Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. 12:24 - Aug 4 with 99741 viewsconnell10

I'll go for unlikely 1-1 draw.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:50 - Aug 5 with 2982 viewsconnell10

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:47 - Aug 5 by karlski

It appears he's playing in some kind of number 10 position which....he can't play. Meanwhile an actual 10 is out on the left wing. I know our squad is bare bones, but that kind of square peg in round hole situation isn't helping.

25% possession, 0 corners , 1 shot not on target. I don't think Anisworth really knows what he is doing , there's losing and getting humiliated.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:51 - Aug 5 with 2878 viewsMick_S

I’d have felt for Brian if he was covering this today.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:51 - Aug 5 with 2872 viewsbaz_qpr

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:44 - Aug 5 by ed_83

Bar 12 months under Warburton we've been complaining about the same fundamental issues since Holloway was in charge, if not before. If Ainsworth was the problem then we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place, and sacking him won't fix it.

The entire club needs root and branch reform, from the board to the box office, and the first team to the youth squad. We've been operating with a culture of mediocrity at every level, and it's caught up with us. Whatever happens this afternoon or this season, it's increasingly clear we need to rip it all up and start again, regardless of who the manager is.

No this is far far worse - This is not just about players today this gameplay, set up, preparation formation league 1/2 tactics won't work in this league
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:51 - Aug 5 with 2836 viewsMelakaRanger

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:50 - Aug 5 by connell10

25% possession, 0 corners , 1 shot not on target. I don't think Anisworth really knows what he is doing , there's losing and getting humiliated.

No one not even Pep could fix this bunch. Trouble is Ainsworth isn’t the solution to our problems
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:51 - Aug 5 with 2825 viewsRs_Holy

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:50 - Aug 5 by connell10

how does he pick them up from this?... what does he say at 1/2 time???
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:51 - Aug 5 with 2801 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:48 - Aug 5 by Damo1962

Delusions is all a lot of supporters have left...and it is perfectly understandable.

I understand why but such delusion only enables the club to get away with serving up this dross.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:52 - Aug 5 with 2705 viewsed_83

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:44 - Aug 5 by ed_83

Bar 12 months under Warburton we've been complaining about the same fundamental issues since Holloway was in charge, if not before. If Ainsworth was the problem then we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place, and sacking him won't fix it.

The entire club needs root and branch reform, from the board to the box office, and the first team to the youth squad. We've been operating with a culture of mediocrity at every level, and it's caught up with us. Whatever happens this afternoon or this season, it's increasingly clear we need to rip it all up and start again, regardless of who the manager is.

We conceded two more goals in the six minutes it took me to type that out lol. Perhaps worth saying that "root and branch reform" doesn't exclude sacking the manager too, even if won't change anything by itself.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:52 - Aug 5 with 2705 viewsconnell10

No bookings for us either which says something

Login to get fewer ads

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:53 - Aug 5 with 2554 viewsted_hendrix

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:47 - Aug 5 by Discodroids

This Football Club is collapsing in on itself like a black hole. The club is permeated at every strata with Blitzkrieg incompetence.

This Boardroom are criminally insane. You might as well have Frankie Fraser in his Rampton Straight-Jacket as Chairman.

Look at what they have done to this club we all love.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 15:51]

I haven't got an answer but whatever action Is taken needs taking immediately, I've seen crap over the Years but nothing like the last few Years, we are literally going to pieces at 100MPH.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:54 - Aug 5 with 2532 viewshoops_legend

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:52 - Aug 5 by connell10

I would at least respect one of our players if they put a challenge through a Watford player took a red - some passion at least

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:54 - Aug 5 with 2527 viewsSonofpugwash

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:49 - Aug 5 by stevec

During my lifetime, 8-1.

Can somebody confirm the football club still owns the ground. This feels like Caterham.

That was against ManUre wasn't it?Slightly different opponents today.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:54 - Aug 5 with 2504 viewsMonkey_Roots

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:52 - Aug 5 by connell10

It’s so bleak…
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:54 - Aug 5 with 2486 viewssexton

If we can manage to get five sent off it's abandoned, right?
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:55 - Aug 5 with 2401 viewsNov77

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:49 - Aug 5 by nadera78

Our squad is a toxic mix of posers who don't want to do the hard work necessary to play professional football and the mentally fragile who give up at the slightest knock. In fact, one or two of them fit into both categories. Laughably, some of them even think they should be playing in the PL!

Change the manger if you like. Change him again. And then again after that. Won't make any difference to these players.

however bad these players are, they are clearly not buying into Ainsworth and his Haka/Pavarotti-Muhammed Ali videos/Outward Bounds courses style of FOOTBALL management.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:56 - Aug 5 with 2302 viewsDamo1962

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:45 - Aug 5 by kensalriser

Every bit as bad as many had feared. We look like a non league team.

It's worse than I feared. I half heartedly said in a previous post, that we could concede 100 goals this season - looks like I am going to be right unfortunately. I genuinely hate these players.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:56 - Aug 5 with 2246 viewsandrew1302

The best now is for GA to simply resign. The club is doing him no favours and he is doing the club no favours. The hierarchy of Ruben Fernandes and Ferdinand brought us here and there is no real visible way out. GA will ruin his future if he stays. His style will get him smashed every game in this division. He is out of his depth with a squad which is the same. Save yourself GA resign with an honorable comment and let the owners carry the wrath they deserve it. I really think they are worse than Palledini and briatore as they are totally clueless about running a football club . QPR are currently finished as a football club if the policy is no spending and hiring 34 year old and 20 year old who are good enough maybe for League 1 or 2. I think I am going to write to Hoos and ask if he will offer Season ticket holders a refund.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:57 - Aug 5 with 2213 viewsthemodfather

ffs not good enough, our fears bearing fruit and coming to haunt us.
to lose one in seconds is unreal. all we can hope for is torrential rain and game is abandoned or watford team fail drugs test after the game !!!
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:57 - Aug 5 with 2186 viewsdistortR

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:49 - Aug 5 by nadera78

Our squad is a toxic mix of posers who don't want to do the hard work necessary to play professional football and the mentally fragile who give up at the slightest knock. In fact, one or two of them fit into both categories. Laughably, some of them even think they should be playing in the PL!

Change the manger if you like. Change him again. And then again after that. Won't make any difference to these players.

Ok, I will, thanks.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:57 - Aug 5 with 2138 viewsBenny_the_Ball

HT. 4-0. QPR haven't laid a glove on Watford. If it were a boxing match the ref would have stopped it by now.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:58 - Aug 5 with 2132 viewsSonofpugwash

It's half time and the blissful prospect of Jaffa Cakes and a pint of Hemlock.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:58 - Aug 5 with 2114 viewsqprd

the owners may be crap. the players may be crap- but we cant change the owners and we cant really change the players too much either

all that aside, no one can defend this manager. we are playing fox who doesnt have match fitness and is only starting b/c everyone else is hurt. we're playing gubbins whose effectively a debutant and has not started a single match in the football league. we're forced to start dozzell b/c no one else is available

we're playing a decent watford team at their home with a good, attacking manager who plays at tempo

so how does ainsworth set up? with 2 freaking strikers, of which one is kelman who also has not proven hes ready to start at this level. of all the days you needed more midfield solidity, today was the day with the inexperienced slapdash backline ... in order to get the ball upfield, we need either chair or smyth to get forward, as well as one of the midfielders. this means that when we lose the ball, you basically need one incisive pass to be 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 against our backtracking backline

this is about the players, but its also about defensive shape and tactics. we've barely had any possession or shots

GA is clueless
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:58 - Aug 5 with 2056 viewsA40Bosh

Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:55 - Aug 5 by Nov77

however bad these players are, they are clearly not buying into Ainsworth and his Haka/Pavarotti-Muhammed Ali videos/Outward Bounds courses style of FOOTBALL management.

I’d say 70% of the away end are not buying in to it either.

Pretty septic here most of that first 52 mins.

Really don’t know what he does here to at least prevent another boofest and a single figures loss.

Woke up this morning and felt excit……….

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:58 - Aug 5 with 2049 viewstraininvain

[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 16:06]
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:58 - Aug 5 with 2041 viewsBklynRanger

That half wasn't all about the players. Yes they were individually shit, but whoever has set them up has got out of form, out of confidence players sitting on the edge of their own box literally WAITING for more talented players to get into dangerous areas before they even begin to put in a challenge.

No pressing, no engaging further up the pitch. Whatever the opposite is of hunting in packs is what's happening.
Abandon All Hoop, Watford match thread. on 15:59 - Aug 5 with 2699 viewspaul999

Any Stream Peeps?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024