Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most over-rated players at the Rs 21:49 - Jan 24 with 10135 viewsstainrods_elbow

Rob Steiner. Gerry loved him inexplicably, but I thought he was pony. Six goals in a couple of dozen games, and only 100 odd games in his whole (albeit injury-curtailed) career. I rest my case.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 11:49 - Jan 25 with 2270 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 07:22 - Jan 25 by stevec

Michael Mancienne.

Good player when things were going well, but the heart of a pea when things weren't going great.

Didn't he get a England cap?
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 12:13 - Jan 25 with 2186 viewskingsburyR

Somehow he made 144 appearances for us ......and is now a goal keeping coach at AC Milan!!!

I doff my cap to the man!

Still never rated him mind.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 13:07 - Jan 25 with 2112 viewsmart_Goblin

Interesting topic. Obviously not enough inner fighting this week for the OG poster 😉

It’s strange and slightly pathetic and hypocritical of me that I get offended by people slagging off my old team mates but I cant help it . I was only saying on another thread that criticism is part of a footballers job and it is .

But in for a penny and in for a pound .

Never my team mate but I was his apprentice between 91 and 93 but I’ll go Simon Barker .
The late 80’s I missed a lot of Rangers as I was playing matches myself so I do understand that when I was there full time he was maybe slightly passed his best but I just didn’t get it . Struggled passing from A to B a lot and gave the ball away so often .
Had the ridiculous and stupid nickname of ‘Lame-on’ in the youth team dressing room because most of us thought he was terrible .
Not as terrible as giving nicknames it seems
[Post edited 25 Jan 13:10]
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 14:43 - Jan 25 with 1989 viewsActonExile

I know some of you like him and some think it's not his fault and the service is bad, blah blah, but Skippy is not a kangaroo he is definitely a donkey who is pony.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 14:51 - Jan 25 with 1968 viewswestberksr

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 21:56 - Jan 24 by numptydumpty

I think although he was a complete headcase, Joey Barton was also just an average midfield player.

All.the baggage that came.with him, tended to over shadow the reality that he was just simply ok and nothing that special

that's almost overstating his limited ability. Especially when you throw into the equation how much the tvvat was getting paid.

when we look at 'over rated' or similar; their price and salary should be a big factor.

but he definitely over rated himself and continues to do so to this day; the knob
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 15:08 - Jan 25 with 1952 viewswestberksr

Ned Zelic when he arrived looked to be the answer to the question; but a month later nobody remembered what the question was. Over rated for about a week...

still can't believe we spunked the Les money primarily on him and Hately (were the crutches thrown in as part of the deal)
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 15:28 - Jan 25 with 1931 viewsPetros

I thought Gary Bannister was overrated but he kept scoring goals.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 15:50 - Jan 25 with 1908 viewsJimthehip

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 21:56 - Jan 24 by numptydumpty

I think although he was a complete headcase, Joey Barton was also just an average midfield player.

All.the baggage that came.with him, tended to over shadow the reality that he was just simply ok and nothing that special

I agree.

When you strip the nonsense and drama away, I actually think he was at best a very good championship midfielder/Premier league squad player.
Login to get fewer ads

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 16:00 - Jan 25 with 1885 viewsQueeg

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 15:28 - Jan 25 by Petros

Ive logged in specifically to down vote this comment. Banner was my first ever favourite Rangers player, loved the dude.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 16:22 - Jan 25 with 1848 viewsGaryBannister86

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 15:28 - Jan 25 by Petros

"He made 168 appearances for QPR scoring 66 goals in his three and a half seasons with them. Highlights included two hat-tricks against Chelsea. The first came in the 6–0 demolition of their local rivals on 31 March 1986 at Loftus Road and the second in the 3–1 win on 12 September 1987 also at Loftus Road"

Yeah, I mean, overrated. Or complete legend.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 19:43 - Jan 25 with 1716 viewsGroveR

Sandro.

I mean what the actual fĂčck? I thought he was shĂŹt at Spurs but I knew Spurs fans who were disconsolate when he came to us. A West Brom fan said to me when we binned him off to them "you don't get caps for Brazil if you're no good" - well unless you're Rotherham, Sandro was an utterly pedestrian midfielder who stole a very good living.

Good at guitar by all accounts though.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 19:48 - Jan 25 with 1707 viewsconnell10

I thought Ray Wilkins was over-rated .....dons hard hat...

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 22:51 - Jan 25 with 1582 viewsPBLOCK

Gary Bannister over rated behave!

If we were in the Prem now and his was banging in goals like he did then he would be ÂŁ40/50 million quid and would get England caps

Can’t agree on Parejo either he was so far ahead of what we had was 18 years old in a foreign country you could tell he was very good but the other players weren’t on his wave length

My offering is Nedum Onuoha. Loved by many on here but for me picked up a lot of money while here and was middling to average in my opinion. Was super quick, built like a Cruiser weight boxer but was weak as, a lot of the time. His first touch was terrible and played a huge part in getting us down to 10 men in the play off final

Comes across as a decent guy and quite intelligent but I didn’t see what some did
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 23:46 - Jan 25 with 1517 viewsnumptydumpty

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 19:48 - Jan 25 by connell10

You not serious with that comment connell??

Top man was Ray. Great player. A class apart.

I wasn't keen when he came but boy did he change my mind about him and he was the ultimate in decency and professionalism.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 01:50 - Jan 26 with 1473 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Perhaps a controversial choice but I give you Ákos Buzsåky. Don't get me wrong, I liked the guy, but nicknaming him "The White Pelé" was OTT.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 05:46 - Jan 26 with 1421 viewsHillAndDerry

He’s responsible for an iconic moment, but it’s Bobby Zamora for me. Had he missed that chance against Derby, he’d be remembered as a failure. Frequently injured, immobile and a poor scoring record for us. I also recall him getting sent off for a karate kick in a vital Premiership relegation six-pointer when we were winning, costing us the match. Might have been against Wolves.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 07:28 - Jan 26 with 1372 viewsGaryBannister86

You don't need a hard hat, you need a brain transplant! Wilkins overrated, what a joke. Absolute class. Unless you are young and only started watching him when he was still playing himself at 72 or whatever it was.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 10:11 - Jan 26 with 1307 viewsShotKneesHoop

I’d managed to forget “Max Wall” Hateley, so may I add him below r’SWiPe - but above all the others.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 10:29 - Jan 26 with 1276 viewsdenhamhoop2

Leroy Fer Matt Phillips most of that team Tjaonn Cherry disappeared from too many games for me
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 10:35 - Jan 26 with 1264 viewsCateLeBonR

Another vote for Akos Buszaky I’m afraid. Great song though.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 10:41 - Jan 26 with 1255 viewsHoopinEssex

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 08:06 - Jan 25 by ThaiHoop

This is probably going to get me slaughtered but I think Chair may come into this category.

I like him and won't deny he's one of our better players now (arguably our best) but in the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king.

I think if he goes to the prem he'll get found out big time......he's not even close to Eze who he seems to get compared to by some when talking about his value.

Off to put my tin hat on!! đŸ«Ł

No tin hat at all. I agree.

Mentioning him in the same breath as Eze is laughable.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 10:49 - Jan 26 with 1240 viewsrbee

You had a bet this morning didn't you that you could accumulate fifty minus ratings!

In 1995 many Journo's were calling for Ray to be recalled to the England squad and I remember another Journo imploring folk to head down to Loftus Road to see Ray play whilst they still had the chance.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 10:57 - Jan 26 with 1223 viewsPindarus

Ian Gillard. His right leg was only there to stop him falling over. No pace. How he ever got into the England team amazed me, until he was cruelly exposed by some speedy foreign winger.
Dave Clement exuded class, had a cracking shot yet gained fewer caps.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 11:54 - Feb 1 with 942 viewsDannyPaddox

Michi Frey, lauded as the best thing to come out of Switzerland since temazepam flavoured Toblerone. The jury’s out but IMHO he needs to start putting the ball in the net.

Seriously 
. seriously? Akos Buszaky!? Take his name out of your mouths Cait n Benny. In a barren decade and more of bleakness the man was an oasis of footballing excellence. Like many an R he was unlucky with injuries but in hindsight he was the sublime Hors d'oeuvre before the main meal - a big plate of Adel Terrorbat.
Most over-rated players at the Rs on 12:56 - Feb 1 with 856 viewsjohnhoop

Most over-rated players at the Rs on 10:57 - Jan 26 by Pindarus

Ian Gillard. His right leg was only there to stop him falling over. No pace. How he ever got into the England team amazed me, until he was cruelly exposed by some speedy foreign winger.
Dave Clement exuded class, had a cracking shot yet gained fewer caps.

The speedy foreign winger was the exceptionally tricky Marian Masny of Czechoslovakia who left Gillard floundering and scored twice to put England out in a 1975 European Nations Cup qualifier.
In the English League, against less outstanding opposition, Gillard was a very solid defender.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024