Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Politicians, opportunists and Dale 17:36 - Jun 12 with 1597 viewsBluebottle

Unlike many I'm a bit of a politics nerd and have been taking an interest in the attention given to RAFC by the candidates for Rochdale in the upcoming General Election.
Despite San Spotland now lying in the neighbouring Constituency with it's plethora of City and Utd supporters I have as yet seen little or no mention of our club.
In Rochdale however we appear to have raised an interest.
On the one hand we have Gorgeous George making videos and putting out leaflets claiming he has saved the Dale (presumably by standing on Sandy Lane for a selfie), built a maternity ward, got £20 million quid for the Town and probably single handedly saving Gaza by now.
On the other hand we have genuine Dale supporter and Trust member Paul Waugh who doesn't claim to be a saviour or the answer to the World's problems but quietly gets on with supporting our club.
Whatever way you normally vote (or don't) why not consider lending your vote to a Daley and help get rid of Galloway?
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/E6egkxaGXexa72Py/
Politicians, opportunists and Dale on 17:55 - Jun 12 with 1546 viewsThreeLions

Galloway is a one trick pony that jumps on others ideas and claims them as his own especially the maternity unit.
The local Labour Party dropped a clanger with the by election and should have selected Paul then but there is a chance to get rid of Galloway and his circus if the electorate of the constituency vote accordingly and tactically. A vote for the lib Dems or Tories will split any chance of getting rid of the clown unfortunately.
Politicians, opportunists and Dale on 18:06 - Jun 12 with 1523 viewsEllDale

As I mentioned on another thread Galloway may have lost a fair bit of support with the move of Falinge and Spotland to Heywood North.
Paul Waugh took the trouble to go to the recent Meet The Board evening and ask a question; in the absence of the likes of David Tully this time any Dale fans who are in the Rochdale constituency should be using their votes and backing Waugh in my opinion.
Politicians, opportunists and Dale on 20:32 - Jun 12 with 1319 viewsturnthescrew

Keep politics out of sport. Always. Just like oil and water, they never mix.
Politicians, opportunists and Dale on 20:49 - Jun 12 with 1293 viewssxdale

Politicians, opportunists and Dale on 20:32 - Jun 12 by turnthescrew

Keep politics out of sport. Always. Just like oil and water, they never mix.

Never going to happen, politics and sport are intrinsically linked.
Politicians, opportunists and Dale on 22:02 - Jun 12 with 1181 viewsforeverhopefulDale

The Green Party candidate is also a Dale season ticket holder, in from reading his election pitch to Rochdale Online, also a born and bred Rochdalian who lives in Rochdale. I believe going off previous election photos he is a Pearl Street ender. I don't know him, or Paul Waugh, and don't recognise him, but just post this for balance.
To be fair to Galloway, he did do an excellent speech in parliament about how broken football is, and has been doing his job of raising the issues of the town in parliament in the house and with government ministers and officials. Not that he has delivered a new maternity hospital, but has raised it with ministers.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Politicians, opportunists and Dale on 23:01 - Jun 12 with 1091 viewsThreeLions

Politicians, opportunists and Dale on 22:02 - Jun 12 by foreverhopefulDale

The Green Party candidate is also a Dale season ticket holder, in from reading his election pitch to Rochdale Online, also a born and bred Rochdalian who lives in Rochdale. I believe going off previous election photos he is a Pearl Street ender. I don't know him, or Paul Waugh, and don't recognise him, but just post this for balance.
To be fair to Galloway, he did do an excellent speech in parliament about how broken football is, and has been doing his job of raising the issues of the town in parliament in the house and with government ministers and officials. Not that he has delivered a new maternity hospital, but has raised it with ministers.

I want someone to represent Rochdale for Rochdale not Palestine. Yes it's atrocious what is happening there but we are in a town that needs the full attention of it's MP not a side thought.
Politicians, opportunists and Dale on 08:18 - Jun 13 with 911 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Politicians, opportunists and Dale on 23:01 - Jun 12 by ThreeLions

I want someone to represent Rochdale for Rochdale not Palestine. Yes it's atrocious what is happening there but we are in a town that needs the full attention of it's MP not a side thought.

I do too, but I wasn't suggesting in anyway that Galloway should be voted for or not or even suggesting a vote for anyone.. i pointed out the fact that Galloway had in fact
raised in parliament and with ministers and officials other issues regarding the town including football. Like Waugh, Galloway has many media commitments. None of them live here though Galloway is in the Town when Parliament is not sitting and Waugh will spend time up here from his Richmond Park home when Parliament isn't sitting.
I am so glad we will not have a Tory government after the election. Whether it's independent Galloway or Labour whipped Waugh who is our MP, won't make a difference to if we have Starmer or Sunak as Prime Minister. People should vote for who they believe will do the best job to represent them and their family and the town, including the Dale.
Also I make what the real point of the opening post, Waugh is not the only Dale fan to vote for, Martyn Savin is a season ticket holder too, can't find any info as to if any of the others are too.
[Post edited 13 Jun 8:22]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Politicians, opportunists and Dale on 10:19 - Jun 13 with 756 viewsturnthescrew

Politicians, opportunists and Dale on 20:49 - Jun 12 by sxdale

Never going to happen, politics and sport are intrinsically linked.

That's only because politicians interfere and poke their noses in to benefit themselves. They need to butt out. A candidate being a Dale fan is no reason to vote for them. Far greater issues are at stake than which club they support.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024