Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' 09:59 - Oct 2 with 6544 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/october/dalefanwall_october2023/?fbclid=

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 23:48 - Oct 17 with 1305 viewssxdale

A few years back I would have been first in the queue to have me name immortalised and on display in the club I love and have spent god knows how much travelling up and down the country, buying merchandise etc.
Both me and me dad have plaques with our names on at belle vue speedway, but we knew what the money was going to and how much would be raised, this to me comes across as "give us some more money please and trust us to spend it well" something I'm not convinced of with this board.
As with the directors loan against the ground, not enough information was provided to allow me to make a decision one way or the other. In fact the wording of it as with most things these days seems ambiguous and deliberately vague.
I like many others answered the call in what I presumed was the clubs darkest hour and spent as much as I could reasonably afford purchasing shares to thwart an hostile takeover (not as much as the board obviously) only to find that it wasn't enough and we are still in danger.
As a shareholder I want/need to know the current state of the clubs finances and what the plan is to get us out of this mess we're in.
Then and only then will I decide whether to spend more money in addition to me match tickets.
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 07:26 - Oct 18 with 1208 viewsJames1980

2:24:15 SG lists improvements under the current boards tenure. Were these overplayed what is that has tipped the scales for the board to be viewed so negatively?

I get the issues with communication and putting the club up for sale haven't helped (perhaps a slight understatement) But I struggle to see why initiatives such as this deserve the derision and suspicion some have directed towards it
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 7:34]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 11:23 - Oct 18 with 1053 viewssxdale

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 07:26 - Oct 18 by James1980

2:24:15 SG lists improvements under the current boards tenure. Were these overplayed what is that has tipped the scales for the board to be viewed so negatively?

I get the issues with communication and putting the club up for sale haven't helped (perhaps a slight understatement) But I struggle to see why initiatives such as this deserve the derision and suspicion some have directed towards it
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 7:34]

OK James I'll try to explain it from my point of view.
Firstly I don't dislike the board or think they are dishonest unlike Bottomly who I actively hate with a vengeance.
They stepped up and saved the club at great personal expense and that should never be forgotten.
However with what has gone on at the club since I do question their competence. The appointment of Stockdale and giving him apparently free reign with the budget and then not getting rid of him the following season. Now it can be quite reasonably argued that they inherited a sh1t storm that they could not of expected, BBM leaving just before the season started then the hostile takeover. They should in my opinion brought someone on board to run the football side of things whilst they were firefighting elsewhere. Then not sacking EBJ soon enough to maybe give us a chance of staying in the league.
What appears to have developed now is a siege mentality. No information or rather details of the clubs current plight seem to be forthcoming othe than "it's really bad, we haven't got any money and without outside investment we won't survive"
The board are either sick of the whole business and want there money back (wouldn't blame them) or egotism/pride has made them believe that it's their way of the highway and as as a fan/shareholder I feel I an viewed as a nuisance.
I hope/believe that this situation can be turned around but for me the board need to engage seriously with the fans and trust and they need to make the first move.
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 11:35 - Oct 18 with 1035 viewsDalenet

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 11:23 - Oct 18 by sxdale

OK James I'll try to explain it from my point of view.
Firstly I don't dislike the board or think they are dishonest unlike Bottomly who I actively hate with a vengeance.
They stepped up and saved the club at great personal expense and that should never be forgotten.
However with what has gone on at the club since I do question their competence. The appointment of Stockdale and giving him apparently free reign with the budget and then not getting rid of him the following season. Now it can be quite reasonably argued that they inherited a sh1t storm that they could not of expected, BBM leaving just before the season started then the hostile takeover. They should in my opinion brought someone on board to run the football side of things whilst they were firefighting elsewhere. Then not sacking EBJ soon enough to maybe give us a chance of staying in the league.
What appears to have developed now is a siege mentality. No information or rather details of the clubs current plight seem to be forthcoming othe than "it's really bad, we haven't got any money and without outside investment we won't survive"
The board are either sick of the whole business and want there money back (wouldn't blame them) or egotism/pride has made them believe that it's their way of the highway and as as a fan/shareholder I feel I an viewed as a nuisance.
I hope/believe that this situation can be turned around but for me the board need to engage seriously with the fans and trust and they need to make the first move.

Perfectly sums up how many of us feel. There is a siege mentality just now that we haven't seen before. The Chairman is a nice guy and has put his family's finances at risk to help the club, but he needs to be a leader and communicate. Why shareholders are being told nothing (or as we saw recently, not getting important communications) beggars belief. History suggests that the supporters will rally in times of real need. But the silence is deafening.

Please Mr Chairman - have you cut the budgets to c£2.5m so that we have a sustainable national league club or not? Or have we locked ourselves into a playing budget that we can't afford wthout a sugar daddy?
Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 16:00 - Oct 18 with 861 viewsJames1980

Thank you the responses. Let's hope the fan wall sells out and the memorial one as well when launched.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Buy a plaque for the new 'Fan Wall' on 16:11 - Oct 18 with 838 views442Dale

There are lots of valid opinions and questions being raised here. Can I point people in the direction of the fans meeting with the Trust on Saturday and ask if you can’t attend, any questions you’d like them to ask the board at their meeting with them next week are put in this thread:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/302566/fans-meeting-back-o

It will be no trouble to collate them and pass to the Trust to ensure they are asked. As good as this forum is for discussion and, at times, resolving issues, we can’t really complain about not knowing if we aren’t taking advantage of agreed route of communication. Stick your questions in that thread or email the Trust… or better still turn up at 11am on Saturday if you can!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024