Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 16:14 - Feb 6 with 14878 viewsNotLoyal

Sheffield United: Wes Foderingham, Sander Berge, Billy Sharp (captain), John Egan, Max Lowe, Anel Ahmedhodzic, Oliver Norwood, Jack Robinson, Jayden Bogle, James McAtee, Iliman Ndiaye.

Substitutes: Adam Davies, John Fleck, Chris Basham, Oli McBurnie, Ismaila Coulibaly, Ben Osborn, Ciaran Clark.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Nathan Wood, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Olivier Ntcham, Ollie Cooper, Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Harry Darling, Joe Allen, Luke Cundle, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Walsh, Matty Sorinola.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 06:54 - Feb 14 with 791 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 06:48 - Feb 14 by Dr_Winston

Joel is a good player, but Ayew worked twice as hard for the team. He led by example every single game. Plus he played in a side that was even less attacking than this one and somehow dragged it into the playoffs twice through sheer force of will. Bringing him back will ultimately go down as a mistake, but you'd have to be a bit of a prat to deny that he did his level best to earn every bit of his contract.

I'm happy to have Manning in the squad, but his performances at WB are a bit overrated for me. He's not compensating for his lack of pace with good enough service going forward, whilst Bidwell did.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 6:55]

Totally agree on Ayew.
He has proved himself on the PL and WC stage and as you said carried us attack wise in both of the Cooper seasons, as well as being an asset in defence.
Bidwell and Manning are both comparable to me.
Personally happy to see either in my team

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 06:55 - Feb 14 with 777 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 06:54 - Feb 14 by STID2017

Totally agree on Ayew.
He has proved himself on the PL and WC stage and as you said carried us attack wise in both of the Cooper seasons, as well as being an asset in defence.
Bidwell and Manning are both comparable to me.
Personally happy to see either in my team

Ayew is a fantastic player; but he was forced to play as a striker in Coopers team.

As a striker Piroe is demonstrably better. Just a fact.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 07:04 - Feb 14 with 768 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 06:55 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Ayew is a fantastic player; but he was forced to play as a striker in Coopers team.

As a striker Piroe is demonstrably better. Just a fact.

Overall Ayew brought much more to the team than just goals in what was a very low scoring side under Cooper.
His assists, his tracking back and his defending on corners were all a big part of his all round game.
In that respect, although his strike rate is less than Piroe, his all round contribution offered far more to us than Piroe does.
Different type of players, of course.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 07:10 - Feb 14 with 758 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 07:04 - Feb 14 by STID2017

Overall Ayew brought much more to the team than just goals in what was a very low scoring side under Cooper.
His assists, his tracking back and his defending on corners were all a big part of his all round game.
In that respect, although his strike rate is less than Piroe, his all round contribution offered far more to us than Piroe does.
Different type of players, of course.

Stop moving the goalposts, you were talking about his goal scoring earlier and how he was the greatest one since Bony

I better not break it to you that Piroe has nearly as many assists as Ayew in far far far fewer minutes.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 07:14 - Feb 14 with 761 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 07:10 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Stop moving the goalposts, you were talking about his goal scoring earlier and how he was the greatest one since Bony

I better not break it to you that Piroe has nearly as many assists as Ayew in far far far fewer minutes.

He is our best since Bony for us IMHO.
He is proven at the highest level.
Piroe has at yet to prove himself at the highest level, either domestically in the EPL or the WC.
Would love Piroe to ho on and achieve the same or more.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 07:18 - Feb 14 with 750 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 07:14 - Feb 14 by STID2017

He is our best since Bony for us IMHO.
He is proven at the highest level.
Piroe has at yet to prove himself at the highest level, either domestically in the EPL or the WC.
Would love Piroe to ho on and achieve the same or more.

We aren’t in the Premier League, he doesn’t need to. He just needs to prove he’s a better championship player than Ayew - which he has.

No sane person would switch them back.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 07:36 - Feb 14 with 747 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 07:18 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

We aren’t in the Premier League, he doesn’t need to. He just needs to prove he’s a better championship player than Ayew - which he has.

No sane person would switch them back.

"No sane person would switch them back."
Sorry ?
Are you now questioning my mental state ?
Not nice Dr P.
For someone who is quick to accuse others of making xenophobic remarks, that is a very un PC comment to make.
There again you have a long track record in that don't you ?
I have copied the original post, in case you edit it and deny it, as you also have a track record of doing ( as in the infamous Jekyll & Hyde post ? )
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 7:39]

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 07:38 - Feb 14 with 737 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 07:36 - Feb 14 by STID2017

"No sane person would switch them back."
Sorry ?
Are you now questioning my mental state ?
Not nice Dr P.
For someone who is quick to accuse others of making xenophobic remarks, that is a very un PC comment to make.
There again you have a long track record in that don't you ?
I have copied the original post, in case you edit it and deny it, as you also have a track record of doing ( as in the infamous Jekyll & Hyde post ? )
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 7:39]

Apology accepted.

Yep I’m not very PC, if you display signs of cognitive decline then I’ll say so.

Your behaviour is very strange to say the least.

I still have no idea what you are talking about regarding Jekyll and Hyde, why would I deny calling you that?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 7:44]

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 08:29 - Feb 14 with 703 viewssw02sea

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 07:38 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Apology accepted.

Yep I’m not very PC, if you display signs of cognitive decline then I’ll say so.

Your behaviour is very strange to say the least.

I still have no idea what you are talking about regarding Jekyll and Hyde, why would I deny calling you that?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 7:44]

Now, now children, no more fighting in the playground.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:20 - Feb 14 with 690 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 08:29 - Feb 14 by sw02sea

Now, now children, no more fighting in the playground.

Sorry mate.
It's how it goes sometimes
Hopefully the thread for tomorrow's game will be much more positive.
Just hope they don't take Blackpool for granted.
COYS

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:24 - Feb 14 with 686 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:20 - Feb 14 by STID2017

Sorry mate.
It's how it goes sometimes
Hopefully the thread for tomorrow's game will be much more positive.
Just hope they don't take Blackpool for granted.
COYS

Well let’s hope you behave then,

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:37 - Feb 14 with 681 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:24 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Well let’s hope you behave then,

I behave all the time.
That is why I didn't mention you in the last post.
You are renowned for dragging threads off topic and arguing.
It is you who needs to learn to behave and that realising that other views are just as valid.
You are not always ( or even very often ) right.
The last poster indicated both of us, which I accepted.
You however deflected blame again.
No change there

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:41 - Feb 14 with 678 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:37 - Feb 14 by STID2017

I behave all the time.
That is why I didn't mention you in the last post.
You are renowned for dragging threads off topic and arguing.
It is you who needs to learn to behave and that realising that other views are just as valid.
You are not always ( or even very often ) right.
The last poster indicated both of us, which I accepted.
You however deflected blame again.
No change there

Nope you are notorious for that, I’m just usually your victim, to where you bow out and place all the blame on… a bit like now.

Your games are old and everyone knows them. Even when you were pretending to ignore me you had people telling you the same when you were clearly trying to instigate trouble.

You have done the same every day since you decided to remove me from ignore, to incite issues.

You start it, I always finish it.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:52 - Feb 14 with 674 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:41 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Nope you are notorious for that, I’m just usually your victim, to where you bow out and place all the blame on… a bit like now.

Your games are old and everyone knows them. Even when you were pretending to ignore me you had people telling you the same when you were clearly trying to instigate trouble.

You have done the same every day since you decided to remove me from ignore, to incite issues.

You start it, I always finish it.

You are and never will be anyone's victim.
You are the cause of endless arguments in here and many know it.
That is why more people have you on ignore than any other poster
But you carry on and believe what you will

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:54 - Feb 14 with 671 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:52 - Feb 14 by STID2017

You are and never will be anyone's victim.
You are the cause of endless arguments in here and many know it.
That is why more people have you on ignore than any other poster
But you carry on and believe what you will

Well that’s true because I don’t allow myself to be, target is probably more accurate,

You pro-actively took me off ignore to participate in these exchanges, you are the cause.

No leg to stand on anymore, nobody is convinced.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 10:07 - Feb 14 with 657 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:54 - Feb 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Well that’s true because I don’t allow myself to be, target is probably more accurate,

You pro-actively took me off ignore to participate in these exchanges, you are the cause.

No leg to stand on anymore, nobody is convinced.

By "nobody" you mean yourself
You are the only one who makes such remarks and believes such nonsense.
Carry on

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 10:09 - Feb 14 with 654 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 10:07 - Feb 14 by STID2017

By "nobody" you mean yourself
You are the only one who makes such remarks and believes such nonsense.
Carry on

Nope, nobody.

Everyone knows you actively took me off ignore. You did that to do what you are doing now.

That simple.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024