Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Di Canio 13:34 - Sep 3 with 2332 viewsTW_R

Lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19464129
Di Canio on 14:46 - Sep 3 with 2180 viewsTacticalR

Someone could be hanging from the floodlights by piano wire pretty soon.

Air hostess clique

Di Canio on 14:51 - Sep 3 with 2153 viewsNorthernr

I'm amazed it's going so well for him there. Seems like a bloody car crash.

Still, he bummed Leon Clarke out for being a fat lazy cnt after one match so he gets my vote.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Di Canio on 15:49 - Sep 3 with 2079 viewsMildo25

Di Canio on 14:51 - Sep 3 by Northernr

I'm amazed it's going so well for him there. Seems like a bloody car crash.

Still, he bummed Leon Clarke out for being a fat lazy cnt after one match so he gets my vote.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I think he is being tolerated as results have gone well from him in the past year. If results don't go so well in the future it'll be interesting to see how long the Swindon board turn a blind eye to Di Canio's antics.
Di Canio on 16:17 - Sep 3 with 2030 viewswestberksr

got to love Di Canio; he is a grade A nutcase and football is better for his involvement. Demands professionalism from his players and will go toe to toe with any of them too.

It's a shame Charlie Austin isn't still there; I'd have bought a season ticket just to be there when those 2 kicked off (actually could have just bought a ticket for the first game!)

and as Clive pointed out; he went toe to toe with Leon Clarke too!
Di Canio on 16:23 - Sep 3 with 2004 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Di Canio on 16:17 - Sep 3 by westberksr

got to love Di Canio; he is a grade A nutcase and football is better for his involvement. Demands professionalism from his players and will go toe to toe with any of them too.

It's a shame Charlie Austin isn't still there; I'd have bought a season ticket just to be there when those 2 kicked off (actually could have just bought a ticket for the first game!)

and as Clive pointed out; he went toe to toe with Leon Clarke too!

Just googled Leon, he's going to have more clubs than Claridge.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Di Canio on 19:16 - Sep 3 with 1837 viewsCHUBBS

Di Canio on 15:49 - Sep 3 by Mildo25

I think he is being tolerated as results have gone well from him in the past year. If results don't go so well in the future it'll be interesting to see how long the Swindon board turn a blind eye to Di Canio's antics.

That doesn't hold water as he could be the nicest most professional manager in the world and would get the sack if he doesn't get good results.
You've got to admire the fact he is not a politically correct yes man and says things just as he see's them whilst proving to be a hell of a good manager.In fact i'd go as far as to say he'd fit right in at our club.
Di Canio on 19:42 - Sep 3 with 1785 viewsBlackCrowe

Love him. Old school character...need more in the game. Just not at LR.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Di Canio on 19:47 - Sep 3 with 1772 viewsMonahoop

Di Canio on 19:16 - Sep 3 by CHUBBS

That doesn't hold water as he could be the nicest most professional manager in the world and would get the sack if he doesn't get good results.
You've got to admire the fact he is not a politically correct yes man and says things just as he see's them whilst proving to be a hell of a good manager.In fact i'd go as far as to say he'd fit right in at our club.

Fit in at our club? Well in times past maybe, but not at present. A loose cannon of a manager like him wouldn't last five minutes in the Premier League. All that postulating and play acting just wouldn't wash at top level. A good manager for lower league clubs though, where such entertainment is more acceptable.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Login to get fewer ads

Di Canio on 20:00 - Sep 3 with 1741 viewsCHUBBS

Di Canio on 19:47 - Sep 3 by Monahoop

Fit in at our club? Well in times past maybe, but not at present. A loose cannon of a manager like him wouldn't last five minutes in the Premier League. All that postulating and play acting just wouldn't wash at top level. A good manager for lower league clubs though, where such entertainment is more acceptable.

Well he's an old school manager who takes no shit off any of the big time charlies.Just the sort of manager i'd like to see bossing some of the lazy useless sods we've had at our club over the last few years.
He's not a lot different to the great Clough personality wise,another manager who wouldn't last 5 minutes in todays modern player power game.
Di Canio on 20:08 - Sep 3 with 1724 viewsTacticalR

Di Canio on 20:00 - Sep 3 by CHUBBS

Well he's an old school manager who takes no shit off any of the big time charlies.Just the sort of manager i'd like to see bossing some of the lazy useless sods we've had at our club over the last few years.
He's not a lot different to the great Clough personality wise,another manager who wouldn't last 5 minutes in todays modern player power game.

Bring back Magilton!

Air hostess clique

Di Canio on 21:19 - Sep 3 with 1628 viewsjamois

I love him, think the English game is better for him and hope he goes far. But, have to say, calling out your player so personally and publicly is always a blunder. Best behind closed doors. Liverpool FC will not be calling...

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Di Canio on 21:36 - Sep 3 with 1595 viewsNorthLondonR

I think he came across as a bit of an ar£e - publicly blaming his 20 year old keeper who has only played a couple of games for 2 goals, taking him off after 20 mins, shouting at him as he trudged off and then proclaiming he will be finished if he doesn't apologise.....

Didn't think anything of it until I was watching ESPN Classic this evening and it was the west ham - Bradford game where he threw a strop after not being awarded a penalty and demanded to be substituted and then slunk to the floor when redknapp refused. Then ripped the ball from lampard's grasp after an altercation lasting around 2 minutes and thank fully scored the penalty.
Di Canio on 21:44 - Sep 3 with 1578 viewsTacticalR

I am wondering if there is a theatrical quality to this bust-up. His previous bust-up with Leon Clarke was a year ago to the day. By scapegoating somebody early in the season Di Canio can create fear among the remaining members of the squad for the rest of the season. However, as Roy Keane found, these 'if you're not for me you're against me' methods only get you so far.

Air hostess clique

Di Canio on 21:47 - Sep 3 with 1568 viewsNorthernr

Di Canio on 21:44 - Sep 3 by TacticalR

I am wondering if there is a theatrical quality to this bust-up. His previous bust-up with Leon Clarke was a year ago to the day. By scapegoating somebody early in the season Di Canio can create fear among the remaining members of the squad for the rest of the season. However, as Roy Keane found, these 'if you're not for me you're against me' methods only get you so far.

Yes they're absolutely fine while the team is winning. The second it isn't you're fcked on all sides.
Di Canio on 22:33 - Sep 3 with 1510 viewsJamie

Di Canio is running Swindon the way clubs used to be run. The managers word is sacrosanct, the players get a day off when the seasons over and if they don't like it they are welcome to fck off.

Foderingham was having a stinker so Di Canio subbed him. The player then throwing his toys out the pram is not Di Canios problem and if he doesn't want to apologise then he knows where the door is.

With a chairman who backs Di Canio it's a refreshing reversal of 'player power'.
Di Canio on 08:24 - Sep 4 with 1410 viewseasthertsr

He is also a fascist dont forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Di Canio on 11:28 - Sep 4 with 1341 viewsNorthernr

Must say I did laugh at his Sky interview: "Are we talking about Cech? No. We're talking about Wes. League One Wes."
Di Canio on 14:37 - Sep 6 with 1180 viewsfakekerby

He's at it again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19506410

Di Canio on 14:13 - Sep 9 with 930 viewsTacticalR

And again, following home defeat to Orient
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19533587

The thing is that he doesn't offer a single tactical insight the game. His only explanation for the defeat is 'passion', his only solution is 'hard work'.

Air hostess clique

Di Canio on 14:36 - Sep 9 with 878 viewsJamie

'in the last two years I've seen you more on twitter than the football pitch Rio'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2200435/Paolo-Di-Canio-Doing-j

Di Canio on 14:56 - Sep 9 with 840 viewsTacticalR

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

The problem is that it's a circular explanation.

If it's all about passion and trying hard, then if you are defeated you must have lacked passion and not tried hard enough.

I noticed that Paul Lambert doesn't criticise his players in public either now or when he was managing at this level.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024