Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report 22:44 - Sep 20 with 3494 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60896
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 23:39 - Sep 20 with 3298 viewsCateLeBonR

😂
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 00:04 - Sep 21 with 3235 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Brilliant report as usual you are invaluable to QPR fans around the World unable to get to LR. Would Stroud have called that goal off if he was on the line or in the middle .Its so frustrating to get nothing from officials but worse when they cannot do their jobs .
If we lose on Friday I think Ga might be under pressure or has he built up a wall of support in 9 months .The match thread was pretty harsh on his formation and his in game decisions seem suspect too.I know you call Swansea Barcalona but why did we not go for the kill early they are obviously pretty poor .So are we it appears sad to say
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 06:59 - Sep 21 with 2972 viewsPaddyhoops

Spot on with Chair as MOTM . Always looking for the ball never went into hiding.
Can’t understand how no other clubs especially at the higher end of the championship has put in a decent offer for him. Glad to have him.
As for the Swansea goal . I heard some of the Welsh comms on the goal . Not a mention of it .
We had a clear view in the loft end . It was so obvious as to be laughable.
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 07:33 - Sep 21 with 2902 viewsQPROslo

Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 06:59 - Sep 21 by Paddyhoops

Spot on with Chair as MOTM . Always looking for the ball never went into hiding.
Can’t understand how no other clubs especially at the higher end of the championship has put in a decent offer for him. Glad to have him.
As for the Swansea goal . I heard some of the Welsh comms on the goal . Not a mention of it .
We had a clear view in the loft end . It was so obvious as to be laughable.

Having seen a clip from X that shows the handball goal so clearly in comparison to what they showed on the QPR+ stream, I wondered for a minute if it had been photo-shopped. But so many of you there saw it like it was so no. Sinton didn't start talking about maybe there was a handball for some minutes after it happened and wasnt sure it was until he'd probably seen it from another angle at half time, so he and London didn't see it properly initially either. From the angle and poor camera work on the stream it was difficult to see what happened, but would have thought the lino Stan Bowles side should have seen it clear enough. Perhaps without VAR they should have Officials behind and above both goals but if they are as poor as that lino it wouldn't help anyway.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2023 7:35]
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 08:38 - Sep 21 with 2736 viewsstevec

To be fair, from our elevation in SAR nobody but nobody seemed to see it as handball.

Fantastic header, can never fault Dykes for that, but whilst we’re all gushing about what was a brilliant header we should really be talking of some superb crosses and tap ins in a win.

We have a very poor forward line that rarely looks like rescuing any sub standard performances on the rest of the pitch.

If you could put Dykes head on Armstrongs body and Kelmans feet (apparently?!) we’d have an outlet to these results. As single entities we don’t.
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 10:11 - Sep 21 with 2483 viewsterryb

I'm in the back row of the Upper Loft & directly behind where the Swansea goal was scored. Everyone around me saw the goal as handball (expecially Connell) but I was convinced it hit his chest! Dad, I got it wrong again!

I don't think the referee had a chance of seeing which part of the body the ball had hit & only Field was aware of it, but his assistant should have done. We contributed massively to the goal with the Fox attempt to head the ball, allowing the space for the pass & the run from the crossing player, but mainly from Begovich not dealing with the ball. That doesn't make it right that it was a goal though!
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 10:55 - Sep 21 with 2358 viewshoops_legend

Great report Clive, loved the bit about the linesman
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 11:22 - Sep 21 with 2289 viewssystemsguy

Excellent report.... I couldn't believe the player marks given on WLS especially for Fox who imo put us into trouble at least twice ( once leading to the hand ball goal ) during the match...

Some felt a bit harsh but overall fair compared ...

2024/2025.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Login to get fewer ads

Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 11:40 - Sep 21 with 2251 viewsthehat

I was right in line with their goal in G Block and yes a blatant hand ball.

We huffed and puffed without really creating much can't really blame Ainsworth for any hoofball as we started with Chair and Willock in the same team with Paal and Smyth giving us width going forward. It just never clicked despite getting into some good areas.

At least there is a real togetherness in the squad that was lacking last season and the players are all giving 100% - Apart from Willock that is who I thought was poor almost like he was doing us a favour playing for us.

Anyway onto St Andrews and I'd be delighted with another point if we get all 3 then it will be a bloody party weekend!!!
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 11:44 - Sep 21 with 2238 viewsdaveB

Chair was Luke Freeman like in the second half being our only hope of a goal.

We had so many crosses across the 6 yard box with either no one gambling or an inch away from Dykes who is still so slow to react to those kind of chances. One of those goes in and it's a nice ugly win but those small things are costing us.

I do think though when you look back at last season and how they just threw the towel in during games it is good to see them all fighting and working so hard to get wins, that should be bare minimum I know but we've all seen recently that isn't the case.
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 11:44 - Sep 21 with 2235 viewsNorthernr

Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 11:44 - Sep 21 by daveB

Chair was Luke Freeman like in the second half being our only hope of a goal.

We had so many crosses across the 6 yard box with either no one gambling or an inch away from Dykes who is still so slow to react to those kind of chances. One of those goes in and it's a nice ugly win but those small things are costing us.

I do think though when you look back at last season and how they just threw the towel in during games it is good to see them all fighting and working so hard to get wins, that should be bare minimum I know but we've all seen recently that isn't the case.

That was the big positive from the night - we kept at it.
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 11:46 - Sep 21 with 2232 viewsdaveB

Would also add that Grimes for them was good again, would a love a player like him in our midfield
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 12:14 - Sep 21 with 2149 viewsAntti_Heinola

Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 11:44 - Sep 21 by Northernr

That was the big positive from the night - we kept at it.

I'm with you Norf, and would've gone for Paal or Field, and you won't find a bigger Chair fan than me. but it doesn't really matter.

Well done for not giving up, but I've seen very little to suggest we'll stay up. Yep, great, the culture looks better, the players are working harder, there's more belief. But that entire performance was disjointed, there was no obvious plan, no real shape, at least two players seemed completely unsure exactly what their job was, there was no clear plan about when we pressed and who should do it (the amount of times one player chased three Swans around like an irritating but easily swatted-away mosquito while other players stood about deciding whether to join in or not was ridiculous - particularly first half). We had exactly two ideas: one switch of play to Smyth (mostly quite effective) and two: please Illy do something magic (effective in the end).

The season is long and hard.

Bare bones.

Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 13:08 - Sep 21 with 2014 viewsLanhoop

Everyone around me in the lower loft knew it was handball immediately. I thought the Lino was too scared to call it and his head was gone from that point on.

We need a different answer to Collback being missing, dropping Dozzell backwards isn't the right answer. Don't know if it's a full formation change or just a personnel one but who sits deeper and nearer to Sam I do not know. SDM?
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 13:17 - Sep 21 with 1975 viewsMonkey_Roots

Can you hurry up with the Birmingham preview please Clive :)

Joking obvs.

Thanks as always mate.
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 14:51 - Sep 21 with 1739 viewswestberksr

good stuff Clive

very frustrating night despite a positive end. As you say, these are games that really should be 3 points bagged in perpetration for the tougher times to come.

duck like linesman did at least make me chuckle; whereas his performance last night did not
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 15:51 - Sep 21 with 1637 viewsenfieldargh

Think Colback is a massive miss from our midfield.

Amazed if we can get anything from the next 2 games especially without his nous, abilty to link defence/attack, something we really missed v swans

Superb report as always

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 16:50 - Sep 21 with 1535 viewsdaveB

Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 12:14 - Sep 21 by Antti_Heinola

I'm with you Norf, and would've gone for Paal or Field, and you won't find a bigger Chair fan than me. but it doesn't really matter.

Well done for not giving up, but I've seen very little to suggest we'll stay up. Yep, great, the culture looks better, the players are working harder, there's more belief. But that entire performance was disjointed, there was no obvious plan, no real shape, at least two players seemed completely unsure exactly what their job was, there was no clear plan about when we pressed and who should do it (the amount of times one player chased three Swans around like an irritating but easily swatted-away mosquito while other players stood about deciding whether to join in or not was ridiculous - particularly first half). We had exactly two ideas: one switch of play to Smyth (mostly quite effective) and two: please Illy do something magic (effective in the end).

The season is long and hard.

We stayed up last year without any sort of team work and effort or gameplan so you never know. I've seen worse teams that us stay up before. I think we have a chance but it won't be easy.
Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 22:36 - Sep 21 with 1137 viewsAntti_Heinola

Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 16:50 - Sep 21 by daveB

We stayed up last year without any sort of team work and effort or gameplan so you never know. I've seen worse teams that us stay up before. I think we have a chance but it won't be easy.

we stayed up last year because we had all those things in enough games at the start of the season to see us through.
Maybe we'll come good. I certainly hope we will!

Bare bones.

Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 22:40 - Sep 21 with 1130 viewsNorthernr

Clunky QPR left to settle for Swans stalemate - Report on 22:36 - Sep 21 by Antti_Heinola

we stayed up last year because we had all those things in enough games at the start of the season to see us through.
Maybe we'll come good. I certainly hope we will!

And a team got a six point deduction. No sign of anybody in line for that this year.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024