Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finlay Armstrong Signs 13:02 - Jun 6 with 3402 viewsBainesy15

Another two-year deal. Never really impressed me tbh, Jim seems to rate him though!
[Post edited 6 Jun 13:03]
Finlay Armstrong Signs on 13:30 - Jun 6 with 3219 viewsBrierls

I hope he's on minimum wage. Even then we'll struggle to get value based on what I saw last season.
Finlay Armstrong Signs on 15:30 - Jun 6 with 2877 views49thseason

Don't knock him, he's a left back!
Finlay Armstrong Signs on 07:35 - Jun 7 with 2244 viewsNewbury_Dale

And still the club doesn't learn. The footballing decisions are still unfathomable. A two year contract for a player as limited as Armstrong is complete madness. Miles short of the standard of player needed to get out of this division. I assume it will be D'Mani Mellor next on a two year deal.
Finlay Armstrong Signs on 14:20 - Jun 7 with 1877 viewsWhitworthDale

Finlay Armstrong Signs on 07:35 - Jun 7 by Newbury_Dale

And still the club doesn't learn. The footballing decisions are still unfathomable. A two year contract for a player as limited as Armstrong is complete madness. Miles short of the standard of player needed to get out of this division. I assume it will be D'Mani Mellor next on a two year deal.

I’d imagine on a 1 year deal we’d have to fork out higher salaries.

The thinking I could be that he’s adequate cover for the next 2 years so may as well lock in a cheaper deal now.

Agree that the number of 2 year deals we chuck around these days is surprising.
Finlay Armstrong Signs on 20:21 - Jun 7 with 1559 viewsscarrow

Finlay Armstrong Signs on 07:35 - Jun 7 by Newbury_Dale

Stop being a misery.

Poll: Final position

Finlay Armstrong Signs on 22:27 - Jun 7 with 1387 viewsNewbury_Dale

Finlay Armstrong Signs on 20:21 - Jun 7 by scarrow

Stop being a misery.

It's a poor signing.
Finlay Armstrong Signs on 04:23 - Jun 8 with 1262 viewsrichfoad32

Finlay Armstrong Signs on 22:27 - Jun 7 by Newbury_Dale

It's a poor signing.

I was far from convinced after his first few appearances but thought he improved with more games under his belt and he got used to the physicality of the league. He's only 21 and played a dozen games at this level, obviously the management have seen something they like and it's a bit harsh to write him off.
Finlay Armstrong Signs on 15:56 - Jun 9 with 814 viewsEdindale

He improved towards the latter end of the season and still has potential. I am assuming he will be more of a squad player giving us flexibility in the system that the manager wants us to play play. A two year deal at a modest salary seems reasonable to provide defensive cover.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024