Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] 18:42 - Feb 2 with 3977 viewsQJumpingJack

Andy Coleman speaking live about the transfer window.

The programme notes have been published and he has admitted not all transfers came off but the squad is now stronger with the three new additions.
[Post edited 2 Feb 18:46]
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 05:10 - Feb 3 with 1166 viewsBillyChong

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 21:13 - Feb 2 by ReslovenSwan1

It has been reported he has via the USA based LLP has put his own money into the club. I respect that. He puts his money where his mouth is in a club in a far away place i a far away land.

I suspect it will be quite sizable. If he has put in say £300k or more it is more than the 1000 person fans group ever have.

They put in £200k in 2002 and nothing since. They are the appointed "protectors of the faith". The dodged the Convertible loan note CLN and are content to see their 21% ownership to drift to 5% to avoid putting their hands into the pocket for anything at all.

£1m in the bank doing zlitch just wasting away due to inflation. Once the 5% is achieved get out the deck chairs. That deal was great news for the fellow travellers on the easy ossey.

Anger is not a bad trait sometimes.

Coleman's investment in Swansea is probably bigger than any living Welshman. Speculation of course.

That’s a completely pointless comparison post:

1) Any investment made by Coleman is well hidden away (purposely) behind the LLP
2) Coleman is being paid for his role - no doubt big bucks. A guaranteed return on investment which no one else (including the Trust) is getting from the club
3) For someone who harps on about inflation your Trust £200k in 2002 to an example of Coleman investing £300k recently is rather silly
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 07:56 - Feb 3 with 1104 viewsPawelAbbott

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 20:33 - Feb 2 by QJumpingJack

he is hinting that our recruitment and data process was being built from scratch last Summer which makes you wonder what has been going on after the last few years???

They have been working with the University for years on the Sports Analysis side.
The recruitment might be new under Watson but the previous DoFs had systems in place.
It sounds like the Tories claiming that they aren't responsible for the mess left by their previous leader.
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 08:16 - Feb 3 with 1083 viewsWhiterockin

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 05:10 - Feb 3 by BillyChong

1) Any investment made by Coleman is well hidden away (purposely) behind the LLP
2) Coleman is being paid for his role - no doubt big bucks. A guaranteed return on investment which no one else (including the Trust) is getting from the club
3) For someone who harps on about inflation your Trust £200k in 2002 to an example of Coleman investing £300k recently is rather silly

Plus there is never a mention of what the original investment by the Americans is worth now. In the region of a 50% drop due to reinvestment to purchase more shares and the dilution that comes with it, added to the drop in value of the club.
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 08:55 - Feb 3 with 1050 viewspete

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 18:50 - Feb 2 by Whiterockin

He has been planning this show for months, the first 55 minutes will be silence followed by 5 minutes of complete BS.

missed it anywhere i can listen to it?
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 09:06 - Feb 3 with 1042 viewsBoundy

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 08:55 - Feb 3 by pete

missed it anywhere i can listen to it?

I hour 24 minutes onwards

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001vr61

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 09:11 - Feb 3 with 1038 viewspete

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 09:06 - Feb 3 by Boundy

thank you Boundy
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 09:54 - Feb 3 with 987 viewspete

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 09:06 - Feb 3 by Boundy

just listened to it and again thank you Boundy,
For me Andy Robinson spoke well and said it as it as it is poor window for Swansea, basicly no REAL quality 2 unknowns and a free transfer, I am hoping that the 3 lads in time will improve the squad, the pace will help am sure and wish the 3 newcomers all the best ,
I may be wrong but the lad from Arsenal contract ends in the summer so he could be here "on trial" so to speak
the windows in the past have proven that there is no real ambition was and to a point still hoping the current chairman wil turn things around he must be feeling the anger that is deffinatly about, I will ask each and every supporter not to include his family in any criticim and treat them with respect that you would want your family to have as that is not the swansea way
Now come on lads 3 points today and lets make the other teams start to worry about us
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 10:28 - Feb 3 with 943 viewsKeithHaynes

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 08:16 - Feb 3 by Whiterockin

Plus there is never a mention of what the original investment by the Americans is worth now. In the region of a 50% drop due to reinvestment to purchase more shares and the dilution that comes with it, added to the drop in value of the club.

The hard questions never get asked.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 10:37 - Feb 3 with 926 viewsWhiterockin

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 10:28 - Feb 3 by KeithHaynes

The hard questions never get asked.

We do Keith but never get the answers, if there is nothing to hide I wonder why.

EDIT
I agree that the hard questions are never asked by those in a position to do so directly.
[Post edited 3 Feb 10:49]
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 12:15 - Feb 3 with 840 viewsonehunglow

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 21:48 - Feb 2 by max936

That's ironic from you. you are always backing the yanks and the sellouts, its a constant theme of yours, every time something is said against them up you pop.

Your middle name must be predicable

We should all feel entitled .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 12:37 - Feb 3 with 826 viewsmax936

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 12:15 - Feb 3 by onehunglow

We should all feel entitled .

You don't count, you're a flag waver living upcountry

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 12:39 - Feb 3 with 827 viewsshaggyrogers

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 21:08 - Feb 2 by PrettySheetyCity

I thought Chris and Rob asked the right questions and put Coleman under pressure. The reaction on Twitter is as expected. The teenagers have all come out with abuse aimed at the BBC because they expected two respected legitimate journalists to shout down Coleman, which was never going to happen.

I listened to the Mehmet Dalman interview (I can't believe I am about to write this...) and thought he was refreshingly honest about Profit & Sustainability Rules and how the EFL govern as regulator, so it was naturally disappointing to hear Coleman go into full evasion mode and give nothing answers.

What I will say is that the part about the data team and scouting network was interesting and, if true, extremely concerning. I'll give him credit for building those departments back up, but there's a reason why they were in a story state, and that's because they were neglected for years by our majority owners.

Your last paragraph is interesting as awhile back i heard that angel Russ took more than a couple of staff with him. Scouts and analysts were mentioned. In all over 10 staff left with him. For some reason that has been kept quiet. This might be the reason they needed building up
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 14:00 - Feb 3 with 778 viewsonehunglow

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 12:37 - Feb 3 by max936

You don't count, you're a flag waver living upcountry

lol.
I don’t go to home games too.

Every fan is entitled to honestly ,integrity and efficiency. Hell,even managers that know their arse from their elbow
Entitled.?
Not enough of us feel that way

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 14:13 - Feb 3 with 762 viewsReslovenSwan1

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 05:10 - Feb 3 by BillyChong

His investment is a private matter and that is the way he wants it. It is stated it is substantial. That is all I need to know.

He is paid to do a job and is putting his best effort into it.

There is no guaranteed return on his investment. (he is paid to do a job).

The comparison is reasonable because over the last 20 year inflation has been historically low. (around 3%). This means the £200k in 2002 can be compared with a (say) £300k today.

However over the last year or to Inflation has gone up the the Trust needed to take action. They are too busy doing a registrar of attendees for no good purpose instead it seems. People play £10 for that?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 19:03 - Feb 3 with 692 viewsQJumpingJack

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 14:13 - Feb 3 by ReslovenSwan1

His investment is a private matter and that is the way he wants it. It is stated it is substantial. That is all I need to know.

The comparison is reasonable because over the last 20 year inflation has been historically low. (around 3%). This means the £200k in 2002 can be compared with a (say) £300k today.

However over the last year or to Inflation has gone up the the Trust needed to take action. They are too busy doing a registrar of attendees for no good purpose instead it seems. People play £10 for that?

have you listened to the interview from last night?

Andy seems a nice guy but I am not sure he will be successful at the club - there have been too many mistakes in such a short period of time which is not too surprising due to his lack of experience
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 19:22 - Feb 3 with 664 viewsmax936

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 19:03 - Feb 3 by QJumpingJack

have you listened to the interview from last night?

Andy seems a nice guy but I am not sure he will be successful at the club - there have been too many mistakes in such a short period of time which is not too surprising due to his lack of experience

Wasting your time butty, honestly.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 19:59 - Feb 3 with 647 viewsBillyChong

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 14:13 - Feb 3 by ReslovenSwan1

If he invested £300k as you suggest, and is paid £100k a year of course it’s a ROII.

As you often claim about money sat in the bank, not invested etc. £200k back then compared to £300k now is a massive difference.
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 20:10 - Feb 3 with 637 viewsWhiterockin

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 19:59 - Feb 3 by BillyChong

If he invested £300k as you suggest, and is paid £100k a year of course it’s a ROII.

As you often claim about money sat in the bank, not invested etc. £200k back then compared to £300k now is a massive difference.

No way in the world would he move his family over here for £2K a week.
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 20:11 - Feb 3 with 635 viewsonehunglow

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 20:10 - Feb 3 by Whiterockin

No way in the world would he move his family over here for £2K a week.

Dead right

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 20:16 - Feb 3 with 624 viewsBillyChong

Exactly. He’s on to a winner whatever nonsense he’s apparently put behind the mysteriously hidden yank LLC.
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 21:04 - Feb 3 with 588 viewsmajorraglan

I’d be sceptical that he’d be on £100k per annum and reckon it’s well north of that figure. If he’s brought his family and children across, then renting a house, school fees etc etc I reckon it’s at least double.

According to a Daily Mail article going back to 2020, the average salary for a Championship Club Chief Executive was £295k plus bonuses.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8262315/Physios-191-000-kit-m
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 21:53 - Feb 3 with 564 viewsBillyChong

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 21:04 - Feb 3 by majorraglan

I’d be sceptical that he’d be on £100k per annum and reckon it’s well north of that figure. If he’s brought his family and children across, then renting a house, school fees etc etc I reckon it’s at least double.

According to a Daily Mail article going back to 2020, the average salary for a Championship Club Chief Executive was £295k plus bonuses.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8262315/Physios-191-000-kit-m

Yep, exactly.
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 23:22 - Feb 3 with 515 viewsReslovenSwan1

He has made a substantial investment in the LLC and the LLC have put a few million into the club.

He is paid by the club and a proportion of his wages is his own investment money. Swansea fans have waited 22 years for investment and now it has arrived. They are still not happy.

Swansea need to be braver and play Kukharevic and the wingers. He looked a beast to me in a short cameo. If the rapier does not work try a broadsword.

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 23:26 - Feb 3 with 517 viewsBillyChong

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 23:22 - Feb 3 by ReslovenSwan1

He has made a substantial investment in the LLC and the LLC have put a few million into the club.

He is paid by the club and a proportion of his wages is his own investment money. Swansea fans have waited 22 years for investment and now it has arrived. They are still not happy.

Swansea need to be braver and play Kukharevic and the wingers. He looked a beast to me in a short cameo. If the rapier does not work try a broadsword.

So how much is substantial? No ones knows. It’s all hidden behind black curtains across the pond.

Either way his investment is being offset/repaid by his salary. So he is seeing a return on investment. The only investor seeing a return.
Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 23:55 - Feb 3 with 504 viewsReslovenSwan1

Tonight: Radio Wales from 8pm [Andy Coleman] on 23:26 - Feb 3 by BillyChong

So how much is substantial? No ones knows. It’s all hidden behind black curtains across the pond.

Either way his investment is being offset/repaid by his salary. So he is seeing a return on investment. The only investor seeing a return.

A return of an investment is a passive gain. For example I happily won £500 on premium bonds last week and did not have to do a thing to get it. I bought 1000 bonds and waited. I got a return.

He is doing a job for Swansea. It is not a return. He had to interrupt his supper at 820 pm to talk to Rob Phillips.

H has to learn and learn p fast. This main thing is can he rely on watson to f do a good job. Ronald looks a real good find. More of these are needed. Kukharevic good be a real good long term signing.

Swansea have a problem. The club does not like players who score goals. Kukharevic could be the new Gyorkeres. Thrown out too early.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024