Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The final nail? 08:29 - Jan 18 with 3134 viewssince1907

Looks like they think its all over at Darlo http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16597529.stm
The final nail? on 08:40 - Jan 18 with 3117 viewssweetcorn

I think i'd rather be a darlo fan than a dale fan at present.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

The final nail? on 08:42 - Jan 18 with 3107 viewssweetcorn

Ps. I fear this is the direction we are heading, especially as we have no saleable assets to keep us afloat.

AFC Rochdale could be a future club we see. just sayin.

The final nail? on 08:59 - Jan 18 with 3082 viewssince1907

The final nail? on 08:42 - Jan 18 by sweetcorn

Ps. I fear this is the direction we are heading, especially as we have no saleable assets to keep us afloat.

bit early for that!
The final nail? on 09:24 - Jan 18 with 3040 viewsDale23years

The final nail? on 08:42 - Jan 18 by sweetcorn

FFS get a grip and stop talking rubbish

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

The final nail? on 10:57 - Jan 18 with 2924 viewsBlueDutch

It didn't take Stockport long to go down that path and both they and Darlo have bigger fan bases than us. If CD doesn't go for the likes of Billy Davies, who is the best manager currently unemployed, then we may as well follow the aforementioned clubs.

upthedale.nl

The final nail? on 11:13 - Jan 18 with 2899 viewssweetcorn

The final nail? on 09:24 - Jan 18 by Dale23years

FFS get a grip and stop talking rubbish

How am i talking rubbish? Admittedly its a bit early, but we've seen it time and time again, clubs going down the leagues at a rather rapid pace, the club itself doesnt make a profit, we have no players to sell for a sizeable fee and a very limited fan-base, which is only dwindling further at the minute, the team we currently have wouldnt compete in league two.

What positive do you see from that? At the minute we're over reliant on loanees which does harm the long term future of a club, just ask hereford.

The final nail? on 11:25 - Jan 18 with 2872 viewsjimmysbaldhead

The final nail? on 11:13 - Jan 18 by sweetcorn

How am i talking rubbish? Admittedly its a bit early, but we've seen it time and time again, clubs going down the leagues at a rather rapid pace, the club itself doesnt make a profit, we have no players to sell for a sizeable fee and a very limited fan-base, which is only dwindling further at the minute, the team we currently have wouldnt compete in league two.

What positive do you see from that? At the minute we're over reliant on loanees which does harm the long term future of a club, just ask hereford.

"I think i'd rather be a darlo fan than a dale fan at present."

That's how you're talking rubbish.
The final nail? on 11:39 - Jan 18 with 2838 views442Dale

The final nail? on 10:57 - Jan 18 by BlueDutch

It didn't take Stockport long to go down that path and both they and Darlo have bigger fan bases than us. If CD doesn't go for the likes of Billy Davies, who is the best manager currently unemployed, then we may as well follow the aforementioned clubs.

Billy Davies? Seriously?

You're aware he didn't actually fail at Forest and would be on the wanted list of pretty much any Championship level club looking for a manager? Forest supporters were chanting for his return last night for example. Preston fans wanted him back at Deepdale, their budget stretched to Westley.

It's a guess, but an educated one, but I'd expect Davies was on between 300-500k a year at Forest. If our board performed a walking-on-water miracle and got him to the club, we should all start worrying how we'd be able to afford it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

The final nail? on 11:44 - Jan 18 with 2820 viewsClivert

The final nail? on 11:39 - Jan 18 by 442Dale

Billy Davies? Seriously?

You're aware he didn't actually fail at Forest and would be on the wanted list of pretty much any Championship level club looking for a manager? Forest supporters were chanting for his return last night for example. Preston fans wanted him back at Deepdale, their budget stretched to Westley.

It's a guess, but an educated one, but I'd expect Davies was on between 300-500k a year at Forest. If our board performed a walking-on-water miracle and got him to the club, we should all start worrying how we'd be able to afford it.

Steve Davies might be a better shout because if we don't pick up a couple of wins soon then we'll be needing snookers to stay up!
The final nail? on 12:22 - Jan 18 with 2746 viewssweetcorn

The final nail? on 11:25 - Jan 18 by jimmysbaldhead

"I think i'd rather be a darlo fan than a dale fan at present."

That's how you're talking rubbish.

Never heard of tongue in cheek phag. Obviously i was jokin, darlington wont even have a club to support by saturday

The final nail? on 12:26 - Jan 18 with 2739 viewsjimmysbaldhead

The final nail? on 12:22 - Jan 18 by sweetcorn

Never heard of tongue in cheek phag. Obviously i was jokin, darlington wont even have a club to support by saturday

What's with the insults, I was answering your own question.
The final nail? on 12:31 - Jan 18 with 2714 viewsNTDale

The final nail? on 12:26 - Jan 18 by jimmysbaldhead

What's with the insults, I was answering your own question.

I think you are forgetting the differences between us and the likes of Stockport and Darlington that has got them in this situation. Things may not necessarily be going well on the pitch right now, but the men in charge of the money know what they are doing, we don't have a 30,000 seater stadium to cover and we haven't splashed the cash on a load of players we can't afford.
The final nail? on 12:33 - Jan 18 with 2707 viewsdownunder

The final nail? on 12:22 - Jan 18 by sweetcorn

You, supporting them, after next week, would be a good fit.
The final nail? on 12:39 - Jan 18 with 2671 viewssweetcorn

The final nail? on 12:31 - Jan 18 by NTDale

I think you are forgetting the differences between us and the likes of Stockport and Darlington that has got them in this situation. Things may not necessarily be going well on the pitch right now, but the men in charge of the money know what they are doing, we don't have a 30,000 seater stadium to cover and we haven't splashed the cash on a load of players we can't afford.

Although that is true, we dont make money to manage, we hemorrhage money on a regular basis, i believe that it was estimated at around £200k a year when we were in league two, so it will have only gone up further, with the improved wages and no growth in crowd.

we've been blessed in the past with parkin and hill that they had the ability to find cheap players and sell them on for a sizeable fee, at the minute it doesnt look as though we are capable of that and are relying on the loan market.

That brings me to coleman, he has brought in cheap players who've turned out to be decent players: symes, lee and proctor spring to mind almost instantly, i think hes my first choice, that failing has to be o'driscoll.

The final nail? on 12:45 - Jan 18 with 2642 viewsNTDale

The final nail? on 12:39 - Jan 18 by sweetcorn

Although that is true, we dont make money to manage, we hemorrhage money on a regular basis, i believe that it was estimated at around £200k a year when we were in league two, so it will have only gone up further, with the improved wages and no growth in crowd.

we've been blessed in the past with parkin and hill that they had the ability to find cheap players and sell them on for a sizeable fee, at the minute it doesnt look as though we are capable of that and are relying on the loan market.

That brings me to coleman, he has brought in cheap players who've turned out to be decent players: symes, lee and proctor spring to mind almost instantly, i think hes my first choice, that failing has to be o'driscoll.

At the moment we are in a period of transition, and as you mention, thanks to the signings made by Hill and in the past Parkin, I think we have bought some time to weigh up our opportunities on the money front as we only sold Dawson in the summer, and even though we would love that money to go on players, unfortunately it seems unlikely. However, it does mean that we can give Beech a go, which may save us money in the long term and he hasn't had much chance to bring in players so I think your criticism is a little harsh.
The final nail? on 13:37 - Jan 18 with 2544 viewsShakerMaker

I can't quite see Billy Davies throwing his hat in for the Rochdale job!
The final nail? on 13:50 - Jan 18 with 2512 viewsBlueDutch

The final nail? on 11:39 - Jan 18 by 442Dale

Billy Davies? Seriously?

If you don't ask you don't get.

upthedale.nl

The final nail? on 14:00 - Jan 18 with 2492 viewsDale_Iain

Please tell me you're only after a bite? I'm not bothered if this counts as one, I'd rather be sure that there aren't any Dale fans out there thick enough to think things are that bad.
The final nail? on 14:12 - Jan 18 with 2462 views442Dale

The final nail? on 13:50 - Jan 18 by BlueDutch

Give me ten minutes, will ring Real Madrid to see if their bloke is available a couple of times a month.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The final nail? on 14:17 - Jan 18 with 2448 viewsTomRAFC

The final nail? on 13:50 - Jan 18 by BlueDutch

there are some high quality managers out of work like billy davies, dave jones, george burley

it is their availability the pushes people like aidy boothroyd to take the northampton job

we wont get davies. right now i'd like to see us go for dennis wise, kevin blackwell or iain dowie

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

The final nail? on 14:18 - Jan 18 with 2437 viewssandylaner1

The final nail? on 14:17 - Jan 18 by TomRAFC

there are some high quality managers out of work like billy davies, dave jones, george burley

it is their availability the pushes people like aidy boothroyd to take the northampton job

we wont get davies. right now i'd like to see us go for dennis wise, kevin blackwell or iain dowie

dennis wise!? oh lawd no thanks, for the same reasons as Ince.
The final nail? on 15:08 - Jan 18 with 2364 viewsBrierls

The final nail? on 14:17 - Jan 18 by TomRAFC

Being a poor manager whose teams play dull, ineffective football is what pushes people like Aidy Boothroyd to take the Northampton job. I wouldn't mind Blackwell or Dowie, but would prefer Coleman or O'Driscoll.

To even suggest Billy Davies when discussing potential Dale managers shows how detached from reality some people are (not aimed at you, Tom).
The final nail? on 15:55 - Jan 18 with 2285 viewschuckleberry

Back to the original post, Darlington given a two week reprieve

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16611879.stm
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024