Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL Cup to become even more of a joke! 14:00 - May 30 with 1253 viewsSFC_Referee

Well I think this may well and truly see many clubs tell those running the cup and the “top 6” to get screwed!
As if this actually did happen then I’d hope clubs would go on strike/play their U18’s in it, as if these teams in Europe don’t have big enough squads and just wanna moan, then how about they just don’t take part in it! Still if these changes go ahead I hope people do something about it

https://talksport.com/football/1899932/carabao-cup-changes-seeding-system-arsena

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

EFL Cup to become even more of a joke! on 09:12 - May 31 with 813 viewsSaintNick

I agree with you, the big clubs are trying to gain every advantage they can, there are 7 big clubs now and they are realising that they cant all get into the Champions League and even Europe these days, they want to keep winning the League cup as the get out of jail free card for Europe

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

EFL Cup to become even more of a joke! on 10:51 - May 31 with 774 viewsStRipper

Totally agree in principle. It's a joke. Though not like they haven't been fixing the draw 8n this way for a while, just like the FA Cup, where they clearly kept the big sides apart for the QFs
EFL Cup to become even more of a joke! on 11:02 - May 31 with 766 viewsSFC_Referee

EFL Cup to become even more of a joke! on 10:51 - May 31 by StRipper

Totally agree in principle. It's a joke. Though not like they haven't been fixing the draw 8n this way for a while, just like the FA Cup, where they clearly kept the big sides apart for the QFs

Well outside of the teams not entering until the 3rd round I don’t know about that…
As there has been many “top 6” clashes early on in the cup, as I’m pretty sure Man City/united had like 3/4 back to back games against opponents from the “top 6”. And they usually meet in the quarters as usually it takes a big team to knock out another one, with them beating most other teams a majority of the time.
As I’d certainly agree that this is it becoming so blatantly favouring of the “top 6” and that it would be ridiculous, but as the stats prove it’s not rigged in the draws themselves for how often they face each other

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

EFL Cup to become even more of a joke! on 11:20 - May 31 with 755 viewsDorsetIan

It would make sense and give the others more of a chance of silverware, if anyone qualifying for a European competition is excluded from the League Cup.

Teams in lower divisions have their own trophies that teams higher up are excluded from, so there's nothing wrong with this as a concept.

And the FA Cup would still be there as the cup comp that everyone is involved in.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

EFL Cup to become even more of a joke! on 12:15 - Jun 3 with 305 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Should scrap it and make it a UK based cup .. would be the closest thing to the hypothetical "what would happen if the Scottish teams were playing in the EPL" which will NEVER happen (in my opinion) and obviously it would still be heavily tilted towards the cash richer clubs .. could be an interesting compromise without any team losing their relative league positions or causing league restructuring etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024