Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best ever QPR friendlies 19:24 - Jun 26 with 6436 viewsqueensparker

Noticed some murmurs about why nobody’s buying tickets to the QPR Spurs friendly.

There’s a few reasons - summer holidays, price - but the main reason is obviously that pre-season friendlies are always shite and a waste of money.

Still, there’s the odd exception:

That one where we beat Man U 4-1 under Warburton
Leroy Griffiths v Chelsea
The Brentford away one where we debuted Massimo Mauro, never to be seen again
Our European trophy win in Ibiza

Any more stick in the memory?

Best ever QPR friendlies on 17:12 - Jun 28 with 1295 viewsqpr_1968

Best ever QPR friendlies on 13:19 - Jun 28 by numptydumpty

Blooming heck !!!!

So he kicked a bloke a few times, threw a few haymaker punches and then headbutted the bloke trying to be a peacemaker in a "FRIENDLY" !!!! 🤣

Hardly merits a caution tbf !!!!

Was it the proverbial "Wrong side of bed" day for Rodney....
[Post edited 28 Jun 13:20]

rodney missed a good few games the season before, division one top flight, through injury.

perhaps he was just over exicited.....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Best ever QPR friendlies on 17:15 - Jun 28 with 1284 viewsqpr_1968

Best ever QPR friendlies on 12:16 - Jun 28 by paulhoop2

I remember a West Ham away think it was a testimonial possibly Steve Potts ?

i went to that game as well, think it was around 97/98.

met in the millers well pub in east ham.....

can't remember the score, think it might have been 1-0.

Best ever QPR friendlies on 17:30 - Jun 28 with 1260 viewsBucksRanger

Best ever QPR friendlies on 17:06 - Jun 28 by qpr_1968

i was only 10 or 11 when we played arbroth, i can remember a short stocky ginger winger for them, he was very pacy though, maybe even scored a couple, maybe.

Jimmy Jack scored 2 for Arbroath.

https://www.arbroatharchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=6277
[Post edited 28 Jun 17:32]
Best ever QPR friendlies on 17:34 - Jun 28 with 1252 viewsqpr_1968

Best ever QPR friendlies on 17:30 - Jun 28 by BucksRanger

Jimmy Jack scored 2 for Arbroath.

https://www.arbroatharchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=6277
[Post edited 28 Jun 17:32]

thanks for that bucks.....

marshy67 was right about phillips playing in goal.

Best ever QPR friendlies on 19:13 - Jun 28 with 1182 viewsBucksRanger

Best ever QPR friendlies on 17:34 - Jun 28 by qpr_1968

thanks for that bucks.....

marshy67 was right about phillips playing in goal.

All power to the 2 of you. I'm pretty sure I must have been there as I have the programme but I can't remember anything about the game.
Best ever QPR friendlies on 22:51 - Jun 28 with 1085 viewsHantsR

I went to a few friendlies, mainly Testimonials when QPR players, especially Marsh, were playing. I saw Rodney at Fulham, Palace and most memorably at West Ham when Eusebio played and demonstrated a great 'banana kick' ( as we called it then!)
Best ever QPR friendlies on 21:01 - Jun 29 with 904 viewsBerlinR

Best ever QPR friendlies on 18:07 - Jun 27 by qpr_1968

Best fans in Germany.
Best ever QPR friendlies on 21:57 - Jun 29 with 880 viewsstowmarketrange

Best ever QPR friendlies on 21:01 - Jun 29 by BerlinR

Best fans in Germany.

I’d like to have seen the 2 bouncers on the door of the White Horse stopping that lot from coming in,and asking for their match tickets.
Login to get fewer ads

Best ever QPR friendlies on 22:25 - Jun 29 with 843 viewsloftboy

Best fans in Germany.

Was a testimonial (macca) not friendly, and we lost to the scum who had a full first team out,their fans celebrated like they’d won the league, no one thought Best would turn up, apparently he always did for a fellow country man, the ones where he “ failed to show” he usually didn’t know anything about and his name was out on the programme to draw more fans in.
The one and only time I saw him play live, so for me will always be a memorable game.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Best ever QPR friendlies on 00:28 - Jun 30 with 780 viewsNW5Hoop

Can't believe no one's mentioned one game that was officially a friendly, but really (and quite obviously) the climax to a long and high-quality competition. That being when QPR beat Watford to secure our last major honour, the Dryworld Cup. Or the World Cup, for short.
Best ever QPR friendlies on 09:56 - Jun 30 with 661 viewslightwaterhoop

Haven't been to a friendly since we played Ajax.I gave up then as watching QPR playing and not caring about the score just seems pointless.
Best ever QPR friendlies on 16:19 - Jun 30 with 564 viewsBrianWilson

Best ever QPR friendlies on 14:30 - Jun 27 by kingshill

Union Berlin away.
Outside the ground having a few beers in blazing sunshine, then once in the ground the heavens opened and the game was abandoned after 12 minutes.
DJ played loads of rain themed songs then when it stopped us and a few others ended up walking to some real dodgy place in East Berlin called the Hangover bar for a few hours.
Top away day

Was thinking of that game last night. Dortmunds pitch held up a lot better

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Best ever QPR friendlies on 16:22 - Jun 30 with 556 viewsBrianWilson

Best fans in Germany.

Maybe when they were in the Bundesliga 2. Too many chips on their shoulders now. Need a relegation (or two) to bring them back to former glories.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Best ever QPR friendlies on 21:01 - Jul 1 with 352 viewsDiggertheMole

Best ever QPR friendlies on 20:02 - Jun 26 by qpr_1968

my first 2 friendlies against qpr were both scottish teams, plenty of action, plenty of goals.
1968/69....qpr 6-3 arbroath

1969/70.....qpr 3-3 glasgow rangers, marsh got sent off.

i went to a pre season friendly round about this era, a home game against leicester, got to the ground only to be told it was postponed. don't think it ever got under way later either.
think i even bought a programme for this as well, i'll have to dig it out.

I remember the Arbroath gam. They had a giant bruiser playing up front who looked like he'd had a skinful before the game...maybe he had.
Best ever QPR friendlies on 23:56 - Jul 1 with 257 viewsPeterHucker

Most of my favourites already mentioned
Brentford away with Massimo Mauro
3-1 v Chelsea (first QPR game I took my girlfriend, now my wife to)
The game v Jamaica for Barker's testimonial.
My first sighting of Peter Crouch was pre-season at Aldershot. Everyone laughed when he came on, but then he did this incredible bit of skill right in front of where we were standing. We were big supporters of Crouchy from that day onwards.

Another great day out was the pre-season match at Aylesbury. We won 8-0 or something like that. After the match, we were in the bar for quite a while, then set off to walk back to the train station.
We get most of the way there and then this car pulls up next to us.
It was only bloody Ray Ray Super Ray Super Ray Wilkins who'd spotted our QPR shirts and stopped to say in that distinctive voice of his "Alright lads, do you need a lift?"

We just went "no you're alright Ray, we're just going back to the station."

What idiots! We could've got a lift back to Hammersmith with the great man but we turned it down!
Best ever QPR friendlies on 07:53 - Jul 2 with 159 viewsTGRRRSSS

Went to Windsor away with couple of posters on here, not seen on here in years, but one had a famous qpr flag, some bloke came over saying Dowie wanted to sign it, Chris barker was playing and we seemed to have a very small keeper not sure anyone made it beyond barker aside.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024