Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safari Park Rangers vs Lions Match Thread 09:14 - Feb 10 with 28535 viewsMonkey_Roots

Haven’t done one of these in a blah blah…

We’re going to win dagnamit!

2-1

Willock and Paal
Safari Park Rangers vs Lions Match Thread on 20:31 - Feb 11 with 1165 viewsMelakaRanger

Safari Park Rangers vs Lions Match Thread on 17:25 - Feb 11 by joolsyp

After listening to Clive's excellent interview with Les, and taking stock of 1 win in 16 ... it's obvious the problems go waaaaaaay deeper than the manager. Why have we been recruiting players (permanently and on loan) who are just not fit enough for the rigours of Championship football? Why do we have nobody from the Academy or B Team (bar Armstrong and Gubbins on the bench today) who can step up? It's depressing stuff it really is. I just hope we can scrape together the wins/points in the remaining 15 games to stay in this league and we're going to have to sell some of our 'stars' in the summer for relative peanuts to do any kind of rebuilding.

Something very very wrong at the club. Critchley is not the problem but equally he is not the solution.

He has inherited a woeful team that’s far worse than he could ever have imagined.

The clubs culture is of mediocrity and an acceptance of losing. The players have no motivation to perform. The loans are already in a mindset of away from the club and looking forward to next season.

The club from Chairman down to the players is far too nice. Nice wins nothing these days. We need fighters, we need to be ruthless both on and off the pitch. Our current incumbents both on and off the pitch are incapable of being ruthless. Incapable of fighting.

The only solution , in my mind , is a total reset. This will not happen in this league , with this board and certainly not with these players.

A total clear out and 10 year rebuild from a lower league start point may be our only hope of long term survival
Safari Park Rangers vs Lions Match Thread on 23:24 - Feb 11 with 906 views89_50

Mentality seems to be the biggest hurdle here. And it's reaching a point where I'm not sure it's redeemable with this lot.

I appreciate there are a lot of stresses and strains with elite level football, but someone, somewhere needs to get a hold of them. Millwall barely had a clear chance, and walked away with three points with barely a glove laid on them.

I'm not sure whether it's a mental block, a fear of injury, or a lack of professional pride - or in some cases all three.

This team are just so weak.

Dickie is a shadow of what he was. Now, he is terrified of advancing with the ball, and following every minor mistake his head drops. It happened on two noticeable occasions today.

Maybe I'm being unfair (likely), but I wonder if Willock's struggles with injury have had such a toll on him, that any slight pull or tightness is exacerbated. There's no way the medical team would let him on the pitch if they weren't certain he's physically capable of playing. It's becoming so frequent, that I genuinely wonder whether he'll get back to the level we know he can play at.

Laird, I'm convinced, closed his eyes when presented with that fluffed header for Waaaaal's second goal. He may have the potential to be the most exciting defenders in the league, but he's a wet lettuce when it comes to knuckling down and delivering - and I'm a big fan of his.

I really hope this psychologist we've brought in can tease something out of this team, otherwise we need to bin the lot and start again.
Safari Park Rangers vs Lions Match Thread on 00:18 - Feb 12 with 832 viewsHooping_Mad

I picked the wrong day to give up Lysergic acid diethylamide.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Safari Park Rangers vs Lions Match Thread on 11:09 - Feb 12 with 668 viewsQPunkR

Safari Park Rangers vs Lions Match Thread on 23:24 - Feb 11 by 89_50

Mentality seems to be the biggest hurdle here. And it's reaching a point where I'm not sure it's redeemable with this lot.

I appreciate there are a lot of stresses and strains with elite level football, but someone, somewhere needs to get a hold of them. Millwall barely had a clear chance, and walked away with three points with barely a glove laid on them.

I'm not sure whether it's a mental block, a fear of injury, or a lack of professional pride - or in some cases all three.

This team are just so weak.

Dickie is a shadow of what he was. Now, he is terrified of advancing with the ball, and following every minor mistake his head drops. It happened on two noticeable occasions today.

Maybe I'm being unfair (likely), but I wonder if Willock's struggles with injury have had such a toll on him, that any slight pull or tightness is exacerbated. There's no way the medical team would let him on the pitch if they weren't certain he's physically capable of playing. It's becoming so frequent, that I genuinely wonder whether he'll get back to the level we know he can play at.

Laird, I'm convinced, closed his eyes when presented with that fluffed header for Waaaaal's second goal. He may have the potential to be the most exciting defenders in the league, but he's a wet lettuce when it comes to knuckling down and delivering - and I'm a big fan of his.

I really hope this psychologist we've brought in can tease something out of this team, otherwise we need to bin the lot and start again.

You're absolutely spot on, this current shower has zero interest in fighting either for the shirt or their own pride. In short they're an embarrassment
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 11:09]

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024