Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Englishmen playing for Scotland, Wales, etc.. thoughts? 15:04 - Oct 17 with 2788 viewsSkiptonDale

Having just seen that Jordan Rhodes has been turning out for Scotland under 21's, I thought I'd see what others think of Englishmen playing for other countries in the UK.

The list is pretty big now, with Matthew Gilks, Phil Bardsley, James Morrison, Craig Mackail-Smith, Kris Commons and probably more playing for Scotland despite being English-born. There are a few for Wales like Freddy Eastwood and Jack Collison off the top of my head, and then Rory McArdle for N.I. although I bet there are more.

I would NOT want anyone who isn't born or bred in England playing for England. Like when there was talk of Cudicini or Almunia sorting out our goalkeeper crisis a few years ago, I didn't want that.

And seeing Englishmen, albeit Englishmen who in my opinion aren't good enough for the England team playing for Scotland, Wales etc, It just doesn't seem right to me. Don't go playing for Scotland or whoever just because you aren't good enough for England. If I was Scottish I would want Scot's playing for my country, not someone from Mansfield or Watford.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024