Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ 11:19 - May 23 with 3392 viewsKeithHaynes

And if so, how much will the Swans miss them, I genuinely believe at least Piroe will go.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 11:22 - May 23 with 2958 viewsunion_jack

He’s bound to really. The obvious answer is who we will replace him with.

We’ve been there and done it before.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 11:31 - May 23 with 2911 viewsnantywatcher

Piroe could do much better for himself than Southampton. If I was his agent I would play for time.
Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 11:42 - May 23 with 2881 viewsBadlands

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 11:22 - May 23 by union_jack

Pre-season I'd like to see Whittaker and Cullen given game time together. I think there could be a seriously effective partnership there.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 11:58 - May 23 with 2801 viewsDr_Winston

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 11:31 - May 23 by nantywatcher

Piroe could do much better for himself than Southampton. If I was his agent I would play for time.

Agree with this. He should be pushing for a Prem move, not a sideways one.

Any decent offer for Grimes I'd be minded to accept.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 12:20 - May 23 with 2750 viewsQJumpingJack

Piroe will be "traded out" for sure.
Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 12:21 - May 23 with 2749 viewsSandanista

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 11:58 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

Agree with this. He should be pushing for a Prem move, not a sideways one.

Any decent offer for Grimes I'd be minded to accept.

Two seasons 20+ goals mean a PL move would be in Piroe's sights. Brentford may be a good fit-missing their main goalscorer for over half the season. Likes of West Ham, whoever stays up and the play off winners will all need to strengthen. Let's hope we get a good price.

Would not mind Grimes going for a good fee either.
Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 12:47 - May 23 with 2675 viewsvetchonian

Piroe will be missed or his goals will, doubt he will end up at Saints though surely he could get a gig at a lower PL club whilst Grimes with Joey Natchm,Fulton,Walsh , Cooper and Congrave it could be a benefit to get the cash

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 13:07 - May 23 with 2637 viewsonehunglow

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 11:42 - May 23 by Badlands

Pre-season I'd like to see Whittaker and Cullen given game time together. I think there could be a seriously effective partnership there.

Why not.
Whittaker has skill but his application needs attention.
Martin simply froze him.
He ll be angry over that and at our club.
Cullen…hmm.No really.
Piroe has been beyond outstanding

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 13:11 - May 23 with 2631 viewsJohnw102

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 12:47 - May 23 by vetchonian

Piroe will be missed or his goals will, doubt he will end up at Saints though surely he could get a gig at a lower PL club whilst Grimes with Joey Natchm,Fulton,Walsh , Cooper and Congrave it could be a benefit to get the cash

I would be sorry to Grimes go, him Fulton and Cooper/Walsh if we can keep him fit. Think we have to be realistic about Joey best is behind him, never going to get 90 mins out of him. Think Ntcham will be gone before start of season.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 17:18 - May 23 with 2413 viewsSullutaCreturned

I think we were going to lose Piroe this summer regardless of Martin but I'd like to see Whittaker and Joseph given a chance. if anybody seriously wants to give us money for Cullen I think I'd take it. I know he's done well recently but that was with Piroe to play off, without the pair, I'd sell.

Grimes can go if anyone wants to give us 4-5 million. I think we may have enough in midfield if we can keep Ntcham, Fulton, Cooper and get Joe as fit as possible even if he only gives us 30-35 in the second halves. We have some good youngsters including that striker...Iwan somebody is it?

As unpopular opinion as it will be, I think Grimes slows us down too much though I acept a new manager may get a better tempu out of him because he is technically very good.

This season was always going to be a rebuild, even if Martin stayed, we were going to lose Manning, Piroe, Naughton, Latibeaudiere as a minimum and we could lose Cullen and Ntcham too. We need a new keeper and 2 fullbacks as well as the striker then maybe 2 in midfield but with what we have already I'd like to see two wide players with pace. Will the owners stump up, probably not but the game goes on.
Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 17:23 - May 23 with 2404 viewsKilkennyjack

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 17:18 - May 23 by SullutaCreturned

I think we were going to lose Piroe this summer regardless of Martin but I'd like to see Whittaker and Joseph given a chance. if anybody seriously wants to give us money for Cullen I think I'd take it. I know he's done well recently but that was with Piroe to play off, without the pair, I'd sell.

Grimes can go if anyone wants to give us 4-5 million. I think we may have enough in midfield if we can keep Ntcham, Fulton, Cooper and get Joe as fit as possible even if he only gives us 30-35 in the second halves. We have some good youngsters including that striker...Iwan somebody is it?

As unpopular opinion as it will be, I think Grimes slows us down too much though I acept a new manager may get a better tempu out of him because he is technically very good.

This season was always going to be a rebuild, even if Martin stayed, we were going to lose Manning, Piroe, Naughton, Latibeaudiere as a minimum and we could lose Cullen and Ntcham too. We need a new keeper and 2 fullbacks as well as the striker then maybe 2 in midfield but with what we have already I'd like to see two wide players with pace. Will the owners stump up, probably not but the game goes on.

Where is Cullen going ?

We will miss Grimes and Piroe hugely.

Beware of the Risen People

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 17:29 - May 23 with 2398 viewsSullutaCreturned

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 17:23 - May 23 by Kilkennyjack

Where is Cullen going ?

We will miss Grimes and Piroe hugely.

There were rumours of a few clubs looking at him, Sunderland, Boro and....Celtic.
Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 18:25 - May 23 with 2329 viewsEagleEye

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 11:22 - May 23 by union_jack

Grimes is the main midfield anchor & has been a key player in the possession based game that so many seem to yearn for. Rarely gets injured & is a steady 6-7/10 just about every game, season on season.

Piroe is our main goal threat. Can anyone really say with confidence that a club without a coach, Chairman/CEO or recruitment dept would come any where close to replacing those goals ?

As for Whittaker & Cullen starting the season as a front pairing, please remember we are still in the Championship for at least another season
Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 19:12 - May 23 with 2238 viewsReslovenSwan1

The style of play is a bigger issue for me rather than who is coming and going. Swansea have to use the academy to have any hope of being competitive and getting the losses down.

Talk of Nathan Jones cannot be a sensible strategy. The club must build on Martin's works so that the team becomes much more than the sum of the parts. There must be some semblance of continuity in recruitment. Swansea need to find the next Piroe from Europe but he may have been found by Cooper or Andy Scott.

It is most like Piroe will be replaced by a loan to take the pressure of Whittaker Cullen and Joseph. Cannon was mentioned. Swansea could go for a beenpole and change the style but that is the first thing Watson or Coleman must define.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 19:21 - May 23 with 2237 viewsblackpooljack

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 19:12 - May 23 by ReslovenSwan1

The style of play is a bigger issue for me rather than who is coming and going. Swansea have to use the academy to have any hope of being competitive and getting the losses down.

Talk of Nathan Jones cannot be a sensible strategy. The club must build on Martin's works so that the team becomes much more than the sum of the parts. There must be some semblance of continuity in recruitment. Swansea need to find the next Piroe from Europe but he may have been found by Cooper or Andy Scott.

It is most like Piroe will be replaced by a loan to take the pressure of Whittaker Cullen and Joseph. Cannon was mentioned. Swansea could go for a beenpole and change the style but that is the first thing Watson or Coleman must define.

Agreed, the style of play though not always sucessful is what gets me on the edge of my seat some of the team goals we've scored have been exceptional now that Russ does look to be on his way i'm dreading us going for a hoofball manager. Could you imagine the yanks getting in a Mick Mccarthy type, fukin yanks i hate them
Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 20:38 - May 23 with 2139 viewsSullutaCreturned

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 19:21 - May 23 by blackpooljack

Agreed, the style of play though not always sucessful is what gets me on the edge of my seat some of the team goals we've scored have been exceptional now that Russ does look to be on his way i'm dreading us going for a hoofball manager. Could you imagine the yanks getting in a Mick Mccarthy type, fukin yanks i hate them

What if we get a coach who sticks with possession football but adds pace?

I honestly cannot see how that football had you on the edge of your seat? Apart from that silly goal kick and thesuicidal passing around our bo that did have on the edge of my seat but a bag of nerves. otherwise the pace of the game was more likely to put me to sleep. Half of last seasonwas depressingly slow and boring.
Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 20:50 - May 23 with 2109 viewsBoundy

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 20:38 - May 23 by SullutaCreturned

I honestly cannot see how that football had you on the edge of your seat? Apart from that silly goal kick and thesuicidal passing around our bo that did have on the edge of my seat but a bag of nerves. otherwise the pace of the game was more likely to put me to sleep. Half of last seasonwas depressingly slow and boring.

and the other 50% I enjoyed , when the movement was good and forward we looked very good with little interchanges and give and gos buts sadly not enough and that includes not enough players prepared to take a shot when the opportunity arose , we always were looking for one more and the perfect goal

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 21:07 - May 23 with 2075 viewsFireboy2

Stop being glass half empty and have a word with your boy 😉👍
Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 21:11 - May 23 with 2066 viewsonehunglow

Many who streamed the games would have
Made a cup of tea
Mowed the lawn
Trained the dog
Set the table
Baked a cake
And all whilst the ball was being stroked from Fishy,to Cabango,to Fishy, to Wood,to grimesy to Fish who,under pressure,kicked it straight out of play .
Edge of the seat stuff for some though

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 07:59 - May 24 with 1908 viewsWhiterockin

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 21:11 - May 23 by onehunglow

Many who streamed the games would have
Made a cup of tea
Mowed the lawn
Trained the dog
Set the table
Baked a cake
And all whilst the ball was being stroked from Fishy,to Cabango,to Fishy, to Wood,to grimesy to Fish who,under pressure,kicked it straight out of play .
Edge of the seat stuff for some though

Probably the difference between live sport and watching on TV. I not going to knock you but watching sport live is more exciting. That's why some make a monumental effort to attend games
Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 09:24 - May 24 with 1838 viewsonehunglow

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 07:59 - May 24 by Whiterockin

Probably the difference between live sport and watching on TV. I not going to knock you but watching sport live is more exciting. That's why some make a monumental effort to attend games

Morning .
Knock if you want ,Matey.
It is but family and domestic issues override all.
That simple .
Were I living back there,I’d be going although under Martin it would be a chore and it shouldn’t be.
I well remember a notions jerk boasting about doing the hard miles as a fan.

That said,nobody but nobody should be demeaned or seen as a lesser fan no matter how few games they go to.
On screen,you do get a greater spread even though the atmosphere is missing . That said,toxicity isn’t pleasant so nobody should feel forced to go.
Comment on a fans forum? You betcha .

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 09:36 - May 24 with 1828 viewsWhiterockin

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 09:24 - May 24 by onehunglow

Morning .
Knock if you want ,Matey.
It is but family and domestic issues override all.
That simple .
Were I living back there,I’d be going although under Martin it would be a chore and it shouldn’t be.
I well remember a notions jerk boasting about doing the hard miles as a fan.

That said,nobody but nobody should be demeaned or seen as a lesser fan no matter how few games they go to.
On screen,you do get a greater spread even though the atmosphere is missing . That said,toxicity isn’t pleasant so nobody should feel forced to go.
Comment on a fans forum? You betcha .

Best you read the post with an open mind and without the venom.
Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 09:59 - May 24 with 1796 viewsDr_Winston

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 09:36 - May 24 by Whiterockin

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 13:49 - May 24 with 1701 viewsjojaca

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 20:50 - May 23 by Boundy

and the other 50% I enjoyed , when the movement was good and forward we looked very good with little interchanges and give and gos buts sadly not enough and that includes not enough players prepared to take a shot when the opportunity arose , we always were looking for one more and the perfect goal

We only had short decent spells in games, never produced a 90 minute display. We could look like on form Man City one half and the the other half look like league two team that couldn't string two passes together.

Even when you know, you never know?

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 13:56 - May 24 with 1673 viewsonehunglow

Are Grimes and Piroe becoming ‘dead wood’ on 09:36 - May 24 by Whiterockin

I’ve done it.
The song remains the same
Venom?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024