

Login to get fewer ads

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:53 - Jan 16 with 2278 viewsjack247

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:44 - Jan 16 by Whiterockin

This may come back and bite me, but at £2.5M I think he is a better long term investment than Oba.

Attitude wise absolutely.
So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:09 - Jan 16 with 2243 viewsonehunglow

Chances are he will be playing Champion League matches sooner than those of his former colleagues at Swansea
Sent out not to develop but because he was not fancied .
It proves our coach isn’t good as if he were he d have coached him to be a better player

Let’s face it, people are looking to excuse this massive misjudgement

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:17 - Jan 16 with 2230 viewsKeithHaynes

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:09 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

Chances are he will be playing Champion League matches sooner than those of his former colleagues at Swansea
It proves our coach isn’t good as if he were he d have coached him to be a better player

Absolute rubbish.
You are making no sense at all.
Whatever happens it’s good for him and as it stands for the club financially. Use a different stick to beat him with.

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:22 - Jan 16 with 2214 viewsDr_Winston

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 16:03 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

Saleable asset, the manager has had the rug pulled from beneath him on this for sure.

Add this one to the kind of outrage Cooper showed when Peterson was sold.

Managers can't largely ignore a player then complain when they are moved on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:28 - Jan 16 with 2176 viewsswan_si

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:17 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

Absolute rubbish.
Whatever happens it’s good for him and as it stands for the club financially. Use a different stick to beat him with.

Jeez, I wish I had written that, totally agree from " A the the full stop".
It gets embarrassing reading continuous anti all things Swansea on a Swansea city website.
So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:30 - Jan 16 with 2178 viewsonehunglow

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:17 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

Absolute rubbish.

That so your opinion Keith

Opinions !

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:35 - Jan 16 with 2154 viewsWhiterockin

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:30 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

Opinions !

That's the opinion of quite a few on here, it's just that Keith put it far more politely than I would. You need to be thankful that he has patience.

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:36 - Jan 16 with 2152 viewsKeithHaynes

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:30 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

Opinions !

But yours is consistently the same and uses any excuse to have a go.
Please read some of my reports and others on the website for some equality in reasoning regards the club and manager. You will be surprised … possibly.

We use firm information and evidence to criticise and praise where applicable.

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:37 - Jan 16 with 2142 viewsjack247

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:09 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

People who didn’t watch him play saw he got a league cup hat trick against Plymouth and a consolation against Man City and possibly formed an inflated opinion of him. He just looked out of his depth, which is perfectly understandable, he was 19 or 20 at the time.

Sending him out on loan, over the course of a season and a half seems to have worked.

Now he’s done well at Plymouth I’d like to see him at least training with our first team to see if he has improved enough to force his way in. Highly unlikely we’ll see him before the window shuts though.
So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:39 - Jan 16 with 2131 viewsonehunglow

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:35 - Jan 16 by Whiterockin

That's the opinion of quite a few on here, it's just that Keith put it far more politely than I would. You need to be thankful that he has patience.

As politely as I add my opinion.
Can’t we tolerate different opinions.
Everyone has a right to opinions and nobody has to justify them or explain them either .
I cannot remember in 6o yrs more dissonant fan base ,but this is football forum stuff .
Last week,we were implored again bit to post personal . You just have.Again.

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:40 - Jan 16 with 2128 viewsKeithHaynes

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:39 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

As politely as I add my opinion.
Can’t we tolerate different opinions.
Everyone has a right to opinions and nobody has to justify them or explain them either .
I cannot remember in 6o yrs more dissonant fan base ,but this is football forum stuff .
Last week,we were implored again bit to post personal . You just have.Again.

No abuse recorded.

All you are doing is derailing your own thread which defeats any objective in starting it. Unless it’s just to infer the same old 18 month jargon that has never changed.

This post has been edited by an administrator

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:42 - Jan 16 with 2109 viewsDr_Winston

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:37 - Jan 16 by jack247

People who didn’t watch him play saw he got a league cup hat trick against Plymouth and a consolation against Man City and possibly formed an inflated opinion of him. He just looked out of his depth, which is perfectly understandable, he was 19 or 20 at the time.

Sending him out on loan, over the course of a season and a half seems to have worked.

Now he’s done well at Plymouth I’d like to see him at least training with our first team to see if he has improved enough to force his way in. Highly unlikely we’ll see him before the window shuts though.

I'm not sure if Whittaker has ever looked "out of his depth" in the games I've seen him play. Raw certainly, as you would expect a young forward to be, but not lacking in ability.

I don't see much point in continuing the story that he was sent out on loan as some sort of masterplan to develop him. He was sent out on loan because Russy simply isn't interested. Not then, not now.

Maybe no serious offers will be received and his hand will be forced, like it was with Fulton.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:45 - Jan 16 with 2092 viewsKeithHaynes

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:42 - Jan 16 by Dr_Winston

I'm not sure if Whittaker has ever looked "out of his depth" in the games I've seen him play. Raw certainly, as you would expect a young forward to be, but not lacking in ability.

I don't see much point in continuing the story that he was sent out on loan as some sort of masterplan to develop him. He was sent out on loan because Russy simply isn't interested. Not then, not now.

Maybe no serious offers will be received and his hand will be forced, like it was with Fulton.

You could be right, but nobody has indicated the club or manager isn’t interested in him. Just that as we both know players are sent out on loan to develop and get game time. That’s the whole point. Morgan has had game time and developed.

I’m uncertain if a loan deal is a master plan thing, just something every club does at every level.

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:47 - Jan 16 with 2078 viewsWhiterockin

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:42 - Jan 16 by Dr_Winston

Personally I think it's a win win. He goes we get a decent fee, he doesn't we have an excellent addition to the squad. After watching him play several games for Plymouth I think he would be an upgrade on Patterson and Obafemi.

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:53 - Jan 16 with 2054 viewsDr_Winston

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:45 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

You could be right, but nobody has indicated the club or manager isn’t interested in him. Just that as we both know players are sent out on loan to develop and get game time. That’s the whole point. Morgan has had game time and developed.

I’m uncertain if a loan deal is a master plan thing, just something every club does at every level.

Has he developed or just been given the chance to show what he's always been capable of that he was never allowed here?

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:56 - Jan 16 with 2038 viewsKeithHaynes

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:53 - Jan 16 by Dr_Winston

Has he developed or just been given the chance to show what he's always been capable of that he was never allowed here?

We would only know that had we been in league one 😉

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:58 - Jan 16 with 2007 viewsDr_Winston

So Rangers interested in Whittaker on 17:56 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

We would only know that had we been in league one 😉

I think he showed enough in the rare chances he had to suggest that he could have played a role for us this season. Certainly given the absences of both Oba and Paterson he would have been a natural candidate to slot into either position.

When you compare the volume of games Cullen had to the quick dismissal of Whittaker it's not hard to come to the conclusion that he's just not RM's cup of tea. The only real surprise is that there hasn't been any rumours spread about him being disruptive. Or maybe there has and I've missed them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024