Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glan Letheren RIP 13:52 - Jun 6 with 638 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Glan Letheren RIP on 14:54 - Jun 6 with 580 viewsFatJack

R.I.P Big man, Great goalkeeper at a great time for the club,
Glan Letheren RIP on 15:39 - Jun 6 with 540 viewsmax936

Saw that earlier, very sad.

RIP Glan Letheren,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Glan Letheren RIP on 16:56 - Jun 6 with 498 viewsBoundy

Glan Letheren RIP on 15:39 - Jun 6 by max936

RIP Glan Letheren,

RIP , sad another from our history & memories passed

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Glan Letheren RIP on 17:47 - Jun 6 with 467 viewsRhonddaSwans

RIP MAN 😔

Poll: what is more Exciting

Glan Letheren RIP on 18:39 - Jun 6 with 445 viewsTimBowen

Glan Letheren RIP on 15:39 - Jun 6 by max936

RIP Glan Letheren,

Wow, I've only just read this about Glan...

Apart from seeing him as a more than competent goalkeeper when he was in goal for the Swans, I really got to know him when he came to work with me.

I was the manager of Cwmdu's Indoor Cricket Centre, Blazeball in '88 to '89. (Which in later years became the unit the Swans set up shop in) Glan came to work there for me and, due to our Swans connections, we got on really well straight away.

Glan was genuinely a smashing guy. Because of of his pleasant, helpful personality, he was very popular amongst the (adult) indoor cricket players. Many of whom didn't really know him as a 'Footballer' as he was quiet and discreet about his time with the Swans.

Unfortunately due to another Indoor Cricket centre opening in Llansamlet, it created too much competition for a unique, but minor 'sporting attraction.' Meaning both of the centres closed after a year. Sadly, that also meant we went our separate ways, and I never met Glan after Blazeball shut it's doors.

He was a splendid man, he was enthusiastic, with a great sense of humour and a good confidante too. I was only telling my son Sam about him in May 2022, at the end of that season's Play-Offs when his son Kyle was in goal for Morecambe. Seeing his son made me remember Glan and our time working together at Blazeball.

Farewell Glan, it was an absolute pleasure to get to know you mate.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024