Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Wilkes Leaves Northwich 18:14 - Apr 21 with 2918 viewsThacks_Rabbits

No idea if we have looked at him but he has just left there after 6 years.

Will be cheap, knows the lower leagues and local.

Before anyone states the numerous reasons we should not go for him, I’m not saying we should!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Steve Wilkes Leaves Northwich on 11:19 - Apr 22 with 2566 viewsChris1803

For me, a knowledge of the wider non-league scene across the north of England would be a huge bonus for whoever were to get the job, as well as someone with actual experience of managing in non league. I'll admit I've minimal knowledge of the job Steve Wilkes has done, aside for steadying the ship at the Vics over the last few years.

There are options out there currently out of work, who've top end non league and EFL experience such as Micky Mellon, Darrell Clarke, Darryl McMahon or Jamie Vermiglio.

I've said on another thread my first choice would be a long shot, but Phil Parkinson at Altrincham has done a fantastic job there over the last few years - two promotions and a steady job at turning Alty into a stable mid-table National League club.

Jamie Milligan at Bamber Bridge has also done a good job there over the last 3 years or so, taking them from lower mid-table to playoff challengers. They're on course to finish 3rd and head into the Northern Premier League playoffs this coming week.

I'd also mention young (28/29 years old) Callum McIntyre at Chester who's done a cracking job with them this season, having previously been a youth coach at Chester, and manager at Runcorn Linnets. Nicky Spooner at Hyde is also worth a mention too for the job he's done there this season - again plenty of experience in youth coaching at Bolton and Halifax before joining Hyde.

All in all, whether it's someone that's an ex EFL manager out of work, or giving a manager from the leagues below an opportunity to take us forward, I'd just like to see us use this relegation as a chance to hit the reset button and a fresh start.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 11:22]
Steve Wilkes Leaves Northwich on 18:54 - Apr 28 with 2036 viewsBrierls

Steve Wilkes Leaves Northwich on 11:19 - Apr 22 by Chris1803

For me, a knowledge of the wider non-league scene across the north of England would be a huge bonus for whoever were to get the job, as well as someone with actual experience of managing in non league. I'll admit I've minimal knowledge of the job Steve Wilkes has done, aside for steadying the ship at the Vics over the last few years.

There are options out there currently out of work, who've top end non league and EFL experience such as Micky Mellon, Darrell Clarke, Darryl McMahon or Jamie Vermiglio.

I've said on another thread my first choice would be a long shot, but Phil Parkinson at Altrincham has done a fantastic job there over the last few years - two promotions and a steady job at turning Alty into a stable mid-table National League club.

Jamie Milligan at Bamber Bridge has also done a good job there over the last 3 years or so, taking them from lower mid-table to playoff challengers. They're on course to finish 3rd and head into the Northern Premier League playoffs this coming week.

I'd also mention young (28/29 years old) Callum McIntyre at Chester who's done a cracking job with them this season, having previously been a youth coach at Chester, and manager at Runcorn Linnets. Nicky Spooner at Hyde is also worth a mention too for the job he's done there this season - again plenty of experience in youth coaching at Bolton and Halifax before joining Hyde.

All in all, whether it's someone that's an ex EFL manager out of work, or giving a manager from the leagues below an opportunity to take us forward, I'd just like to see us use this relegation as a chance to hit the reset button and a fresh start.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 11:22]

Phil Parkinson would be my first choice but I fear its not realistic. He turned down the Notts County job in the summer.
Steve Wilkes Leaves Northwich on 22:09 - Apr 28 with 1824 viewsseasidedale

Steve Wilkes Leaves Northwich on 18:54 - Apr 28 by Brierls

Phil Parkinson would be my first choice but I fear its not realistic. He turned down the Notts County job in the summer.

We need someone who knows non league and league football, Micky Mellon fits this and is available
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024