Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your first game 17:31 - May 19 with 4689 viewsRangersDave

Just out of interest, a little survey to pass the coming weeks....

1) what was your first home game (irrespective of location (white city etc)

2) What was your first away game?

3) First cup game?

4) first game you felt uneasy due to the oppo crowd?

5) Name a game you got in free?

6) Best game (home) youve attended?

7) Best away game you've attended?

8) Worst away game you've attended?

9) Highest attendance you've attended for a non cup final?

10) Best Goal, (home or visitors) seen at a Rangers ground?

11) Best goal youve seen at an away match?

Should keep us chatting and aruing for a while 🤔😉👍

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Your first game on 14:37 - May 20 with 864 viewsstowmarketrange

1) October 1970, but I don’t remember the opposition.

2)West Ham 1976.

3)It would’ve been one of the cup games in 1970-71,but again I can’t remember who it was against.

4)Stood in the chicken run at that West Ham game in 76,especially after shouting out about sending off Frank Lampard after he’d clattered into Dave Thomas in about the 2nd minute.I spent the rest of the game trying to hide from hammers fans.

5)The Chelshite friendly in 2001 as my daughter was mascot and all got free tickets.The one and only time my Mrs has come to a game with me.

6)Any win against the scum,especially the 6-0 or the 1-0 in October 2011.It was so unexpected after all the years of crap we had before and afterwards.

7)Anfield in 1986 was brilliant,and also Middlesbrough 2 seasons ago wasn’t bad.I’ve seen so few away wins over the last 47 years that each one is special still.

8)The Blackpool 6-1 game was pretty dire because I honestly thought we’d get relegated after watching us concede 6 goals to one of only a couple of worse sides than us in the championship.

9)If it’s not qpr related,then over 100k for a Barcelona home game a few years ago.

10)We’ve been spoilt over the years with great goals by Akos and Adel,but it’s a close thing between Wilkin’s diving header or a Falco volley against the scum when we beat them 4-2.

11)Seny’s at Sunderland in August because we were dead and buried until the 87th minute.What a night was had in Newcastle after that goal.
Your first game on 15:16 - May 20 with 815 viewsYorkshirehoop

1. Aston villa 92/93
2. Wolves 96/97
3. Swindon 96/97
4 Portsmouth 96/97 when the game had to stop
5 Wolves away in 1999/2000 when we were 3 down after half hour
6 Palace 6 nil
7 man city at the old Maine road when we won 3 1 on the midweek
8 Hull recently when we lost 3 nil followed closely by the 5 nil loss at Wimbledon when Gareth Ainsworth tore us apart on the right wing.
9 Cardiff playoff final
10 Trevor Sinclair v Barnsley
11 Daniele Dichio 30 yard volley at wolves in first ever away game.
Your first game on 15:29 - May 20 with 799 viewsdenhamhoop2

1) Leeds 0-1 1974 Mick Jones ? 2) Chelscum 79 3-1 Shanks OG Goddard Roeder and Busby 3) FA Cup 1980 Watford 1-2 Home loss Big Bob scored 4) 1979 Birmingham home 5) Sadly never happened 6) Probably the 5 5 v Newcastle I left at 5 3 so choked when I got home to find we had drawn 7) Man City the Aguero game with all that happened that day 8) City 6 0 loss and relegation and bringing that c*** Wright Phillips on 9) Must be Man United away last time in Premier League 10) Dreadster Trevor Sinclair overhead kick v Barnsley 11)Royston Wegerle at Elland Road though both Wild Things at Rushden are in with a chance
Your first game on 15:55 - May 20 with 771 viewsMetallica_Hoop

1) what was your first home game (irrespective of location (white city etc) Qpr 5 Newcastle 5

2) What was your first away game? The first I remember was Wycombe in L1

3) First cup game? QPR V's either Millwall or Chelsea League cup 94/5 I can't remember which was first.

4) first game you felt uneasy due to the oppo crowd? Bristol City 2003?

5) Name a game you got in free? Palace V's QPR when we won to more or less stay up.

6) Best game (home) youve attended? Oldham Semi

7) Best away game you've attended? Hillsborough

8) Worst away game you've attended? West Ham in the Prem. I left at half time and apparently we were worse second half.

9) Highest attendance you've attended for a non cup final? Sunderland away.

10) Best Goal, (home or visitors) seen at a Rangers ground? Tarby V's Swansea

11) Best goal youve seen at an away match? I can't remember.
[Post edited 20 May 2023 15:57]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Your first game on 18:20 - May 20 with 728 viewsqpr_1968

Your first game on 12:39 - May 20 by FG_R

Great thread this. I was up late last night trawling through old programs and reminiscing about many people who are no longer with us.

1) At White City 1962-63 season. Can’t remember the opposition but can only recall it because we arrived at half-time and my Dad paid half-price (2 shillings) and my brother and I (7 and 5 years old respectively got in for nothing). Can remember my Dad getting quite annoyed at the guy on the first turnstile wanting to charge us full price.

2) Luton away with Mum and Dad when Rodney Marsh was playing but can’t remember the date. On my own, Leicester, First Division, 1974-75 season.

3) Leicester at home league cup, fourth round, 25 October 1966. We won 4-2 and as we were coming out I heard one of the adult supporters saying ‘same score as the World Cup final’. I remember thinking, as an 8 year old, ‘even I knew that’!

4) Stoke away 20 March 1976. Truly horrible incident after the match at Stoke station waiting for the supporters club train back home. About 100-200 of us Rangers fans were crowded into a small dark holding area with an entrance from the street and a locked exit onto the station platform. A load of Stoke supporters then arrived at the street entrance and mayhem ensued. Hard to believe this - but at least one and maybe as many as three mounted police rode into this tiny, dark holding area to break up the trouble. Doubt that anyone who was there will ever forget it.

5) See (1) above.

6) Versus Newcastle December 1973. Newcastle got a very late equaliser to 2-2. Then in what seemed like the last minute Stan Bowles scored a beautiful winner for 3-2. I was standing just to the right of the goal at the School End, right in line with the trajectory of the ball and I knew it was going in the instant it left Stan’s foot. Nothing better than a last minute winner.

7) Promotion game at Sheffield Wednesday May 8th 2004. Could only get tickets in the stands amongst the Wednesday supporters so we were sitting on our hands most of the game.

8) Versus Norwich in the 75-76 season lost 2-3 and everyone on the coach back to London knew we’d blown our chances for the league title. However, the very worst game I have ever attended was the 0-4 league cup home defeat to Newcastle October 8th 1974.

9) I’ve probably been in bigger crowds but the biggest crush I’ve been in was home to Man Utd, in October 1968. Looked this up just now, and over 31,000 were squeezed into Loftus Road. I remember my Mum, who rarely came to games, being quite distressed by the crush.

10) Gerry Francis goal v Liverpool at the beginning of the 1975-76 season. Glorious sunny day and I was again standing at the School End where the goal was scored. Actually, the goal looks even better on video than it did at the game.

11) Furlong’s goal to put us 2-0 up at Sheffield Wednesday (see 7 above). Not so much the goal but the fact that we knew we were getting promoted when it went in. I may be cheating, but Rodney’s goal to put us at 2-2 in the League Cup final at Wembley - with a skilful run and a shot from outside the area - struck me (as an eight year old at Wembley) as being particularly good.

the stoke game you mentioned in march 1976, we had a carbon copy incident, same year/season but a month before at sheffield united.
around 100 of us were pinned up against garage doors defending an on slaught of what seemed like hundreds and hundreds of sheffield thugs, two ob on horse back calmed the situation.....this was after the game going back to the station as well.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024