Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World T20 cup 21:53 - Jun 8 with 1850 viewspioneer

Another insipid performance. We do better when it rains…at least we got a point v jocks.

Interesting tournament with wins for Scotland, US and Canada. I had to pinch myself to realise it was not the curling world championships.
World T20 cup on 06:02 - Jun 9 with 1744 viewsdavidab2202

Sadly it didn't rain when the Aussies came to play- conceding 70 runs in first 5 overs was not the plan I'm sure
World T20 cup on 07:57 - Jun 9 with 1719 viewsisitme

The over of Jacks in the powerplay really set Australia on course. Not sure we will see that again. I suspect Topley will come in for Wood.
World T20 cup on 20:54 - Jun 9 with 1560 viewspioneer

Great to see a large sell out crowd watching a cricket game in New York. OK its the India effect but still a great sight.

But that pitch is something else. I think they said its the groundsman from Adelaide who is in charge of that.
World T20 cup on 13:14 - Jun 10 with 1398 viewsNigeriamark

World T20 cup on 20:54 - Jun 9 by pioneer

Great to see a large sell out crowd watching a cricket game in New York. OK its the India effect but still a great sight.

But that pitch is something else. I think they said its the groundsman from Adelaide who is in charge of that.

Seems to have been a new innovation that hasn't worked. Grown the pitch in Adelaide, shipped it to the States then transported to New York by truck. Clearly something has gone wrong as they were meant to be hard true pitches.

With Scotland hammering Oman, we need 2 amazing results against Namibia and Oman and hope the Aussie/Scotland game isn't rained off. we are miles behind on Run rate. Antigua is apparently the driest of the Caribbean island so hopefully we get full games. However playing the World Cup as the area is transitioning into the rainy season seems odd but I assume the IPL stopped it being played a month earlier
World T20 cup on 21:50 - Jun 13 with 1145 viewsD_Alien

England knock off the small target set by Oman (bowled out for 47) in just 19 balls, which means our net run rate is now better than that of Scotland, who'd need to beat the Aussies to knock England out (or if the weather intervenes to force a tie)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

World T20 cup on 02:11 - Jun 14 with 1046 viewspioneer

World T20 cup on 21:50 - Jun 13 by D_Alien

England knock off the small target set by Oman (bowled out for 47) in just 19 balls, which means our net run rate is now better than that of Scotland, who'd need to beat the Aussies to knock England out (or if the weather intervenes to force a tie)

Yes, if the weather intervenes in either Scotlands game or Englands game then England are toast.
World T20 cup on 03:08 - Jun 16 with 832 viewsSandyman

Australia "drop" 5 catches and allow Scotland to score 180 in 20 overs. Hmmm...
World T20 cup on 09:16 - Jun 16 with 749 viewsRodingdale

World T20 cup on 03:08 - Jun 16 by Sandyman

Australia "drop" 5 catches and allow Scotland to score 180 in 20 overs. Hmmm...

But chase them down with balls to spare. Game on, can’t see us beating India or Aussies though.
Login to get fewer ads

World T20 cup on 12:25 - Jun 16 with 655 viewsD_Alien

World T20 cup on 09:16 - Jun 16 by Rodingdale

But chase them down with balls to spare. Game on, can’t see us beating India or Aussies though.

Given uncertain weather conditions, every match has become something of a lottery

It could be that England's luck began to turn yesterday, when it looked like the Namibia game might be abandoned before the Aussies held their nose and nerve against Scotland. There's enough talent in most of the remaining teams to take it to the wire

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

World T20 cup on 16:17 - Jun 16 with 574 viewsNigeriamark

World T20 cup on 09:16 - Jun 16 by Rodingdale

Our super 8 group is with South Africa, USA, and West Indies. Quite favourable with both teams you mention in the other group with Afghanistan and probably Bangladesh.
World T20 cup on 10:57 - Jun 17 with 343 viewsBarryStrange

World T20 cup on 16:17 - Jun 16 by Nigeriamark

Our super 8 group is with South Africa, USA, and West Indies. Quite favourable with both teams you mention in the other group with Afghanistan and probably Bangladesh.

Got to be honest - not been that impressed with SA so far. With the bat anyway. They had by some distance the easiest group and made very hard work of several games. Be interesting to see what they do now. Can see wins being shared between us, WI and SA and you'd have to assume we all beat the USA.

We have got the weaker group for sure, the one thing nobody knows is which games will be affected by rain. If it is India, then you can safely assume the ICC will decree all future tournaments must be played inside. In India.
World T20 cup on 01:56 - Jun 18 with 140 viewsSandyman

West Indies (batting) V Afghanistan

It's started like a game of Stick Cricket!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024