Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player of the season + young player of the season ? 17:47 - Apr 15 with 2429 viewsRhonnda_Jack

Player of the year :Piroe For another outstanding season when we were out of form

Young player of the year: Oli Cooper first wales cap and a bloody good player in the making .

Most improved :Liam Cullen found his scoring boots.

YJB award: has to go to Jay Fulton for hanging in there and being professional when he could of walked.
Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 18:04 - Apr 15 with 2385 viewsWhiterockin

Fulton player of the season.

Wood young player of the season

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 18:12 - Apr 15 with 2389 viewsKeithHaynes

Player of the season, Grimes.
Young player, Wood.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 18:25 - Apr 15 with 2382 viewsdantheswansman

Player of the season i am torn between Piroe and Manning
Young player is Wood
Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 18:44 - Apr 15 with 2368 viewsjojaca

Player of the year: Manning by a long way, he's been consistent from start to finish.

Young player of the year: Don't think anyone deserves it. Poor year for player development for me.

Even when you know, you never know?

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 19:14 - Apr 15 with 2344 viewsKeithHaynes

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 18:44 - Apr 15 by jojaca

Player of the year: Manning by a long way, he's been consistent from start to finish.

Young player of the year: Don't think anyone deserves it. Poor year for player development for me.

No Nathan Wood or Ollie Cooper ?

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 20:17 - Apr 15 with 2297 viewsjojaca

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 19:14 - Apr 15 by KeithHaynes

No Nathan Wood or Ollie Cooper ?

I don't rate the pair of them. Ollie is just a lightweight runner, but technically poor for this league. Nathan Wood is the new buzz word just because he got called up by England U21, he's had a poor season, always a mistake in him and I've seen countless lazy defending from him. But I do think he can progress, Ollie on the other hand is league 1/2 standard. Bookmark this!.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 20:18]

Even when you know, you never know?

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 21:04 - Apr 15 with 2268 viewsBadlands

How do you class Cooper 'young player'? He's older than Piroe, Lati, Darling and Cabango and has played far fewer minutes!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 21:36 - Apr 15 with 2236 viewsKeithHaynes

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 21:04 - Apr 15 by Badlands

How do you class Cooper 'young player'? He's older than Piroe, Lati, Darling and Cabango and has played far fewer minutes!

Because a young player is classed as any player 23 and under in a full break through season.

What’s you point ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Login to get fewer ads

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 22:17 - Apr 15 with 2182 viewsNotLoyal

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 21:04 - Apr 15 by Badlands

Give up you whoppa.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 22:19 - Apr 15 with 2178 viewsDr_Winston

Player of the season? Probably Piroe or Fulton, which is a minor miracle considering one has been played out of position for most of the season and the other was being battered towards the exit door by management.

Young player? Again probably Piroe.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 00:37 - Apr 16 with 2121 viewsBadlands

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 21:36 - Apr 15 by KeithHaynes

Because a young player is classed as any player 23 and under in a full break through season.

What’s you point ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

The point is the OP suggested Piroe as player of the year and Cooper young player of the year even though he's older than the player of the year.
I was wondering why Piroe couldn’t be both?
Your point about it being a breakthrough season explains it. Thanks

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 00:39 - Apr 16 with 2120 viewsBadlands

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 22:17 - Apr 15 by NotLoyal

Give up you whoppa.

More abuse!
Why would expect anything else?
You must be gutted we won today.

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 01:34 - Apr 16 with 2110 viewsDJack

Jesus H Christ, people putting forward Wood!

He's only played Ok for the last two or three games and the Under 21 England cap has turned peoples brains to mush. Most of the season he has been gash, absolute gash!

Hang your heads in shame. He may turn out to be a great player but this season...Oh, my!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 07:25 - Apr 16 with 2050 viewsWhiterockin

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 01:34 - Apr 16 by DJack

Jesus H Christ, people putting forward Wood!

He's only played Ok for the last two or three games and the Under 21 England cap has turned peoples brains to mush. Most of the season he has been gash, absolute gash!

Hang your heads in shame. He may turn out to be a great player but this season...Oh, my!

All about opinions which everyone is entitled. Wood got called up for the England u21s prior to the last 2 or 3 games so he must of been doing something right. Possibly some can see something others can't.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 08:19 - Apr 16 with 2015 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Perhaps we could have a poll on it.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 08:27 - Apr 16 with 2007 viewsSullutaCreturned

Young player is under 23? Doesn't seem right to me that. Young player should be under 21 surely.
It's only Coopers break through season with us, he was a first team regular out on loan, wasn't he? 33 appearances for Newport.

POY Manning, YP is difficult. I don' see that Wood has been that great. I'd give it to Piroe but it being his second season he doesn't qualify.

I think Manning has been the most consistent performer all through, Piroe has done well the last few months but his cupboard was quite bare before Christmas.
The crowd made it quite clear yesterday, we want Manning to stay. Is the cost of replacing him going to be higher than giving him what he wants? Or maybe Manning will come back to the table and they can meet in the middle somewhere. We obviously can't give him all that he asks for.
Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 09:19 - Apr 16 with 1980 viewsRichardO

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 08:27 - Apr 16 by SullutaCreturned

Young player is under 23? Doesn't seem right to me that. Young player should be under 21 surely.
It's only Coopers break through season with us, he was a first team regular out on loan, wasn't he? 33 appearances for Newport.

POY Manning, YP is difficult. I don' see that Wood has been that great. I'd give it to Piroe but it being his second season he doesn't qualify.

I think Manning has been the most consistent performer all through, Piroe has done well the last few months but his cupboard was quite bare before Christmas.
The crowd made it quite clear yesterday, we want Manning to stay. Is the cost of replacing him going to be higher than giving him what he wants? Or maybe Manning will come back to the table and they can meet in the middle somewhere. We obviously can't give him all that he asks for.

To allow Manning to do what he does you need a lot of covering of his defensive duties otherwise we are left short at the back which is one of the reasons why we had to go to a back four.
Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 09:35 - Apr 16 with 1971 viewsRichardO

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 07:25 - Apr 16 by Whiterockin

All about opinions which everyone is entitled. Wood got called up for the England u21s prior to the last 2 or 3 games so he must of been doing something right. Possibly some can see something others can't.

He did well on the righthand side earlier in the season with Darling playing in the centre especially as part of a back four but that working formation was ripped up, now back to the four at the back with the same players Wood, Darling, Cabango and Manning.(I know Lati started but I was happier with Darling on)
Wood, Darling, Cabango have all played in the unaccustomed left Centre back position, Wood given time to settle in the position is looking a lot more comfortable there.
Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 09:53 - Apr 16 with 1962 viewsRichardO

Hard to pick out the best players as the season has had a lot of ups and more downs.
Player of the year Piroe for doing what he does even with some of the poor service he has had and where he has been asked to play.
Young play of the year Ollie Cooper, thought we would miss Ntcham yesterday when he went off and although he has seemly dropped down the pecking order Cooper stepped up again making chances in the opposition box while his work rate ensured no drop in the teams performance.

As for the YJB award it could go to Fulton, Grimes, Manning or Cabango who have been forced to play on the backfoot and not surprisingly with a better setup look a lot better and happier while still giving their all.
Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 17:31 - Apr 16 with 1869 viewsDJack

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 07:25 - Apr 16 by Whiterockin

That's as may be but puting his name up for young player of the season is madness.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 20:34 - Apr 17 with 1722 viewsSullutaCreturned

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 09:19 - Apr 16 by RichardO

To allow Manning to do what he does you need a lot of covering of his defensive duties otherwise we are left short at the back which is one of the reasons why we had to go to a back four.

Any decent full back gets forward when they can. As long as I can remember the full backs were expected to push up into attacking positions, to get crosses in and chip in with a few goals if lucky.

I'm watching Liverpool right now and both their full backs are expected to get forward and do so very effectively.

When we play with wing backs they are often so high up the pitch they cant get back to defend which is one of the problems Martin hadn't sorted out.
Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 20:50 - Apr 17 with 1708 viewsRichardO

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 20:34 - Apr 17 by SullutaCreturned

Any decent full back gets forward when they can. As long as I can remember the full backs were expected to push up into attacking positions, to get crosses in and chip in with a few goals if lucky.

I'm watching Liverpool right now and both their full backs are expected to get forward and do so very effectively.

When we play with wing backs they are often so high up the pitch they cant get back to defend which is one of the problems Martin hadn't sorted out.

Totally agree which is why I preferred Manning as a full back in a back four compared to as part of a back three pushing forward without any thought to whether he needed to cover his other two back three colleagues.
One game we were in front in the game, Cooper covered Mannings forward runs, Cooper had to remind Manning he was a full back and not a centre forward he seemed so reluctant to get back to make sure we were defensively solid and not let the opposition back in the game. First duty as a full back is to ensure defensive solidity wouldn't see Liverpools full backs bombing forward so often against better teams.
As for wingbacks they were asked to do much in their role and left flaging by the end of the games.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 20:56]
Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 08:47 - Apr 18 with 1632 viewsonehunglow

Piroe ,without whom we would be sunk .

Cooper for being a breath of fresh air

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Player of the season + young player of the season ? on 15:57 - Apr 18 with 1582 viewsshandyjack

Player - Grimes
Young player - Piroe

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024