Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southend utd 13:02 - Jul 11 with 6376 viewsHayesender

To think, it wasn't that long ago they were putting 5 past us

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Southend utd on 09:25 - Jul 12 with 1129 viewsGloryHunter

Fleetwood Town owner jailed for fraud. Thirteen years!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-66099646
Southend utd on 11:14 - Jul 12 with 1020 viewsToast_R

Case Adjourned for another 42 days.
Southend utd on 13:32 - Jul 12 with 860 viewsPBLOCK

As someone who lives near Southend and attends a few times a season this is where they are currently at

The owner Ron Martin makes Paladini look like a Choir Boy. The staff of the club so admin, marketing etc haven't been paid for 3 months- as it stands, the Southend Supporters Trust are trying to help on this matter.

The players have often found wages being paid late and a number of players have left in the close season basically because the club can't make payments is the long and the short of it. The goalkeeper, centre back and one of the strikers have all left in the last 2 weeks or so

As they are under embargo they can't extend any contracts or sign new players

The Manager Maher has done a decent job in the circumstances they had a terrible run around March / April which had that not happened would have seen them make the Play Offs with ease

The owner is basically hoping for a stadium move as part of a housing development which will see him get some funds back, this move has basically been in the offing for 30 odd years

The current ground is a tip in all honesty but this new stadium has been scaled back massively to some 3 sided monstrosity

They have entered talk with a Venture Capital company who have contacts within Sports agency's they are the preferred bidder and are apparently in the due dilligence stage, rather than a skeleton falling out of the closet it's likely to be a cemetery!

Difficult times but I really hope they come through this as if run properly they're a decent club
Southend utd on 13:43 - Jul 12 with 833 viewsTerry49

Southend utd on 13:21 - Jul 11 by terryb

Hopefully they will find a last minute buyer & best of luck to them.

I went there a through times when they used to play games on the Friday night & crowds were quite good. I also stayed until the final whistle when we let in the five goals. That wasn't a pleasant night!

Around the time when the Thames Valley Royals (Reading & oxford United amalgamating) was under discussion, wasn't there speculation that Southend & Orient would combine as Basildon Orient?

How many remember the time we took 2000 or more to a reserve game at Roots Hall to see the return of Rodney after being out so long with injury. I went and it was a brilliant atmosphere, we all enjoyed it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024