Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 11:23 - Feb 19 with 17529 viewsNotLoyal

Two managers desperate for something, desperate for wins to ensure they keep their teams in a safer place other than an unsafe place. It could be a better place but probably not because an ‘unbetter’ place isn’t a word. Actually it is.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59659/swansea-city-and-t
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59664/cooper-must-start-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59667/where-does-russell

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling; Matty Sorinola, Joe Allen, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Ollie Cooper, Morgan Whittaker; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andreas Søndergaard, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Liam Walsh, Cameron Congreve.

Stoke City: Matija Sarkic, Morgan Fox, Jacob Brown, Tyrese Campbell, Dwight Gayle, Ben Wilmot, Ki-Jana Hoever, Will Smallbone, Dujon Sterling, Ben Pearson, Josh Laurent (captain).

Substitutes: Jack Bonham, Lewis Baker, Jordan Thompson, Connor Taylor, Nathan Lowe, Kahrel Reddin, Gabriel Adebambo.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:10 - Feb 21 with 1722 viewsjacksfullaces

may well be approaching the end of his tenure, depending on whether the slide continues he may or may not make the Summer. then we start all over again, seems like the gap between lower mid table and upper mid table may make all the difference with fan morale. as to bigger projects and ambitions not sure what they may be but I'll be back next year enjoying or groaning about what's on offer, all part of the fun!!
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:10 - Feb 21 with 1722 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:08 - Feb 21 by raynor94

I can't see how anybody can blame the owners for that debacle tonight.

How many more lives has Martin left?

3 wins in the last 15 or so games, Sunderland vs 10 and Blackpool vs 10. We've only beaten Watford with 11 men since the start of December.
He shouldn't have any lives left.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:11 - Feb 21 with 1697 viewsonehunglow

!

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:11 - Feb 21 with 1695 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59667/where-does-russell

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:11 - Feb 21 with 1693 viewsunion_jack

Well I suppose you could say they are to blame because they didn’t sack him after the game at Blackburn on Saturday. And they’ll be to blame if we lose to Rotherham if Martin is still here. And he will be.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:17 - Feb 21 with 1622 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:40 - Feb 21 by max936

He's got to go now surely 3-1 down now, Martin go back to MKD's, Brighton or Norwich whichever but please just go.

I'm really not sure we got the players here mind, I just don't see it, they're actually getting worse
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 21:42]

we looked like 11 players thrown onto the pitch having never trained or played together before
what happens in training?
this man cannot coach his starting line up all wrong and his "tactical " changes in the game baffled me
How anyone can still support and have belief in him after tonight I cannot understand

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:18 - Feb 21 with 1607 viewsFireboy2

Not solely for tonight but they are to blame for the lack of funding as imo they do not care a jot about swansea city no matter who is in charge.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:23 - Feb 21 with 1548 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:18 - Feb 21 by Fireboy2

Not solely for tonight but they are to blame for the lack of funding as imo they do not care a jot about swansea city no matter who is in charge.

They have funded us more than any other owners in our history.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:24 - Feb 21 with 1548 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:50 - Feb 21 by Fireboy2

He can't be sacked because the yanks are tightwads and don't give a f@ck, I haven't felt this negative about the swans for a long time, the yanks won't sack him or back him, I am very worried about my beloved swans that I am thinking about not watching whilst both manager and owners are at my club, I feel that bad.

are these the same tight wads who gave him 3 million to spunk on Fisher who was to blame for the 3rd goal and Darling who cannot defend and was subbed before half time

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:24 - Feb 21 with 1538 viewsDr_Winston

Certainly seems like that arrogant, obvious and self serving nonsense about us being better than we were 18 months ago has turned quite a few neutrals into opponents. That's the first outright hostile atmosphere that felt like it was directed at him rather than anywhere else.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:27 - Feb 21 with 1519 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:18 - Feb 21 by Fireboy2

But in fairness Martin has been backed, his loans have been a disaster, I wouldn't now trust him with a penny.

We are no further on than we were from the Blackburn game at the beginning of last season, still making the same mistakes.

I'm baffled he was an international defender, because he certainly cant organise a defence

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:28 - Feb 21 with 1511 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:24 - Feb 21 by vetchonian

are these the same tight wads who gave him 3 million to spunk on Fisher who was to blame for the 3rd goal and Darling who cannot defend and was subbed before half time

Fisher cost 400k and Darling 1,5 mill I thought, if they have given that money to me it would have been better spent.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:30 - Feb 21 with 1495 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:23 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

its a valid opinion

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:32 - Feb 21 with 1482 viewsraynor94

I'm not arguing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:37 - Feb 21 with 1421 viewsTreforys_Jack

This, all day long.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:40 - Feb 21 with 1381 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:30 - Feb 21 by Boundy

its a valid opinion

That the owners who have given more than any other owners in our history haven’t put enough money in?

In what sense is that valid?

That’s like calling Usain Bolt slow.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 22:40]

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:42 - Feb 21 with 1345 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:44 - Feb 21 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Calling it now. We are going down.

Can get 100/1 still we are dire though.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:45 - Feb 21 with 1314 viewsTreforys_Jack

1 - 0 up first 2 mins, then 2 mins later we start playing very high risk, very low reward in our own area. This playing style completely baffles me, RM has to be the most arrogant manager we've ever had, not to mention, useless.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:45 - Feb 21 with 1315 viewsshingle

Why do you keep going down the lack of funding route when he has had more funding than many of the other managers in the league.🤔
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:47 - Feb 21 with 1292 viewsswan65split

He says

"We are paying the price for a really poorly managed 20 minutes.

"You have to earn territory and we needed to beat their press better and get in behind them. But there was a lot of anxiety out there and we gave them too much hope and energy by giving away the ball too easily.

"We showed character in the second half but this group will a lot from that. Sometimes with a young team you have go through some painful lessons."

i say we ar wiz poor ......just like his comments
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:48 - Feb 21 with 1286 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:40 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

That the owners who have given more than any other owners in our history haven’t put enough money in?

In what sense is that valid?

That’s like calling Usain Bolt slow.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 22:40]

It's his opinion try respecting it .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:49 - Feb 21 with 1277 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:48 - Feb 21 by Boundy

It's his opinion try respecting it .

But it’s incorrect.

It’s not something that is subjective. I don’t respect lies I’m afraid.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 23:03 - Feb 21 with 1195 viewsjackdee

I reckon we'd have won tonight if Grimes had been sent off after we'd scored

BTIIC

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 23:13 - Feb 21 with 1147 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 23:03 - Feb 21 by jackdee

I reckon we'd have won tonight if Grimes had been sent off after we'd scored

👏👏👏👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 00:10 - Feb 22 with 1037 viewsjackdee

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:23 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

And taken more than any other owners in our history

BTIIC

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024