Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential points deduction 07:56 - May 29 with 3118 viewsMytchettSaint

Do I remember correctly but….

Were Leicester due to have a points deduction for breach of FFP rules for a previous premier league season?

Can anyone confirm this or am I imagining this happened?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Potential points deduction on 08:24 - May 29 with 2855 viewsPatfromPoole

Aye.

Anything between 6 and 15 points depending on who you listen to.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Potential points deduction on 10:03 - May 29 with 2764 viewsChesham_Saint

Potential points deduction on 08:24 - May 29 by PatfromPoole

Aye.

Anything between 6 and 15 points depending on who you listen to.

Pat, that sounds just like you delivered that reply in the voice of Private Fraser. Love it!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Potential points deduction on 02:29 - May 30 with 2548 viewsScoot

Everton and forest are still in the dodo as well apparently. Both need to sell to make amends.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Potential points deduction on 09:19 - May 30 with 2480 viewssaint901

I think Leicester, Everton, Forest and City all have potential points deductions waiting to be applied.

That puts the PL in a bind.

They will not blink to throw the first three under the bus but they know that tangling with City will be a long, expensive and damaging affair.

What would the other leagues think if the PL applied say a 30/40 point deduction that saw City relegated?

What would happen if City decided to leave the PL and set up a European Super League (inevitable in my view)?

What message would be sent to other oil rich sovereign funds looking to buy reputation in Europe?

I can already smell a whiff of compromise and perhaps even corruption in which the PL "reset" the P&S rules and forgive all past transgressions.
Potential points deduction on 12:18 - May 30 with 2396 viewssolent_toffee

Potential points deduction on 09:19 - May 30 by saint901

I think Leicester, Everton, Forest and City all have potential points deductions waiting to be applied.

That puts the PL in a bind.

They will not blink to throw the first three under the bus but they know that tangling with City will be a long, expensive and damaging affair.

What would the other leagues think if the PL applied say a 30/40 point deduction that saw City relegated?

What would happen if City decided to leave the PL and set up a European Super League (inevitable in my view)?

What message would be sent to other oil rich sovereign funds looking to buy reputation in Europe?

I can already smell a whiff of compromise and perhaps even corruption in which the PL "reset" the P&S rules and forgive all past transgressions.

Everton’s point deduction, if any, would relate to last season as two of the three years have been accounted for. That would see then get a point or two at best. Wolves and Villa will also have to sell this summer to avoid being in breach.

Didn’t Saints make a big loss in the relegation season? That would be taken into account too.

Any punishment will depend on what little Dickie Masters feels like whilst he turns a blinds eye to City and Chelsea.

Isn’t the Premier League fun?
Potential points deduction on 12:28 - May 30 with 2373 viewssaints__fan__73

Wonder if we will get a points deduction next season? The last 2 season's financial losses must make us a candidate.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Potential points deduction on 14:45 - May 30 with 2284 viewsLondonSaint76

Potential points deduction on 12:28 - May 30 by saints__fan__73

Wonder if we will get a points deduction next season? The last 2 season's financial losses must make us a candidate.

I think we should be OK as it is a rolling three year period and in that time we will have had a better season prior to the two bad ones then 12 months on a much better season after the two bad ones. Bear in mind we had a nine figure income from player sales plus the parachute payment which is a real plus point now we have gone straight back up. The PP (first year) equates to more than some cartel clubs earn from the Champions League in a season so that helps. We also shifted some high wage earners off of the books. JWP was £5m a year hfor starters. The other factor is how well structured the transfer fee payments were and/or the lengths of contracts the waste of money players we panic purchased were on as you only have to declare an equal percentage of the purchase price per financial period over the duration of the contract. So, if Ocanuchu was £20m and on a 4 year contract we would only show £5m of the purchase price on the 22/23 season’s books and another £5m on the 23/24 season’s books ect… That’s why Chelsea were signing expensive players on 8 and even 10 year contracts until either UEFA or FIFA put a stop to it - now 5 years max. It might be close but I think what we managed to shift out the door permanently by September plus the PP will see us through.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Potential points deduction on 14:51 - May 30 with 2274 viewssledger

i think the fact that guadiola is rumoured to be leaving when his contract finishes at the end of the season is telling.He said he would if city were found guilty
Login to get fewer ads

Potential points deduction on 14:53 - May 30 with 2270 viewssaint22

What I don’t get is how they get promoted on the back of benefiting from over spending
Why weren’t they deducted last season
Potential points deduction on 15:13 - May 30 with 2246 viewsPatfromPoole

Potential points deduction on 14:53 - May 30 by saint22

What I don’t get is how they get promoted on the back of benefiting from over spending
Why weren’t they deducted last season

Guess it depends on when the accounts were publicly filed.

Clubs in trouble are obviously not going to be in a rush to file them.....

Potential points deduction on 15:50 - May 30 with 2223 viewssaint901

Potential points deduction on 15:13 - May 30 by PatfromPoole

No, I think they're all obliged to file at the same time, but some don't.

It seems pretty clear that City and Chelsea and perhaps Newcastle have leaned on wealthy owners who have responded with inflated "sponsorship" deals which are way over the market rate.

Liverpool, Man U, Spurs have all had - by their standards - average seasons because they have been unable to recruit top names.

Perhaps the best example of how to have a good team and stay in the rules is Arsenal.

The PL will find a fix. Literally a fix. Clubs like the above will all get a free pass whereas "smaller" clubs will be sacrificed.
Potential points deduction on 16:26 - May 30 with 2189 viewssolent_toffee

Potential points deduction on 15:50 - May 30 by saint901

It seems pretty clear that City and Chelsea and perhaps Newcastle have leaned on wealthy owners who have responded with inflated "sponsorship" deals which are way over the market rate.

Liverpool, Man U, Spurs have all had - by their standards - average seasons because they have been unable to recruit top names.

Perhaps the best example of how to have a good team and stay in the rules is Arsenal.

The PL will find a fix. Literally a fix. Clubs like the above will all get a free pass whereas "smaller" clubs will be sacrificed.

Chelsea got around PSR last season by selling a hotel to themselves and putting it through the books.

Seems fair enough to me.
Potential points deduction on 17:00 - May 30 with 2141 viewssaint22

Potential points deduction on 15:13 - May 30 by PatfromPoole

Of course but this was announced before the end of the efl season so why the delay?
Potential points deduction on 20:54 - May 30 with 2015 viewsLondonSaint76

This is just one of 115 charges against City
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12248483/amp/Manchester-City-

Probably the biggest stitch up has to be their inflated 10 year stadium naming / shirt deal with Etihad Airways that was put through the books at £400m when a directly comparable deal with Arsenal by rival airline Fly Emirates for 15 years, not 10 years, was for around £90m. The clear assertion is that through funding from third parties the Emirates deal has been over inflated massively by background funding City under the guise of the Emirates deal - trouble is, try proving it when City say they are co-operating with investigations but are not. The article below is as much about the airline as City so there is a second one below.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakgarnerpurkis/2020/07/27/manchester-citys-infamou

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/city-s-ps400m-etihad

This article is also quite interesting - and in our recent admin restructure didn’t we recruit one of City’s financial team 😮

https://offthepitch.com/a/exclusive-another-manchester-city-sponsor-seemingly-no

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Potential points deduction on 08:49 - May 31 with 1849 viewsareasix

If City had been given 65 points penalty they would have still stayed up!! So fines and points deductions will not be a disaster and they won 4 premierships during that time which will be on record so if they miss it next year they will focus on the cups !
Potential points deduction on 08:51 - May 31 with 1843 viewsPatfromPoole

Potential points deduction on 08:49 - May 31 by areasix

If City had been given 65 points penalty they would have still stayed up!! So fines and points deductions will not be a disaster and they won 4 premierships during that time which will be on record so if they miss it next year they will focus on the cups !

They’ll just get a £500 million fine or something similar, which will be a minor inconvenience to them.

Potential points deduction on 08:55 - May 31 with 1844 viewsareasix

That’s what they should do and share the money into grass roots football and the smaller leagues.
Potential points deduction on 23:35 - May 31 with 1650 viewsSFC_Referee

I do hope that if there’s gonna continue to be loads of points deductions throughout the next few years, they introduce rules that they’ve gotta be given before the season starts and any appeals need to be sorted by a set date, so that we don’t go deep into the season wondering who’ll be on what by the end

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Potential points deduction on 07:13 - Jun 1 with 1591 viewssolent_toffee

Potential points deduction on 08:55 - May 31 by areasix

That’s what they should do and share the money into grass roots football and the smaller leagues.

The snaky six still haven’t coughed up their fines for their breakaway league that was due to go to grassroots football.

And don’t forget both Chelsea and City will take place in the money spinning club World Cup in the states next summer, whilst no doubt pulling out of the domestic cups having got their way about the replays, yet still cry arsing about fixture congestion and player welfare.
Potential points deduction on 13:49 - Jun 1 with 1414 viewsChesham_Saint

Potential points deduction on 07:13 - Jun 1 by solent_toffee

The snaky six still haven’t coughed up their fines for their breakaway league that was due to go to grassroots football.

And don’t forget both Chelsea and City will take place in the money spinning club World Cup in the states next summer, whilst no doubt pulling out of the domestic cups having got their way about the replays, yet still cry arsing about fixture congestion and player welfare.

There is NO excuse (short of another Munich style disaster) for pulling out of the cups. The FA (and others) need to get it into their thick heads that they are mere custodians and they must not debase these competitions as they did when they allowed man u a 'bye' a few years back.

Pulling out of a domestic cup should result in automatic relegation. Also, give the FA Cup winners access to the Champions League - that would give the special 6 something to think about.

Potential points deduction on 17:24 - Jun 1 with 1300 viewssolent_toffee

Potential points deduction on 13:49 - Jun 1 by Chesham_Saint

There is NO excuse (short of another Munich style disaster) for pulling out of the cups. The FA (and others) need to get it into their thick heads that they are mere custodians and they must not debase these competitions as they did when they allowed man u a 'bye' a few years back.

Pulling out of a domestic cup should result in automatic relegation. Also, give the FA Cup winners access to the Champions League - that would give the special 6 something to think about.

The FA and League Cup are thought of in the same way as the Checkatrade to the vast amounts of international ‘fans’ of the cartel, they are all about the PL and CL.

I’d love to see a breakaway from them and have a reset of the national game without these clowns and their tellyclapping followers.
Potential points deduction on 22:47 - Jun 1 with 1213 viewsChesham_Saint

Potential points deduction on 17:24 - Jun 1 by solent_toffee

The FA and League Cup are thought of in the same way as the Checkatrade to the vast amounts of international ‘fans’ of the cartel, they are all about the PL and CL.

I’d love to see a breakaway from them and have a reset of the national game without these clowns and their tellyclapping followers.

As ever, a lot of sense from our Blue Nose mascot…!

Potential points deduction on 11:39 - Jun 2 with 940 viewsJellybaby

A lot of conspiracy in your last statement 901 and absolutely right of course. Football is a microcosm of the real world where the Elites screw over the rest of us.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Potential points deduction on 11:58 - Jun 2 with 925 viewsdirk_doone

English football is shooting itself in the foot with this so-called FFP. Our smaller clubs are being put at an even greater disadvantage while our big clubs are becoming less competitive in Europe.

Real Madrid has dominated European competition by having the biggest debts in world football for years, at one time reaching nearly a billion euros.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Potential points deduction on 18:55 - Jun 2 with 795 viewssledger

methinks the fa doe not know what to do about city with this going back 2010,dozens of clubs waiting on there court day as the lack of points deductions since then has cost them positional tv money,lawyers will be having orgasms over this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024