Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ki Sung Yueng 06:35 - Jul 13 with 5392 viewssix_foot_two

Apparently a done deal according to the Metro, though 7m does sound a tad expensive.
Ki Sung Yueng on 09:20 - Jul 14 with 1002 viewseghamranger

He may be good in the spl, but that's a rubbish league, will be even worse this year as rangers are not there. I'm sure he is a good player but he's not been tested
Ki Sung Yueng on 14:45 - Jul 14 with 863 viewsTW_R

Ki Sung Yueng on 12:58 - Jul 13 by andygg

No you wouldnt!!

Why would the Korean public buy QPR shirts?
If they love the player so much, they`re more likely to buy a Korean National shirt and put his name on the back of that.

I`m not sure if i`m happy about this signing or not. Never really heard of the guy, and never seen him play, and £7 million?

"No you wouldnt!!

Why would the Korean public buy QPR shirts?
If they love the player so much, they`re more likely to buy a Korean National shirt and put his name on the back of that."

Eh? I thought it was a pretty well known fact that a high profile player moving to a new club attracts new shirt sales. When Beckham moved to Real Madrid they estimated his contract would be paid by shirt sales alone. I remember at the time of his move Adidas UK had serious problems filling orders because of the demand for the Real 23 shirt. It was one of the best selling shirts in the UK at the time. Are you telling me that there were that many Real fans buying shirts in the UK?

When he moved to LA Galaxy, they sold 250,000 shirts, before he'd even kicked a ball. As Blob has also posted, Park is already saying QPR have gone from being unknown to having a lot of press interest overnight. Article below:-

"Park Ji-sung says his arrival at QPR has already established the club in his native South Korea.

Rangers believe the midfielder’s move from Manchester United will boost their bid to build a strong fan base throughout Asia.

And Park explained: “In Korea they didn’t know much about QPR. They only focus on Korean players playing for clubs like Man United, Sunderland, Arsenal and Bolton.

“But after the last few days a lot of people in Korea now know about QPR and they’re famous. The media in Korea now talk a lot about QPR.”

Park, 31, rejected an offer from the Far East in favour of a move to Loftus Road.

“They offered more money than QPR but for me Europe is still the best place to play so I wanted that challenge,” he said
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024