Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palace ready to be picked off 20:43 - Jun 6 with 1328 viewsButty101

Palace have built some squad , 5 England internationals (4going to the Euros) plus they have Olise. Will be interesting to see if they can hold on to any of them or will they be completely pillaged

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Palace ready to be picked off on 21:17 - Jun 6 with 1262 viewsLondonSaint76

When talking about Liveremento before the start of the season that has just ended Nick used an expression that has stuck in my mind, he said that the PL clubs would not allow Tino to stay at Southampton - sadly I think Palace will suffer a similar fate to Saints the summer the cartel (mainly Liverpool) as good as dismantled our team, likewise, I can see the cartel clubs ‘not allowing’ the best of the current crop to stay at Palace.
[Post edited 6 Jun 21:38]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Palace ready to be picked off on 21:33 - Jun 6 with 1249 viewsSFC_Referee

Palace ready to be picked off on 21:17 - Jun 6 by LondonSaint76

When talking about Liveremento before the start of the season that has just ended Nick used an expression that has stuck in my mind, he said that the PL clubs would not allow Tino to stay at Southampton - sadly I think Palace will suffer a similar fate to Saints the summer the cartel (mainly Liverpool) as good as dismantled our team, likewise, I can see the cartel clubs ‘not allowing’ the best of the current crop to stay at Palace.
[Post edited 6 Jun 21:38]

Yeah well similar has happened to Brighton and that’s why I can see them finishing a lot lower next season, and of course it also happened to both us and Leicester hence our relegations. As Palace are almost a certainty to loose manny of their star players, as unless you’re one of those “top 6” teams, or the wannabe ones like West Ham, Villa and Newcastle, you just can’t keep hold of that many star players and basically sums up many of the problems with modern day football and everything that’s ruining it.

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Palace ready to be picked off on 21:57 - Jun 6 with 1223 views1teeminants

It’s just a matter of time before Palace will be completely set upon by the big six who will just pick them off like candy in a sweet shop.
Really interesting the premier league isn’t it ?

Dull as dishwater .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Palace ready to be picked off on 23:35 - Jun 6 with 1171 viewsPatfromPoole

Fair play to Palace for building a side with a core of young English players.

They won’t necessarily get savaged by the bigger clubs.

These clubs can only have 25 in a squad and they already have loads of players.

They are a role model for us to aspire to.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Palace ready to be picked off on 01:37 - Jun 7 with 1135 viewsericofarabia

Palace ready to be picked off on 23:35 - Jun 6 by PatfromPoole

Isn't there a 'home grown' player exemption, (maybe under a certain age ?) that is excluded from the 25 player quota, which would make them highly desirable to the circling vultures from the big 6 ...... or am I talking a load of bollards 🙄
[Post edited 7 Jun 1:42]
Palace ready to be picked off on 05:57 - Jun 7 with 1084 views1teeminants

They will be picked off as Brighton and us have been .

Palace probably wanted to be us when we finished top 8 four years running including 6 th.

I can’t see them matching that can you Pat ?

Palace ready to be picked off on 07:40 - Jun 7 with 995 viewsTripleNiemi

We were probably once that club others were wishing to aspire to….

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Palace ready to be picked off on 08:36 - Jun 7 with 961 viewsSaintNick

Palace ready to be picked off on 05:57 - Jun 7 by 1teeminants

They will be picked off as Brighton and us have been .

Palace probably wanted to be us when we finished top 8 four years running including 6 th.

I can’t see them matching that can you Pat ?

Exactly we were the blueprint, Palace are suddenly flavour of the month, but they have yet to do anything.

If we had signed Adam Wharton in January paying around £19 million for a 19 year old with 26 games in the Championship to his name the message boards would have gone mad complaining about us signing youngsters with no track record.

Palace finished with a flourish in the premier League, but will they sustain it next season, they are one of 11 clubs including us that could struggle next season

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Palace ready to be picked off on 09:58 - Jun 7 with 912 viewsPatfromPoole

Palace ready to be picked off on 08:36 - Jun 7 by SaintNick

Exactly we were the blueprint, Palace are suddenly flavour of the month, but they have yet to do anything.

If we had signed Adam Wharton in January paying around £19 million for a 19 year old with 26 games in the Championship to his name the message boards would have gone mad complaining about us signing youngsters with no track record.

Palace finished with a flourish in the premier League, but will they sustain it next season, they are one of 11 clubs including us that could struggle next season

Adam Wharton is an absolute class act.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Palace ready to be picked off on 10:07 - Jun 7 with 896 viewssaints__fan__73

Palace ready to be picked off on 08:36 - Jun 7 by SaintNick

The difference is Wharton was a good signing. As opposed to Simeu, Bazunu, Larios, Charles, etc.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Palace ready to be picked off on 21:29 - Jun 7 with 753 views1teeminants

Palace ready to be picked off on 10:07 - Jun 7 by saints__fan__73

The difference is Wharton was a good signing. As opposed to Simeu, Bazunu, Larios, Charles, etc.

Palace have done nothing compared to what we did 4 years running , when they do maybe people will take notice.

Palace ready to be picked off on 08:47 - Jun 8 with 638 viewsBerber

Palace ready to be picked off on 01:37 - Jun 7 by ericofarabia

Isn't there a 'home grown' player exemption, (maybe under a certain age ?) that is excluded from the 25 player quota, which would make them highly desirable to the circling vultures from the big 6 ...... or am I talking a load of bollards 🙄
[Post edited 7 Jun 1:42]

I was just thinking this as I got to your post. Increasingly, the big clubs have top quality right through the squad, and so the home grow contingent need to be as good as anything the club can buy in Europe.Playing to England is a good clue about quality (Kelvin Phillips excepted - I never understood the adulation for him from the press and football community).
Palace ready to be picked off on 12:37 - Jun 8 with 561 viewssaint22

Palace ready to be picked off on 10:07 - Jun 7 by saints__fan__73

coupled with someone who appears to be a good manager too
Palace ready to be picked off on 18:20 - Jun 8 with 479 viewsRichSaints89

Yeah I can see Palace being picked of their best players. Olise looks set to leave and I’d think Eze will too. Wharton may just about start another half a season or year but he’s going to be high on big teams lists after that. So yeah Palace are going to have work to do and there may be a chance there for us to put another team below us!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024