Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com 18:10 - Jun 27 with 2723 viewsDale_4_Life

The feed for the above that appears on this home page is it a club run / club endorsed twitter feed?.

is it censored in any way or can the holder of the account post what they like?.

Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 18:18 - Jun 27 with 2684 viewskel

Why would it need to be censored? Any examples?
Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 18:35 - Jun 27 with 2629 viewsBrierls

It's the Twitter account for this site, run by one of the admins.

Don't confuse rochdaleafc.com (unofficial) with rochdaleafc.co.uk (official).
Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 12:11 - Jun 29 with 2078 viewsAtThePeake

For the avoidance of doubt, I post from that account on Twitter.

Tangled up in blue.

Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 18:38 - Jun 29 with 1920 viewsDale_4_Life

Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 18:35 - Jun 27 by Brierls

It's the Twitter account for this site, run by one of the admins.

Thanks for the above.

Its the unofficial one then, that scrolls and appears on this board.

If there is any conscience children like to read the board and some of the language is unsuitable for primary aged kids..

Understand there is no link to the club it would have been ten times worse had some of the posts come from an official channel linked to the club.
Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 18:43 - Jun 29 with 1904 views442Dale

Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 18:38 - Jun 29 by Dale_4_Life

Thanks for the above.

If there is any conscience children like to read the board and some of the language is unsuitable for primary aged kids..

Understand there is no link to the club it would have been ten times worse had some of the posts come from an official channel linked to the club.

There’s also swearing within posts on here though, not sure whether there’s been anything too bad on the twitter account.

Like most things on the internet, it would be up to parents to monitor.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 19:29 - Jun 29 with 1803 viewskel

Thanks for the above.

“If there is any conscience…”

What a strange thing to say. The person who has already claimed to be responsible for the account has posted on here and very much has a conscience. Can you refer us to the tweets you are referring to please and indicate who you know was offended by any? Or is it a case of mock outrage?
Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 19:48 - Jun 29 with 1766 viewsAtThePeake

Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 19:29 - Jun 29 by kel

“If there is any conscience…”

What a strange thing to say. The person who has already claimed to be responsible for the account has posted on here and very much has a conscience. Can you refer us to the tweets you are referring to please and indicate who you know was offended by any? Or is it a case of mock outrage?

It's fine. I've tried to see if I can disable the Twitter feed from the website but it doesn't seem possible so I will limit the 'bad' language on the Twitter account in future. To be honest I've been considering scaling back the Twitter so that we just tweet the stories we post on the site and the odd occasional update here and there because I have been guilty of just using it as I would my own personal account.

If such language is a genuine problem however Dale_4_Life , I personally really wouldn't recommend allowing primary-aged children to read this messageboard. Me and Chaff do our best to monitor it, but in reality we find it polices itself for the most part when it comes to more serious problems - plus we don't have time to read every post on every thread. As such, there's plenty of swearing (and other comments that are unsuitable for young children) that slip through the cracks from time to time.

Tangled up in blue.

Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 20:15 - Jun 29 with 1711 viewsBrierls

Thanks for the above.

I’d suggest you, or anybody offended by language used on here or Twitter, give their fcuking head a wobble. Stop trying to censor everything.

If a child has full access to the internet, the odd swear word is the least of their parent/guardian’s worries.
Login to get fewer ads

Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 06:34 - Jun 30 with 1514 viewsDale_4_Life

A few have missed my point.

It would have been completely inappropriate if the language used was from an official club twitter feed. That is what i asked.

I understand now there are two very similar looking accounts.

At a first glance to some me included RochdaleAFC.com looks "official" hence content can be linked to the club and the account holder should be mindful of that.

I am no wallflower I can assure you.
Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 09:02 - Jun 30 with 1416 viewskel

Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 06:34 - Jun 30 by Dale_4_Life

It would have been completely inappropriate if the language used was from an official club twitter feed. That is what i asked.

At a first glance to some me included RochdaleAFC.com looks "official" hence content can be linked to the club and the account holder should be mindful of that.

Well if people are too bone idle to click on the account and read the bio than that’s on them rather than the account holder.
Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 09:07 - Jun 30 with 1413 viewsAtThePeake

Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 06:34 - Jun 30 by Dale_4_Life

Tbf from the content alone, which can be pretty critical of the club a lot of the time, it should be obvious that it isn't an official account. It's also pretty clear from the bio, profile photo and cover photo. In 3+ years of running the account I don't remember anyone ever confusing it with the official account before now.

Tangled up in blue.

Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 10:36 - Jun 30 with 1300 views442Dale

Twitter - RochdaleAFC.com on 09:07 - Jun 30 by AtThePeake

Tbf from the content alone, which can be pretty critical of the club a lot of the time, it should be obvious that it isn't an official account. It's also pretty clear from the bio, profile photo and cover photo. In 3+ years of running the account I don't remember anyone ever confusing it with the official account before now.

Just announce more signings please.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024