Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder 21:07 - Aug 17 with 4443 viewsPatfromPoole

No, me neither…….

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 21:11 - Aug 17 with 3891 viewsPatfromPoole

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 21:12 - Aug 17 with 3886 viewsPatfromPoole

O’Riley rumours seem to be reviving again as well……

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 21:19 - Aug 17 with 3856 viewsdirk_doone

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 21:12 - Aug 17 by PatfromPoole

O’Riley rumours seem to be reviving again as well……

Not another one. It looks like the plan is to field a team of 11 midfielders.

Where t f are our new goalkeeper and centre forward???

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 21:36 - Aug 17 with 3803 viewsgrumpy

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 21:19 - Aug 17 by dirk_doone

Why are we not linked to buying another goalkeeper is a mystery to me.
Mc Calamity cost us today.
All good teams build from defence and that starts with the goalkeeper.
Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 21:44 - Aug 17 with 3736 viewssaint22

So true
Don’t we just sign genuine midfielder on loan
Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 21:54 - Aug 17 with 3718 viewsButty101

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 21:11 - Aug 17 by PatfromPoole

Going straight out on loan to Goztepe appernently.

Its looking more and more like we learned nothing from last time that we were here.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 22:01 - Aug 17 with 3682 viewssaintmark1976

It’s getting quite ridiculous now.

Why constantly invest in ever increasing numbers of unproven players for £10-15 million in the vain hope that at some unspecified time in the future they come good, rather than save the endless wasted money and purchase a player/s of proven quality ?

If even small clubs like Bournemouth can do it why the hell can’t we?

I’ve no idea where our new keeper is. However, I suspect on Monday the centre forward will be where he has been for month after month since we bought him, on the medical room treatment table.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 22:01 - Aug 17 with 3678 viewsPatfromPoole

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 21:54 - Aug 17 by Butty101

Going straight out on loan to Goztepe appernently.

Its looking more and more like we learned nothing from last time that we were here.

Don’t think that’s the case.

He seems to be pretty highly-rated.

Login to get fewer ads

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 23:21 - Aug 17 with 3483 viewsSouthamptonfan

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 22:01 - Aug 17 by saintmark1976

It’s getting quite ridiculous now.

Why constantly invest in ever increasing numbers of unproven players for £10-15 million in the vain hope that at some unspecified time in the future they come good, rather than save the endless wasted money and purchase a player/s of proven quality ?

If even small clubs like Bournemouth can do it why the hell can’t we?

I’ve no idea where our new keeper is. However, I suspect on Monday the centre forward will be where he has been for month after month since we bought him, on the medical room treatment table.

This is on the board and ownership. They just can't help it. They want to buy a number of young players, to sell them on for 100 million, once we have developed them into top players. It's a nice fairy tale.

Every manager has had to put up with this. Sulemana was what 20 million? Carillo 18 million, Onuachu 18 million and so on. Just buy a top PL experienced player 26 years old, for 50 million and be done with it. But they won't do it. We have spent loads more than that on twenty 15 million pound players, who aren't good enough for the PL. If RM had the choice, he would ofcourse buy a top striker for 50 or 60 million, but he isn't allowed to do it and Ralph wasn't allowed either.

This latest top talent from Europe.is very young without any PL experience. Just wait for the cold English winter, or wait for him to get homesick without any family etc etc.
[Post edited 17 Aug 23:28]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 23:48 - Aug 17 with 3401 viewssaintmark1976

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 23:21 - Aug 17 by Southamptonfan

This is on the board and ownership. They just can't help it. They want to buy a number of young players, to sell them on for 100 million, once we have developed them into top players. It's a nice fairy tale.

Every manager has had to put up with this. Sulemana was what 20 million? Carillo 18 million, Onuachu 18 million and so on. Just buy a top PL experienced player 26 years old, for 50 million and be done with it. But they won't do it. We have spent loads more than that on twenty 15 million pound players, who aren't good enough for the PL. If RM had the choice, he would ofcourse buy a top striker for 50 or 60 million, but he isn't allowed to do it and Ralph wasn't allowed either.

This latest top talent from Europe.is very young without any PL experience. Just wait for the cold English winter, or wait for him to get homesick without any family etc etc.
[Post edited 17 Aug 23:28]

Spot on Southamptonfan and to add insult to injury, at the other end of their fantasy football experiment they sign 35 year old Adam Lallana,a player despised by a considerable proportion of the Club’s own fan base.

He’s too old and injury prone to hold down a permanent first team position and will succeed only in taking money out of the Club in wages.

Money the Club persist in telling us at every opportunity they haven’t actually got.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 11:34 - Aug 18 with 2825 views1teeminants

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 23:48 - Aug 17 by saintmark1976

Spot on Southamptonfan and to add insult to injury, at the other end of their fantasy football experiment they sign 35 year old Adam Lallana,a player despised by a considerable proportion of the Club’s own fan base.

He’s too old and injury prone to hold down a permanent first team position and will succeed only in taking money out of the Club in wages.

Money the Club persist in telling us at every opportunity they haven’t actually got.

I think he was mainly bought in on a coaching role to help the younger ones develop . He will play if needed but that wasn’t the main reason he was purchased .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 11:46 - Aug 18 with 2751 viewsPatfromPoole

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 11:34 - Aug 18 by 1teeminants

I think he was mainly bought in on a coaching role to help the younger ones develop . He will play if needed but that wasn’t the main reason he was purchased .

I hope the remuneration package is suitably reduced to reflect this.

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 12:19 - Aug 18 with 2686 viewsCity_boy

All these midfielders and defenders arriving but non good enough to replace Jack Stephens ?

Signing a midfielder that is creative and can unlock defences would be good. The only one we have is Alcaraz and he looks like he is on his way and doesn't fit RM's mold.
Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 13:04 - Aug 18 with 2614 viewsdirk_doone

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 12:19 - Aug 18 by City_boy

All these midfielders and defenders arriving but non good enough to replace Jack Stephens ?

Signing a midfielder that is creative and can unlock defences would be good. The only one we have is Alcaraz and he looks like he is on his way and doesn't fit RM's mold.

Our best option for a creative midfield is to start with both Amo-Ameyaw and Dibling. When they appeared together in pre-season, it was the best we played. Our EFL Cup game at Cardiff would be the best time to try it if Russ is worried about taking the risk in the PL, although they couldn't be a greater risk than playing McCarthy in goal.

One obstacle to Dibling and Amo-Ameyaw's development could be all these new midfielders we keep buying.
[Post edited 18 Aug 13:06]

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 14:33 - Aug 18 with 2489 views1teeminants

Having medical today apparently

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 17:11 - Aug 18 with 2268 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 13:04 - Aug 18 by dirk_doone

Our best option for a creative midfield is to start with both Amo-Ameyaw and Dibling. When they appeared together in pre-season, it was the best we played. Our EFL Cup game at Cardiff would be the best time to try it if Russ is worried about taking the risk in the PL, although they couldn't be a greater risk than playing McCarthy in goal.

One obstacle to Dibling and Amo-Ameyaw's development could be all these new midfielders we keep buying.
[Post edited 18 Aug 13:06]

Even the co-commentator with the Geordie accent on the stream I watched the game on yesterday commented on how good Amo-Ameyaw was after he was subbed on. Looks quite comfortable out there yesterday and improved us going forwards. Turned a couple of the barcodes inside out and put some good balls into the danger zone. Give him a proper chance, play him.
Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 19:37 - Aug 18 with 2026 viewsPatfromPoole

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 17:11 - Aug 18 by InTimeAddedOn

Even the co-commentator with the Geordie accent on the stream I watched the game on yesterday commented on how good Amo-Ameyaw was after he was subbed on. Looks quite comfortable out there yesterday and improved us going forwards. Turned a couple of the barcodes inside out and put some good balls into the danger zone. Give him a proper chance, play him.

Michael Bridges.

Hilariously biased.

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 19:50 - Aug 18 with 1999 viewsCity_boy

With talk of all these midfielders we are supposed to be signing, there must be a keeper on the radar to replace McCarthy and Bazunu, but as each day goes by, I am getting anxious that we could be stuck with McCarthy.
Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 19:52 - Aug 18 with 1997 viewsPatfromPoole

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 19:50 - Aug 18 by City_boy

With talk of all these midfielders we are supposed to be signing, there must be a keeper on the radar to replace McCarthy and Bazunu, but as each day goes by, I am getting anxious that we could be stuck with McCarthy.

The Brighton keeper Jason Steele appears to be imminent.

Very good with his feet.

No idea what he’s like with his hands, mind.

I fear he is going to be the keeper until Bazunu is fit; which would of course be madness.
[Post edited 18 Aug 19:53]

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 20:34 - Aug 18 with 1912 viewsButty101

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 19:52 - Aug 18 by PatfromPoole

The Brighton keeper Jason Steele appears to be imminent.

Very good with his feet.

No idea what he’s like with his hands, mind.

I fear he is going to be the keeper until Bazunu is fit; which would of course be madness.
[Post edited 18 Aug 19:53]

Steele played yesterday for Brighton - seems unlikely he would join us.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 20:42 - Aug 18 with 1903 viewsgrumpy

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 20:34 - Aug 18 by Butty101

Steele played yesterday for Brighton - seems unlikely he would join us.

and he kept a clean sheet away to Everton.
Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 22:04 - Aug 18 with 1795 viewsdirk_doone

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 20:42 - Aug 18 by grumpy

and he kept a clean sheet away to Everton.

Mind you, Everton were down to 10 men and only had 1 shot on target.

(He saved it. He's got to be better than McCarthy)

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 07:23 - Aug 19 with 1341 viewssaintwizzler

Brighton number 1 Bart Verbruggen is injured so Steele played.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 08:46 - Aug 19 with 1218 viewsSonicBoom

So is Fernandes any good?
I hope so but we don't need another lad who has potential but then to be told he's not ready for PL yet and that we can't rely on him to play too many games etc etc. We have lot of those already.
Mateus Fernandes - new midfielder on 13:01 - Aug 19 with 1073 viewsMonksway

If we buy this lad then presumably we are selling Charley Alcaraz. I guess some money needs to come in and Charley seems to have some interest from other clubs. I'm expecting KWP, ABK, Onuachu, Mara, Kamaldeen and Charley to all leave before the end of the window to balance the books although I'm not sure how much Saints will actually make on the sales.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024