Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ruben 22:31 - May 19 with 6557 viewssaintwizzler

Another good man hounded out by the fans.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ruben on 23:01 - May 19 with 4724 viewshedgeend61

Finally some good news, every cloud
Ruben on 23:43 - May 19 with 4683 views1885_SFC

Bye bye Ruben

Old School is Cool

Ruben on 06:13 - May 20 with 4616 viewsTripleNiemi

Ruben on 23:43 - May 19 by 1885_SFC

Bye bye Ruben

Taxi…….

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ruben on 07:13 - May 20 with 4569 viewsPatfromPoole

He will be in demand.

Every club needs somebody to fix the macros in their spreadsheets.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Ruben on 07:50 - May 20 with 4545 viewsBerber

I wish him well at his new club. he was certainly better than the Welsh Buffoon, but hasn’t really shown the ability to activate the squad.
Ruben on 09:54 - May 20 with 4448 viewsRon11

Ruben on 07:50 - May 20 by Berber

I wish him well at his new club. he was certainly better than the Welsh Buffoon, but hasn’t really shown the ability to activate the squad.

I've come to the conclusion that he was the problem all along.
I can recall seeing him on many occasions getting in Hassenhutl's ear on the touchline in an agitated way and either being ignored which (as the results were going down the pan even then) seemed to be a bit of strange behaviour on Hassenhutl's part if the guy was trying to help, but in reality he may just have been a fu cking nuisance which also caused the demise of the high press to the sideways drivel we've had to put up with the last 18 months or so of Hassenhutls reign, and also of course the scattergun substitution/bizarre starting line ups approach.
Like many of us I was disappointed by the appointment of Nathan Jones, but at least he tried to change all that crap and pushed Selles back but the mindset was to well dug in.
And Selles' arrogance is highlighted by his comment that he'll only stay if he's the manager.
I bet old Ralph is having a laugh at that.
Ruben on 10:36 - May 20 with 4401 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ruben on 09:54 - May 20 by Ron11

I can recall seeing him on many occasions getting in Hassenhutl's ear on the touchline in an agitated way and either being ignored which (as the results were going down the pan even then) seemed to be a bit of strange behaviour on Hassenhutl's part if the guy was trying to help, but in reality he may just have been a fu cking nuisance which also caused the demise of the high press to the sideways drivel we've had to put up with the last 18 months or so of Hassenhutls reign, and also of course the scattergun substitution/bizarre starting line ups approach.
Like many of us I was disappointed by the appointment of Nathan Jones, but at least he tried to change all that crap and pushed Selles back but the mindset was to well dug in.
And Selles' arrogance is highlighted by his comment that he'll only stay if he's the manager.

Ralph played the exciting attacking pressing football that we all enjoyed (even with a zero net spend, that hindered progress). It wasn't always great, but at times it was. We had just beaten Brentford 4 1 and West Ham in the cup. It all went to pot when SR came in and then we went on a losing run. They brought in coaches and inexperienced young players, and their stupid theories and ideas. Now we are seeing the post Ralph era of terrible football, boring inept managers and relegation to the wilderness.
[Post edited 20 May 2023 10:38]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Ruben on 10:41 - May 20 with 4394 viewsJellybaby

Ruben on 09:54 - May 20 by Ron11

I agree, Jones would have done better and Ralph would have done even better.

The pitiful capitulation of SFC would not have happened to the same degree under the other two including the Grimsby embarrassment - absolutely disgraceful appointment by the board.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Login to get fewer ads

Ruben on 10:49 - May 20 with 4390 viewsIfonly

At his press conference he was asked who should win manager of the year. He said: "I think the number one and the one that wins the Premier League is the best manager."

So, according to him, the best manager in the league is the one who ends up top. So, logically, the second best is the one who comes second and so on. That means the one who finishes last is the worst manager.

Ruben has confirmed it himself, he is the worst manager in the Premier League. So, expecting to be retained as manager confirms the level of delusion and arrogance that was obvious from his coaching style.
Ruben on 16:39 - May 20 with 4212 viewsCity_boy

He wasn't hounded out, he was simply found wanting and not up to the job. I am sure he was a nice bloke and had good intentions but was just not good enough at this level.

Some of his decisions were bizarre at best and incompetent at worst.

He was very lucky to even be given a crack at managing a premiership club, with his CV, and he failed.
Ruben on 19:11 - May 20 with 4109 viewsmushinexile

Hear,hear
Ruben on 19:48 - May 20 with 4065 viewsUlsterBaz

Comes across as a decent bloke (although the turtle necks are very early 90s), but hasn’t done anything to suggest he should be kept on.
Ruben on 20:10 - May 20 with 4045 viewsgrumpy

He has only won 2 out of 15 games and with it our place in the Premiership.
Ruben on 20:59 - May 20 with 4004 viewswashington_saint

Ruben on 20:10 - May 20 by grumpy

He has only won 2 out of 15 games and with it our place in the Premiership.

I feel sorry for Selles - seems like a decent guy and could well have a decent career as a manager, just not at Saints.

No-one - and I mean no-one - could get a tune out of the misfits we have collected. 3 managers this season have failed: at what point do people really have to look at the w*****s on the pitch?

Selles has been too negative (no-one could disagree with that) but with dodgy keepers and back 4s some of that is understandable. That being said, trying to win games should be the priority, not trying not to lose
Ruben on 21:24 - May 20 with 3982 viewsgrumpy

Ruben on 20:59 - May 20 by washington_saint

I feel sorry for Selles - seems like a decent guy and could well have a decent career as a manager, just not at Saints.

No-one - and I mean no-one - could get a tune out of the misfits we have collected. 3 managers this season have failed: at what point do people really have to look at the w*****s on the pitch?

Selles has been too negative (no-one could disagree with that) but with dodgy keepers and back 4s some of that is understandable. That being said, trying to win games should be the priority, not trying not to lose

I don't feel sorry for Selles.
What makes you think he 'could well have a decent career as a manager'?
Could they have become 'misfits' because they had no idea what they were supposed to do,playing musical chairs with players doesn't help.
Not to mention crazy subs.
[Post edited 20 May 2023 21:25]
Ruben on 01:17 - May 21 with 3894 viewswashington_saint

Ruben on 21:24 - May 20 by grumpy

I don't feel sorry for Selles.
What makes you think he 'could well have a decent career as a manager'?
Could they have become 'misfits' because they had no idea what they were supposed to do,playing musical chairs with players doesn't help.
Not to mention crazy subs.
[Post edited 20 May 2023 21:25]

Because they failed under Hassenhuttl, they failed under Jones and have now failed under Selles.

You telling me it was all the 3 managers fault?
Ruben on 09:59 - May 21 with 3761 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ruben on 07:50 - May 20 by Berber

Splendid logic, you have really thought this through

Nathan Jones - 35.71%
Rubén Sellés - 13.33%

No comparison at all

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Ruben on 12:28 - May 21 with 3698 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Could be argued that at Villa the same thing occurred .. Gerard couldn´t get a tune out of them and they were in danger of going down .. in walks Emery and the rest is history. Big part of management is getting the players to believe in the ideas of the manager, if they don´t trust what the manager is saying then they rebel.
It is then the job of the manager to either attempt to convince these players or try to get rid of them ... so here is the big question .. who is the cancer in the dressing room ? which are the players who are not helping the management team because they are not "buying" into whatever the manager is trying to sell them?
Is Ward Prowse a captain that they respect ?
Ruben on 14:04 - May 21 with 3668 viewsBaltimore

After today's team selection I can't wait to see the back of him!
Ruben on 14:09 - May 21 with 3665 viewsUlsterBaz

Ruben on 14:04 - May 21 by Baltimore

After today's team selection I can't wait to see the back of him!

Yep, utterly pointless.
Ruben on 15:46 - May 21 with 3621 viewsMrangry25

Good riddance, he was the main issue as far as I am concerned, totally inept crap football. He was head coach under RH, head coach under Jesus Jones and they made him manager, guess what we played the same shite, same players and had the same substitutions. Nuff said.
Ruben on 18:49 - May 21 with 3514 viewsgrumpy

Ruben on 01:17 - May 21 by washington_saint

Because they failed under Hassenhuttl, they failed under Jones and have now failed under Selles.

You telling me it was all the 3 managers fault?

Hassenhuttl should have gone pre season,but give him some respect as he kept us up,no easy task.
Jones and Selles have been appalling.
Are you telling me that poor managers don't have an affect on players?
Ruben on 18:57 - May 21 with 3503 viewskentsouthampton

A lot of people being wise after the event.
Ruben on 20:02 - May 21 with 3445 viewsgrumpy

Ruben on 18:57 - May 21 by kentsouthampton

A lot of people being wise after the event.

Certainly not a lot shown before.
Ruben on 20:15 - May 21 with 3424 viewsgrumpy

You wait and see our misfits being found positions in other top clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024