Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill on Radio Bolton 10:33 - Apr 23 with 4190 viewskel

Hill on Radio Bolton on 11:12 - Apr 23 with 4003 viewsDalenet

I can't find the full interview but he has a point. People with experience should have been engaged to help. I do wonder whether he applied for the job and was overlooked in favour of Bentley, and so there is some bitterness there, but he did help build the club to what it was in League One and he will also feel the pain of the decline.

I do hope that Andrew Kilpatrick is choking on his cornflakes this morning. His dad would never forgive him.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 12:22]
Hill on Radio Bolton on 12:15 - Apr 23 with 3799 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hill on Radio Bolton on 11:12 - Apr 23 by Dalenet

I can't find the full interview but he has a point. People with experience should have been engaged to help. I do wonder whether he applied for the job and was overlooked in favour of Bentley, and so there is some bitterness there, but he did help build the club to what it was in League One and he will also feel the pain of the decline.

I do hope that Andrew Kilpatrick is choking on his cornflakes this morning. His dad would never forgive him.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 12:22]

Hill prepared Scunthorpe so well for the drop that they will start next season in National League North.

I don't see his name mentioned with any other club in football now, or any any shortlist or betting site when a vacancy comes up, which tells you all you need to know about what current "football people" think about him.

No denying he was immense for Rochdale and if Bottomley hadn't have sacked him and Beech to install his mate BBM then maybe it would have been very different, but there is no turning the clock back.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hill on Radio Bolton on 12:41 - Apr 23 with 3689 views49thseason

I wouldn't attatch too much blame for the Scunthorpe debacle on Hill, Their owner has been juggling bags of imaginary money twix the club and his businesses for ages. I understand he has now more or less abandoned the club to its fate. And therein lies a warning to every small community club with ideas it can't afford from its own resources.
Hill on Radio Bolton on 15:17 - Apr 23 with 3243 viewsBrierls

That McNulty interview on Radio Manchester is the best I’ve heard. He’s probably said more about the club direction in one interview than the club has released. I expect the publishing of the ‘report’ is imminent.
Hill on Radio Bolton on 19:02 - Apr 23 with 2882 viewsirishdale2022

Hill on Radio Bolton on 12:15 - Apr 23 by RAFCBLUE

Hill prepared Scunthorpe so well for the drop that they will start next season in National League North.

I don't see his name mentioned with any other club in football now, or any any shortlist or betting site when a vacancy comes up, which tells you all you need to know about what current "football people" think about him.

No denying he was immense for Rochdale and if Bottomley hadn't have sacked him and Beech to install his mate BBM then maybe it would have been very different, but there is no turning the clock back.

There’s no question the Bentley appointment is the worst this club has made, Hill’s motives are unknown, it may be in support of McNulty or it may be selfish in favour of imself. There’s no denying he was very successful at the Dale but anywhere else he has been has been entirely a disappointment.
Hill on Radio Bolton on 19:28 - Apr 23 with 2816 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hill on Radio Bolton on 15:17 - Apr 23 by Brierls

That McNulty interview on Radio Manchester is the best I’ve heard. He’s probably said more about the club direction in one interview than the club has released. I expect the publishing of the ‘report’ is imminent.

For anyone who hasn't heard that interview it's just over 10 minutes and available on BBC Sounds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fj7hhg

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hill on Radio Bolton on 19:28 - Apr 23 with 2813 viewsNigelWatson

Hill on Radio Bolton on 19:02 - Apr 23 by irishdale2022

There’s no question the Bentley appointment is the worst this club has made, Hill’s motives are unknown, it may be in support of McNulty or it may be selfish in favour of imself. There’s no denying he was very successful at the Dale but anywhere else he has been has been entirely a disappointment.

And there's no denying that Jim Bentley's record as a manager was terrible at the time he was hired by RAFC - in short, a seriously baffling decision.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024