Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meet The Board Tonight 10:15 - Jun 3 with 7042 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/62516/meet-the-board-tonigh

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Meet The Board Tonight on 11:57 - Jun 3 with 5030 viewsSandyman

Amazing to think that almost 3 years ago to the day, several AGM's / EGM's were held in the same room. A quite unprecedented and well documented series of events followed. A long and difficult battle to save the club ensued, and has been won. Tonight marks a significant milestone in the club's history. UP THE DALE!
Meet The Board Tonight on 19:53 - Jun 3 with 4561 viewsDaleiLama

Still keep thinking I'm going to wake up and none of this will have happened. It was all just a cruel dream. But it seems Daleys are allowed nice things after all.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Meet The Board Tonight on 19:57 - Jun 3 with 4534 viewsseasidedale

Thought it was very positive, they all seem capable and have a plan and how to get it, nice to come away from these forums feeling positive for once.
Thanks to someone (couldn’t catch who it was) for asking about the scholars status
Meet The Board Tonight on 21:05 - Jun 3 with 4228 views_Windydale

A great introduction to the new board. I would say we're definitely in safe hands now, buyers appear to be in it for the long term.

Very much an upbeat overview and great to hear all aspects of the club are being thoroughly analysed,. stripped back and rebuilt. Looking into at each areas importance, effect, and value applying funds accordingly. Some might scorn that you can't polish a turd, but you can sprinkle hundreds and thousands on it, and hopefuly its a turd we're all going to be proud of.
[Post edited 3 Jun 21:06]
Meet The Board Tonight on 21:13 - Jun 3 with 4161 viewsJames1980

Read an article on The Athletic about Everton's plight regarding ownership etc. We are very lucky to have owners/board that genuinely have the best interests of the club at heart.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Meet The Board Tonight on 21:46 - Jun 3 with 3964 viewsblackdogblue

You tube stream kept dropping out…

I heard is there a doctor here?? Then it cut to a test card.. back soon..

Hope all is ok & closed it down after 5 mins..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Meet The Board Tonight on 21:55 - Jun 3 with 3902 viewsBrierls

Meet The Board Tonight on 21:46 - Jun 3 by blackdogblue

You tube stream kept dropping out…

I heard is there a doctor here?? Then it cut to a test card.. back soon..

Hope all is ok & closed it down after 5 mins..

A young lad collapsed but soon came round without needing any treatment other than fresh air. There are a few paramedics among the Dale fan base, one of them there tonight and was over to help right away.
Meet The Board Tonight on 22:08 - Jun 3 with 3822 viewsBrierls

A very positive evening.

I know I’ve said similar before, but there is a clear purpose and direction without any grandstanding. I don’t think there was much that hasn’t been said before re running the club, but I think we now have the skills and resources to see it through.

Cameron Ogden spoke well (even got an Up The Dale in) and became very apparent that Jamie Willoughby and Adam Saul aren’t there to just make up the numbers. Huge focus on community and sustainability, but it shone through they are football fans too.

Simon was much more relaxed and Cameron gave a glowing appreciation of what he has done for the club and he’ll be an asset moving forwards. George Delves, as always in my eyes, showed he’s integral to everything we do as a club.

The YouTube recording will certainly be worth a watch if you didn’t see it live.
Login to get fewer ads

Meet The Board Tonight on 22:10 - Jun 3 with 3808 viewsR17ALE

Meet The Board Tonight on 21:55 - Jun 3 by Brierls

A young lad collapsed but soon came round without needing any treatment other than fresh air. There are a few paramedics among the Dale fan base, one of them there tonight and was over to help right away.

I spoke to the young lad later on and he said, "I've been coming to forums for a few years now, and on this occasion I became overwhelmed by the top table not bullshitting me with lie after lie like the previous few years. It made me pass out in shock."

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Meet The Board Tonight on 22:38 - Jun 3 with 3663 viewsDalenet

Meet The Board Tonight on 22:08 - Jun 3 by Brierls

A very positive evening.

I know I’ve said similar before, but there is a clear purpose and direction without any grandstanding. I don’t think there was much that hasn’t been said before re running the club, but I think we now have the skills and resources to see it through.

Cameron Ogden spoke well (even got an Up The Dale in) and became very apparent that Jamie Willoughby and Adam Saul aren’t there to just make up the numbers. Huge focus on community and sustainability, but it shone through they are football fans too.

Simon was much more relaxed and Cameron gave a glowing appreciation of what he has done for the club and he’ll be an asset moving forwards. George Delves, as always in my eyes, showed he’s integral to everything we do as a club.

The YouTube recording will certainly be worth a watch if you didn’t see it live.

The You Tube video was poor to watch live. Could hardly hear anything for 15 minutes, then closed out, and none of the slides were visible. The irony of a questioner who was pleased the technology at the club had improved made me laugh.

Anyhow, the new team were professional and believeable. I hope they are able to open more doors for the club. I know the central Rochdale Labour party candidate (and Daley) was there - were any of the candidates for the constituency that covers Spotland there? And nice to hear Cameron give credit to Simon for effectively riding the storm and putting his family's life savings into the club when nobody else stepped forward.
Meet The Board Tonight on 22:46 - Jun 3 with 3616 viewsD_Alien

Meet The Board Tonight on 22:38 - Jun 3 by Dalenet

The You Tube video was poor to watch live. Could hardly hear anything for 15 minutes, then closed out, and none of the slides were visible. The irony of a questioner who was pleased the technology at the club had improved made me laugh.

Anyhow, the new team were professional and believeable. I hope they are able to open more doors for the club. I know the central Rochdale Labour party candidate (and Daley) was there - were any of the candidates for the constituency that covers Spotland there? And nice to hear Cameron give credit to Simon for effectively riding the storm and putting his family's life savings into the club when nobody else stepped forward.

"The irony of a questioner who was pleased the technology at the club had improved made me laugh"

Aye! That was myself, just looking to add to the positivity and give the top table an open goal to tell us how they'd been dealing with the problems we've had in the past (not just the livestreams) but unfortunately it wasn't really taken up. I think everyone was just waiting for the match to start by that point - we're not used to so much positivity

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Meet The Board Tonight on 23:21 - Jun 3 with 3477 views_Windydale

Meet The Board Tonight on 22:46 - Jun 3 by D_Alien

"The irony of a questioner who was pleased the technology at the club had improved made me laugh"

Aye! That was myself, just looking to add to the positivity and give the top table an open goal to tell us how they'd been dealing with the problems we've had in the past (not just the livestreams) but unfortunately it wasn't really taken up. I think everyone was just waiting for the match to start by that point - we're not used to so much positivity

Its a good point to raise, good feedback from happier fans shows were continuing on the right track regards ticketing, club shop and website improvements. Last forum there was no stream, This one, we got a stream, im sure the next one we'll be opening with a great intro.

Meet The Board Tonight on 23:37 - Jun 3 with 3419 viewsBrierls

Meet The Board Tonight on 22:38 - Jun 3 by Dalenet

It’s not perfect but I’ve just the recording that’s been uploaded to YouTube. There’s nothing cut from that, so worth watching.

If we’re at a stage where the only thing to complain about is the quality of a meet the board/forum stream, then we’re making great strides. I’m sure things will improve on this front at some point in the future, but live streaming capability wouldn’t be near the top of my very long list of things to sort given there are two/three such events per season.

With hindsight, recording and then uploading to YouTube would more than likely satisfy the need for those unable to attend.
Meet The Board Tonight on 06:24 - Jun 4 with 3153 viewskel

Thought it was a great watch and can’t feel anything but positivity going forward.

One thing that stood out for me was Cameron Ogden’s praise for Simon. The bloke has taken a lot of stick (some of it justified and constructive criticism) but I hope those who felt the need to threaten him on social media are thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Even though I don’t know Mr Ogden I’ll take his opinion over those knuckle dragging halfwits every day of the week.
Meet The Board Tonight on 06:49 - Jun 4 with 3105 viewsKnavesmireBob

'What do we want? Unspectacular competency! When do we want it? Now!'

Really good watch, after everything we've been through there's beauty in such simplicity and clarity. Great to see so much sharing of the microphone between those new and old too.

Anyone else see the mannerisms of Brandon Flowers in our new co-chair, if you look beyond the few extra grey hairs and English accent?
Meet The Board Tonight on 08:32 - Jun 4 with 2869 views49thseason

An interesting snippet from last night....apparently the Ogdens are season ticket holders at Man U and in discussions with the club wondered if there might be some support from United... when told we dont really have any big connections to United, they said " its OK we know Jim Ratcliffe quite well". Its not always what you know.....
Meet The Board Tonight on 09:57 - Jun 4 with 2651 viewsJames1980

Meet The Board Tonight on 08:32 - Jun 4 by 49thseason

An interesting snippet from last night....apparently the Ogdens are season ticket holders at Man U and in discussions with the club wondered if there might be some support from United... when told we dont really have any big connections to United, they said " its OK we know Jim Ratcliffe quite well". Its not always what you know.....

Perhaps they could encourage away supporters travelling to OT to use The Ratcliffe for a spot of pre match libation, like the Geordie's did last season.

Meet The Board Tonight on 10:33 - Jun 4 with 2533 viewsTalkingSutty

Meet The Board Tonight on 11:57 - Jun 3 by Sandyman

Amazing to think that almost 3 years ago to the day, several AGM's / EGM's were held in the same room. A quite unprecedented and well documented series of events followed. A long and difficult battle to save the club ensued, and has been won. Tonight marks a significant milestone in the club's history. UP THE DALE!

The end justified the means in the end. We had charlatans in the boardroom purporting to be custodians of the club and members of staff and hangers on who supported them in order to feather their own nests. The Club was rotten from within and needed cleansing. Thankfully the shareholders stuck together and the revolution kicked in. When the CEO and Director receives a two year ban from all football that speaks volumes, that was David Bottomley, the fella who was supposed to be looking after our club. His mismanagement and misdemeanours wasn't a figment of people's imaginations as some liked to suggest, they were very real.

So as you say, a long three years and one which has seen us drop out of the EFL but ended up with new owners that we could only have dreamed about. Just catching up on last night's meeting and I've heard nothing but positives, time to start moving forward now and over the next few years build a squad of players that can see us regularly competing in and around the play offs. Thanks to everybody involved

[Post edited 4 Jun 10:40]
Meet The Board Tonight on 10:52 - Jun 4 with 2433 viewsfermin

Despite the sound issues at the start it was a very constructive meeting. Is is possible for the slides to be made available as they were not visible online?
Meet The Board Tonight on 11:56 - Jun 4 with 2242 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Meet The Board Tonight on 10:33 - Jun 4 by TalkingSutty

The end justified the means in the end. We had charlatans in the boardroom purporting to be custodians of the club and members of staff and hangers on who supported them in order to feather their own nests. The Club was rotten from within and needed cleansing. Thankfully the shareholders stuck together and the revolution kicked in. When the CEO and Director receives a two year ban from all football that speaks volumes, that was David Bottomley, the fella who was supposed to be looking after our club. His mismanagement and misdemeanours wasn't a figment of people's imaginations as some liked to suggest, they were very real.

So as you say, a long three years and one which has seen us drop out of the EFL but ended up with new owners that we could only have dreamed about. Just catching up on last night's meeting and I've heard nothing but positives, time to start moving forward now and over the next few years build a squad of players that can see us regularly competing in and around the play offs. Thanks to everybody involved

[Post edited 4 Jun 10:40]

Talking of BotBot and his miscreant hangers on, it's really disappointing to know we have no recourse to the contractors who installed the pitch at such a heavy cost. Looks like the Club were stitched up big style.
Meet The Board Tonight on 12:03 - Jun 4 with 2201 viewsD_Alien

Meet The Board Tonight on 11:56 - Jun 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

Talking of BotBot and his miscreant hangers on, it's really disappointing to know we have no recourse to the contractors who installed the pitch at such a heavy cost. Looks like the Club were stitched up big style.

Interesting to hear last night that the reason the pitch issue is proving difficult to remedy is due to none of those who were around when it was resurfaced now being at the club

(Not quite sure about that? Isn't there at least one ...)

But, sounds like it was done on something akin to "a nod and a wink". There can't be a proper contract or our new legal board member would surely be all over it

[Post edited 4 Jun 12:12]

Meet The Board Tonight on 12:05 - Jun 4 with 2189 viewssandylaner

I had a quick chat with Adam Saul and Jamie Willoughby after the meeting.

What came across was that are genuinely excited to be involved, Adam was saying that when they were doing due diligence he was getting really excited and started tracking and checking out the players etc.

He said his sons only want to wear their Dale shirts now as they are the only ones wearing them where they live.
Meet The Board Tonight on 13:32 - Jun 4 with 1927 viewsJames1980

Meet The Board Tonight on 12:03 - Jun 4 by D_Alien

Interesting to hear last night that the reason the pitch issue is proving difficult to remedy is due to none of those who were around when it was resurfaced now being at the club

(Not quite sure about that? Isn't there at least one ...)

But, sounds like it was done on something akin to "a nod and a wink". There can't be a proper contract or our new legal board member would surely be all over it

[Post edited 4 Jun 12:12]

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/pitchupdate_260620/ June 2020

But in Feb 2020

Isn't good that we now have grown ups in charge

Meet The Board Tonight on 14:11 - Jun 4 with 1824 views49thseason

The best thing is that we now have the quality of Directors with Legal , Financial and Business skills that we have never really had before. The days of Pie men, Publicans and "what can I get out of it" types are truly over. The future looks decidedly brighter, there is a long and medium-term plan. and a structure within the club that is built to respond early and quickly to events that may be yet to unfold.

The next big test will be finding a home for the training pitches and community hub, I wonder if the Council will now realise its time for them to to step up?

Thank God that Simon and Richard and the others had the stones and wherewithal to keep us alive whilst getting all this over the line, gratitude seems like too small a word to describe my feelings.
Meet The Board Tonight on 14:39 - Jun 4 with 1728 viewsD_Alien

Meet The Board Tonight on 14:11 - Jun 4 by 49thseason

The best thing is that we now have the quality of Directors with Legal , Financial and Business skills that we have never really had before. The days of Pie men, Publicans and "what can I get out of it" types are truly over. The future looks decidedly brighter, there is a long and medium-term plan. and a structure within the club that is built to respond early and quickly to events that may be yet to unfold.

The next big test will be finding a home for the training pitches and community hub, I wonder if the Council will now realise its time for them to to step up?

Thank God that Simon and Richard and the others had the stones and wherewithal to keep us alive whilst getting all this over the line, gratitude seems like too small a word to describe my feelings.

You're absolutely right about the qualitative difference in skillsets and leadership, but what came across last night (and to which others have alluded) is the enthusiasm for the task

Taking the reins at Dale isn't just about philanthropy but also confers upon the Ogden clan an opportunity to establish a lasting legacy. Building world class businesses is one thing, and helps create the wealth that ultimately pays for all our public services, but taking Dale from the brink and building a lasting community asset should survive their current endeavours

Whilst it's right to praise the efforts and financial input over the past 3 years of SG and others, let's also hear it for those who've supported the club for decades, putting their money and support into the club over a lifetime to help keep it afloat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024