Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? 15:55 - Apr 27 with 1490 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60138/the-coming-togethe

Under no flag, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 17:42 - Apr 27 with 1371 viewsSullutaCreturned

Given what was posted about the wage structure and that the cap is almost reached what investment can we hope for?

When Manning goes and we sell Piroe we'll have their wages (about 25K is it?) and somehwere between 5-7 million in Piroe's fee (unless he just sees his contract out) and for that money we will struggle to replace those two alone never mind bring in the other 3-4 players we need.

In which case the owners either need to step up and take a measured gamble OR be honest that a promotion push is probably out of the question as they won't spend their money.

I think it's as simple as that. I think the evidence for that has been seen quite clearly in the last 3 years. I also think the evidence suggests we won't see anything but bargain basement signings and another 12 mnths of "the process" unless Martin walks away.

Then it comes down to what the fans rally want, do we want to gamble and spend money or are we happy to be a mid table team, Swans on the surface but under the waterline, paddling for our lives?
The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 18:53 - Apr 27 with 1293 viewsWhiterockin

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 17:42 - Apr 27 by SullutaCreturned

Given what was posted about the wage structure and that the cap is almost reached what investment can we hope for?

When Manning goes and we sell Piroe we'll have their wages (about 25K is it?) and somehwere between 5-7 million in Piroe's fee (unless he just sees his contract out) and for that money we will struggle to replace those two alone never mind bring in the other 3-4 players we need.

In which case the owners either need to step up and take a measured gamble OR be honest that a promotion push is probably out of the question as they won't spend their money.

I think it's as simple as that. I think the evidence for that has been seen quite clearly in the last 3 years. I also think the evidence suggests we won't see anything but bargain basement signings and another 12 mnths of "the process" unless Martin walks away.

Then it comes down to what the fans rally want, do we want to gamble and spend money or are we happy to be a mid table team, Swans on the surface but under the waterline, paddling for our lives?

We will also be saving the wages of Sorinola, not so much and Naughton, quite a bit more.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 19:01 - Apr 27 with 1264 viewsDr_Parnassus

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 17:42 - Apr 27 by SullutaCreturned

Wage budgets are transient, depending on what you have available to the club over a set amount of years, it’s not a rigid salary cap. The club just has to be healthy.

Manning was offered a contract to put him among, if not THE, highest earner at the club and he didn’t want to sign.

Currently our wage structure puts us firmly in the top half of the table and the players we have at our disposal puts us up against the top 6.

With more investment coming in which was done through excellent relationship building via the majority owners, it gives us more wiggle room. That doesn’t mean recklessly offering Manning 25k-30k a week, but gives us more flexibility and options.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 19:08 - Apr 27 with 1264 viewsSullutaCreturned

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 19:01 - Apr 27 by Dr_Parnassus

Wage budgets are transient, depending on what you have available to the club over a set amount of years, it’s not a rigid salary cap. The club just has to be healthy.

Manning was offered a contract to put him among, if not THE, highest earner at the club and he didn’t want to sign.

Currently our wage structure puts us firmly in the top half of the table and the players we have at our disposal puts us up against the top 6.

With more investment coming in which was done through excellent relationship building via the majority owners, it gives us more wiggle room. That doesn’t mean recklessly offering Manning 25k-30k a week, but gives us more flexibility and options.

The wage budget depends on income. The wage cap is apparently at around One Million per month which doesn't leave much for transfers unless we sell.

What we have seen from the owners doesn't indicate a top 6 club in budget terms.
The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 19:11 - Apr 27 with 1247 viewsKeithHaynes

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 19:01 - Apr 27 by Dr_Parnassus

This seasons player salary is capped at £250k a month, it has some flexibility when a player leaves like Obafemi, which didn’t impact in January but may well do in June / July. So, an individual player salary cap as you say isn’t in place, otherwise Ntcham wouldn’t be on what he is.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 19:36 - Apr 27 with 1225 viewsmagicdaps10

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 19:11 - Apr 27 by KeithHaynes

This seasons player salary is capped at £250k a month, it has some flexibility when a player leaves like Obafemi, which didn’t impact in January but may well do in June / July. So, an individual player salary cap as you say isn’t in place, otherwise Ntcham wouldn’t be on what he is.

A cap of no more than 10k a week was brought in last summer, not sure if that is going to change once these guys investing do so.
It doesn't seem that the landscape will change massively but I would expect that cap to go up a little bit....enough to cover Manning demands? I would be suprised if that was the case.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 19:38 - Apr 27 with 1215 viewsKeithHaynes

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 19:36 - Apr 27 by magicdaps10

A cap of no more than 10k a week was brought in last summer, not sure if that is going to change once these guys investing do so.
It doesn't seem that the landscape will change massively but I would expect that cap to go up a little bit....enough to cover Manning demands? I would be suprised if that was the case.

Joe is on a bit more than that.
And Joel Piroe and Manning would be as well if they signed their contracts.

But 250k a month for playing staff is the magic figure, regardless of caps on salaries.

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 19:46 - Apr 27 with 1204 viewsmagicdaps10

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 19:38 - Apr 27 by KeithHaynes

Joe is on a bit more than that.
And Joel Piroe and Manning would be as well if they signed their contracts.

But 250k a month for playing staff is the magic figure, regardless of caps on salaries.

Wait for the peddling of Morris and his Welsh family, there will be a bit of playing on this one for sure.

There will be a big smile if/when the area of his heritage in Wales comes out 😂

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 20:58 - Apr 27 with 1125 viewsFireboy2

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 19:46 - Apr 27 by magicdaps10

Wait for the peddling of Morris and his Welsh family, there will be a bit of playing on this one for sure.

He has stated in that article that donkonky put up that he's happy that he's half Welsh.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 20:59]
The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 21:02 - Apr 27 with 1098 viewsKeithHaynes

Personally it’s a great investment for many to look forward to.
Ten million is a decent amount, but it’s not promotion breaking.

It just isn’t.

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 00:05 - Apr 28 with 994 viewsReslovenSwan1

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 21:02 - Apr 27 by KeithHaynes

Personally it’s a great investment for many to look forward to.
Ten million is a decent amount, but it’s not promotion breaking.

It just isn’t.

You are making a mistake to make a direct link to cash quality and promotion. This was the Risdale formula where, where you finished in the league directly correlated to your financial input.

This formula quite often does not match up especially like Swansea teams have a strong philosophy and good managers.

In my opinion if recruitment is sound £10m can make Swansea a Championship force if built onto an ever improving young team.

Transfer fees have dropped as a result of Covid quite sharply but wages remain too high. Ntcham is a quality player no one would pay a fee for but wanted big wages. Swansea were able to get him as a rebuild player who had lost his way. What a lovely goal v Norwich.

if Swansea an sign the like of Ogbene, Key, Drameh?, Cannon and get Archer on loan they will be a major force providing Martin keeps on his current path. The club could remove Patterson, Whittaker, Naughton, Joseph, Brandon Cooper, Manning even Cullen if they were brutal to reduce wages.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 06:49 - Apr 28 with 945 viewsDr_Winston

We would already be serious promotion contenders if not for Russy's lost half year. We can only hope lessons have finally been learned from that.

Otherwise it comes down to recruitment again. We might struggle to replace Piroe but it won't be because of the amount of cash, but the quality of scouting. Piroe and Manning cost us a combined £1.5m in the first place, an amount which should be well within this Summer's budget should one or both leave.

Good players are always out there for bargain prices. You just have to be smart and dedicated enough to find them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 09:00 - Apr 28 with 895 viewsvetchonian

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 20:58 - Apr 27 by Fireboy2

He has stated in that article that donkonky put up that he's happy that he's half Welsh.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 20:59]

I think daps is hinting Morris' family originate from Benny territory

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 09:15 - Apr 28 with 889 viewsjohnlangy

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 19:46 - Apr 27 by magicdaps10

I've seen references to the Morris family a good few times but haven't seen the article. Can anyone point me in that direction please ?
The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 09:16 - Apr 28 with 877 viewsjohnlangy

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 09:15 - Apr 28 by johnlangy

I've seen references to the Morris family a good few times but haven't seen the article. Can anyone point me in that direction please ?

I've just seen the bloomberg article. Is that it or is there another one as well ?
The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 09:31 - Apr 28 with 859 viewsRhonnda_Jack

The coming together of the coming together at Swansea City ? on 06:49 - Apr 28 by Dr_Winston

We would already be serious promotion contenders if not for Russy's lost half year. We can only hope lessons have finally been learned from that.

Otherwise it comes down to recruitment again. We might struggle to replace Piroe but it won't be because of the amount of cash, but the quality of scouting. Piroe and Manning cost us a combined £1.5m in the first place, an amount which should be well within this Summer's budget should one or both leave.

Good players are always out there for bargain prices. You just have to be smart and dedicated enough to find them.

I tjahht we would struggle to replace Ayew then Joel stepped up to the plate. Any young football player know the Swans are a good stepping stone to the big time. Look at Liam Cullen last year struggling for game time in L1, this year being linked to Celtic. I know Celtic are not massive but still a champions league side and his wages will be quadrupled. We have Iwan Morgan coming through to replace him. We also have Mr Bony JR coming through.
We don't need to panic youth will always overcome experience in the end mate.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024