Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not too late to build 12:14 - Jan 16 with 1219 viewskirbys

I fear this season is going to be a write off. We can all see why and we can all criticise the manager's and players and Chairman, tea lady kit man but what to do next is important..
The opportuntiy was given to Chris Beech and I think he deserved it. Why? He knew the way Hillco worked, he knew the Chairman and he presided over the first Dale youth team to win the league (as far as I know anyway). In fact I thought he should have been given a crack last July.
Nevertheless, the situation under SE steadily got worse as one signing after another failed to deliver. Under Beechy, we have a residue of players that are not gelling together, resulting in frustration (tell me Widdowsons sending off was not the action of a rational player) and too many formation changes. He has to try to find a better and more effective formation. The Hartlepool match and Saturdays changes show he is trying to do this.
had he been in charge early in the season these experiences could have been gained at a lower cost than now.

Am I the only one to say that until the first goal went in Stevenage were totally ordinary. The first goal was the result of a slip which was very costly.
The wing play did not work and Widdowson was not supported enough by Thompson resulting in increasing frustration.
The changes at half time were the right decision.
The sending off was uneccessary and irresponsible and cost any chance of a fightback.
Chris Beech is learning to his and the sides cost what managing at this level is all about. He will learn I have no doubt but he has not the time to guarantee safety from relegation now. Nor has he the luxury of an O Grady to bang in individual goals to win lots of points.

Will another change at this stage do any better? Possibly,if we strike lucky, but I doubt it. The cost could simply be too high -in view of the compensation for SE, the fact we have no high value player to sell at this moment and the income this year has dropped considerably. We must avoid financial implosion or we join Darlington quickly.

What is possible however is to look to building for next season. The energy and effort to learn, to experience and create a new side could begin, ready for next season. The strategy is the reverse of this year when the building began days before the season began and effectively has not stopped since. We are still paying the price for this unfortunately.

Now it is time to stop destroying, stay calm and use the resources well and intelligently and build again. If we can stay up all the better. We can do our bit by seeing the good not all the bad and supporting all those who are dedicated to bringing success.
UP THE DALE.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024