Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kasey Palmer Abused 14:28 - Jan 21 with 4809 viewsRhonddaSwans

Why can't people go 90mins in a stadium without being idiots?
Being OUR former player we should all be supporting the strongest punishment possible.

Honestly people should leave that crap at home.

Racism is never going to be deleted, as there are racists of all colours.
Fifa are now talking about the team with the idiots in the stand will forfeit the game.

Can't we all just agree to leave it at home, It also shows that these vertue signalling campaigns don't mean anything.

I honestly think if it could cost 3 points then any idiot wouldn't leave that stadium un scathed.

Then they go on to launch a bottle that hit one of their own black players.
Me personally if I was a black player then I here my own fans being like this I would want out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12988629/Footage-reveals-grou
[Post edited 21 Jan 14:33]

Poll: what is more Exciting

Kasey Palmer Abused on 22:59 - Jan 22 with 740 viewsjackrmee

Kasey Palmer Abused on 17:59 - Jan 22 by SullutaCreturned

A man walks into his bedroom carrying a sheep. His wife looks horrified...
"See? See what I have to bang when you're not in the mood?"

The sheep says "Myyyyyyyy god. You weren't lying..."

Anyway, 100% support for Kasey, YJB. I won't mention the elephant in the room, there's been quite enough about animals on this thread and it should stay on topic.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Kasey Palmer Abused on 23:30 - Jan 22 with 724 viewsSTID2017

Kasey Palmer Abused on 22:04 - Jan 22 by ReslovenSwan1

You seem upset that actions by fans in the east Stand and by Welsh national team supporter are determined by the law as practicing.

"racially aggravated disorderly behaviour".

Swansea city have claimed zero tolerance while big numbers of fans are sing illegal racist chants. These are not proud people and lack self respect. They "own" a racial slur and engage with English fans in these slurs.

As you have been informed many times, the authorities cannot act against a crowd of several hundred people shouting abuse to an unidentified target.
If I stood at the front of the stand and shouted at a linesman "You fat, ugly, bald, short barsteward" then I can be identified as directing abuse at an individual.
If however I sat in a crowd of several hundred and joined in with a chant of "English Barstewards, always cheating" then
A) The target is unidentifiable
B) The police / stewards / club are unable/unwilling to act upon a large group as the burden of proof is upon them to identify me as an individual and prove I committed the abuse.
C) It is highly unlikely ( to the point of 99.9% IMHO ) that anyone from the opposition club or their supporters would be so narrow minded to report it as having offended them

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Kasey Palmer Abused on 00:59 - Jan 23 with 702 viewsRhonddaSwans

Kasey Palmer Abused on 11:13 - Jan 22 by andrew

Why is it only when black players get abuse there is uproar, but people abuse nearly all white players and hardly anything gets said. Why is abusing someone because they’re black any worse than abusing Harry Kane for his lisp?

Andrew it is our ex player and it doesn't really come close mate.

Kasey is our ex player.

If you had said KASEY YOU ARE SHIT,
That would be ok When you say you mention colour or a trope you pass a line.

Had a black mate once who told me call me a c-_t ,but not a black c+-t.

Believe it or not they are like us mate have the same values and the British blacks face the same problems we do.

This isn't an argument of who gets it worse as being White and working class can be as hard.
The system is anti White + Black.
These culture wars are tearing the very fabric of our society apart.

We all went through covid after it all we have had are lunatics driving a wedge.

But come on bro when we are at the football there needs to be a gentleman code.
If you don't like this or that leave it at home.

But without these chats we do not grow.

I appreciate it took guts there Andrew 🫡.
This is the conversation I was hoping for.

Kasey Palmer Abused on 01:06 - Jan 23 with 701 viewsRhonddaSwans

Kasey Palmer Abused on 14:54 - Jan 22 by Flashberryjack

I'm all for supporting Kasey Palmer against racism, as long as we don't revert to taking Knee bollox.

I agree with you it doesn't work that goes to far the other way and causes devision.

We all need to just agree not to be dick heads and call it out if we see it.

I am sick of the far left aswell

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:05 - Jan 23 with 612 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kasey Palmer Abused on 23:30 - Jan 22 by STID2017

As you have been informed many times, the authorities cannot act against a crowd of several hundred people shouting abuse to an unidentified target.
If I stood at the front of the stand and shouted at a linesman "You fat, ugly, bald, short barsteward" then I can be identified as directing abuse at an individual.
If however I sat in a crowd of several hundred and joined in with a chant of "English Barstewards, always cheating" then
A) The target is unidentifiable
B) The police / stewards / club are unable/unwilling to act upon a large group as the burden of proof is upon them to identify me as an individual and prove I committed the abuse.
C) It is highly unlikely ( to the point of 99.9% IMHO ) that anyone from the opposition club or their supporters would be so narrow minded to report it as having offended them

The three stage rule is in place for referees as far as I know.

It seems the leagues are loathe to go down this route. Football authorities lack backbone and have let a lot of things slip with poor judgement.

They are by inaction and weakness handing over responsibility to the players themselves. This is what they did with the BLM business. They did nothing then came to the party too late having not done their homework. Over paid and weak.

Ideally the referee would be in control of the situation. Not sure if that happened in Milan.
[Post edited 23 Jan 20:23]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Kasey Palmer Abused on 00:08 - Jan 25 with 495 viewsSTID2017

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:05 - Jan 23 by ReslovenSwan1

The three stage rule is in place for referees as far as I know.

It seems the leagues are loathe to go down this route. Football authorities lack backbone and have let a lot of things slip with poor judgement.

They are by inaction and weakness handing over responsibility to the players themselves. This is what they did with the BLM business. They did nothing then came to the party too late having not done their homework. Over paid and weak.

Ideally the referee would be in control of the situation. Not sure if that happened in Milan.
[Post edited 23 Jan 20:23]

You seem to have discussed everything except what I posted.
My point simply put is that when several hundred or thousand people chant or sing something like the S/S song then the authorities cannot and will not single out individuals for doing so.
Also no one as far as I know ( and certainly not enough people ) have complained to any steward, police or the club and asked them to engage with those singing it
As an example an individual near me last Saturday stood up and started singing a song including expletives about England.
He was asked several times by those around him to refrain from swearing.
When he refused a member of the public near me went to a steward.
The stewards then came and moved him (I believe he was ejected)
So perhaps if you are near someone singing chants you find offensive, report them to the steward or police and see if it is deemed actionable?
I think the answer will be no

Kasey Palmer Abused on 14:11 - Jan 25 with 427 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kasey Palmer Abused on 00:08 - Jan 25 by STID2017

You seem to have discussed everything except what I posted.
My point simply put is that when several hundred or thousand people chant or sing something like the S/S song then the authorities cannot and will not single out individuals for doing so.
Also no one as far as I know ( and certainly not enough people ) have complained to any steward, police or the club and asked them to engage with those singing it
As an example an individual near me last Saturday stood up and started singing a song including expletives about England.
He was asked several times by those around him to refrain from swearing.
When he refused a member of the public near me went to a steward.
The stewards then came and moved him (I believe he was ejected)
So perhaps if you are near someone singing chants you find offensive, report them to the steward or police and see if it is deemed actionable?
I think the answer will be no

Singing bad things about the English in an agresssive manner is unacceptable and actionable. This is correct.

We live in a culture where anti Welsh things such as bestially accusations are deemed acceptable or as you call it 'non actionable'. It is an historical anomaly and must end. The club pleads 'zero tolerance'.

The poll proves the "we love bestiality" chanting is not well received by 50% of fans, (not surprisingly). The police do action the law if a directly applied to themselves not other Welsh people.

You appear to want to allow racist chanting which is a point of view people can have, but it is out of kilter with modern society. It resonates with a time when the atmosphere in games was toxic and families kept their children away.
[Post edited 25 Jan 14:16]

Kasey Palmer Abused on 16:22 - Jan 25 with 400 viewsSTID2017

Kasey Palmer Abused on 14:11 - Jan 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Singing bad things about the English in an agresssive manner is unacceptable and actionable. This is correct.

We live in a culture where anti Welsh things such as bestially accusations are deemed acceptable or as you call it 'non actionable'. It is an historical anomaly and must end. The club pleads 'zero tolerance'.

The poll proves the "we love bestiality" chanting is not well received by 50% of fans, (not surprisingly). The police do action the law if a directly applied to themselves not other Welsh people.

You appear to want to allow racist chanting which is a point of view people can have, but it is out of kilter with modern society. It resonates with a time when the atmosphere in games was toxic and families kept their children away.
[Post edited 25 Jan 14:16]

If you bothered to read my posts I condemn racism and discrimination in any form.
My point is which you have been told but are ignoring is that the chant is not in itself illegal and as it is sung by many people at one time and to an indistinguishable target, it is not actionable.
It has nothing to do with the abuse suffered by Kasey Palmer, which is the point of this thread.
Try and stay on point

Login to get fewer ads

Kasey Palmer Abused on 17:24 - Jan 25 with 379 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kasey Palmer Abused on 16:22 - Jan 25 by STID2017

If you bothered to read my posts I condemn racism and discrimination in any form.
My point is which you have been told but are ignoring is that the chant is not in itself illegal and as it is sung by many people at one time and to an indistinguishable target, it is not actionable.
It has nothing to do with the abuse suffered by Kasey Palmer, which is the point of this thread.
Try and stay on point

It is racist filth which you tolerate as so do many other Welsh football fans. Your words are contradictory.

The Cymru fans went to the World cup 2022 and started chanting and informing the World that we (The Welsh) were "into bestiality". They were a national disgrace.

This was when the First minister went out there to encourage investment from Qatar. This must have thought whats the point?

EUFA as I have as I have explained have a protocol for dealing with racist chanting irrespective if the target is in general or one particular player. The club have a fake "zero tolerance" policy as the East Stand and visiting fans have been allowed to sing racist songs without sanction. It seems a large number of Swansea fans object to this chanting based on the Swansea independent poll.

The chanting is actionable if Swansea city football club have principles, live up to their words and have courage of their convictions. They have the tools and from the vote support off a large proportion of the fan base.

Kasey Palmer Abused on 18:40 - Jan 25 with 350 viewsSTID2017

Kasey Palmer Abused on 17:24 - Jan 25 by ReslovenSwan1

It is racist filth which you tolerate as so do many other Welsh football fans. Your words are contradictory.

The Cymru fans went to the World cup 2022 and started chanting and informing the World that we (The Welsh) were "into bestiality". They were a national disgrace.

This was when the First minister went out there to encourage investment from Qatar. This must have thought whats the point?

EUFA as I have as I have explained have a protocol for dealing with racist chanting irrespective if the target is in general or one particular player. The club have a fake "zero tolerance" policy as the East Stand and visiting fans have been allowed to sing racist songs without sanction. It seems a large number of Swansea fans object to this chanting based on the Swansea independent poll.

The chanting is actionable if Swansea city football club have principles, live up to their words and have courage of their convictions. They have the tools and from the vote support off a large proportion of the fan base.

"racist
coming from or having the belief that people who belong to other races are not as good, intelligent, moral, etc. as people who belong to your own race"
A definition from The Cambridge Dictionary online.
How by singing the S/S song are our fans declaring themselves to be better than those from other countries ?
So does not meet the definition of being racist.
Where as the abuse Kacey suffered was undoubtedly racist.
As for tolerating it, I would say it doesnt upset or humour me.
May I ask as you are clearly so upset by it, have you reported it to stewards, officials of the club and/or the police ?
And what was their response ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024