Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eager Anticipation 09:37 - Jul 30 with 970 viewsRicardo

So here we go — Crewe away — last chance to see the team shaping for the big day next Saturday / Wednesday.

I quiet like the shape of the team that people are suggesting on other threads. I also appreciate the type of football we are trying to play — although I do think we sometimes change formation too much (e.g. Wrexham). Having said all of that — that is the purpose of pre-season games.

I’m intrigued as to the thinking that must be going on in Steve’s head. It has been suggested that Bob should be tried on the right hand side of central defence to improve his passing impact. But I think we all are coming to the view of Widdowson — Holness — Trotman — Darby in front to the tbc goalie. But it has to be said that Steve has thought about this and given opportunities to try other options.

Midfield is looking full of options to me. We look well balanced now with Gary, JK, Nicky Adams and Tutte (although the Baggies didn’t really test us) and have not yet seen BBM nor Joey T feature — both of whom earned their places when played last season. Options galore — and Marshall and Jarret still around the scenes. Not looking a problem to me.

Attacking wise — we’ve not seen much of COG, JLAA looked the part on Tuesday (but not in all games), Grimes looks a handful (but be careful of the yellow cards come next Sat). Joey T / Reece Gray can help up here as well. From the little we saw of COG it looked to me as if we are trying to get a heading goal threat from him as well.

With a couple of youngsters coming through its looking good.

See you at Crewe and Hillsboro.

Ricardo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024