Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's get together for Saturday 19:33 - Sep 6 with 1300 viewsRicardo

Having thought long and hard about many points of view on here now is not the time for doing anything else than supporting our team — players, management, directors and the fans.

Can we please therefore collectively find our camaraderie?

Personally I have felt the need to remind myself of the promise I made to myself at the start of the season. Which was

“It will be difficult for anyone, it’s a difficult start, we could easily be bottom after first few games. Keep with it.”

And I stand by that. So hence that promise remains.

I will admit as to being disappointed and frustrated by the way the team have performed to date and have shown some of that. But the team’s progress remains my (and should remain) all of our main focus. We should all put our points of view to one side for now and the point of this post therefore is to suggest:

- we all put our disappointments, frustrations, whatever behind us and get to bury on Saturday to support our beloved Dale

- if anyone shows they are a little despondent — we all try and remind them that remains our objective and help them continue to feel part of the family — empathise not criticise

- we let the Rochdale playing team know and remember they could not have a better fan base (well as far as our numbers allow)

- we also let the management team know that we will be there for them

Who knows — it might make a difference.

Afterwards — can we also remind ourselves of the very best dark humour that has come from much worse experiences. Anyone else recall being 4-0 down away at Orient to say “can’t get any worse, can it”.

I guess my personal frustration is seeing us being so close to building on a solid foundation and not grasping it. If I wasn’t emotional — I wouldn’t be a footie fan — let alone a Dale fan.

Hope to see everyone there — and hope we all enjoy the day out — whatever transpires in the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024