Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Profiteering from a ST 15:28 - Sep 5 with 7143 viewsBlackCrowe

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/qpr/Sports-Tickets/Football/Barclays-Premier-League/Que

Not good.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Profiteering from a ST on 20:26 - Sep 5 with 1467 viewsNW5Hoop

Profiteering from a ST on 20:20 - Sep 5 by NW5Hoop

And to think I only got £45 for my two tickets for the Swansea game. ;)

I do have a problem with secondary ticketing in general: it encourages people to behave like touts. That's certainly the case with gigs these days, where they sell out quickly, and within minutes the secondary sites are filled with resellers offering tickets on huge mark-ups. Some actual acts have been caught out directing tickets straight to secondary sellers in recent years, too.

Now, I'm never going to charge £300 for tickets for a game I can't make. But at least in this case - because of the demand for season tickets in the summer - we can pretty sure they didn't buy tickets with the express intention of touting them. More likely a) they're missing the game and getting what they can b) they're touting for one game only c) they've seen the chance to pay for a big chunk of what is an expensive season ticket in one go.

As I say, wouldn't ask for that much myself - I'd ask in the vicinity of face price for a non-member - but then I'm paid well enough that I can afford not to make every penny I can out of a spare ticket.
Profiteering from a ST on 20:29 - Sep 5 with 1462 viewssmegma

Profiteering from a ST on 20:23 - Sep 5 by Marc

Encouraging profiting off of fellow fans, shameful.

Well said. If I tried to sell my ticket outside the ground for a £10 profit ,I can be arrested. But sell it through Viagogo and its fine, the club earns , you earn ,Viagogo earns and thats OK ??

Anyone who lets an away fan sit in his ST has his priorities all wrong. I'd rahter eat my own $h1t than let an away fan sit in my seat instead of a QPR fan.
Profiteering from a ST on 20:32 - Sep 5 with 1458 viewsyankranger

My friend is an Arsenal season ticket holder and they have a resale scheme that the club manages which works better. He can resell his ticket if he can't make a match, but the ticket is only sold at face value. The person that buys the ticket has to be an official club member. He then gets a credit to his account that can go towards away games or the next years seasons tickets. I think this works better all around.

If you have a season ticket and have to miss a game, it is good to get some money back and enable a fellow fan to attend at the same time. Better than it just going to waste. But to charge 6 times face value is just absurd.

Profiteering from a ST on 20:34 - Sep 5 with 1456 viewsDylanP

I can't see too much wrong with it on the face of it. The only problem I see is when games are sold out and people start buying up tickets ONLY to sell them on for profit. That is diabolical. But if people are just selling the weeks that they are not going to be able to make games, then why not. The ground is fuller and the original ticketholder is more likely to buy another seasonticket next year because they were able to get back money for the games they couldn't make. WIN-WIN

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Profiteering from a ST on 20:37 - Sep 5 with 1444 viewsWeAreQPR12

Very upsetting to see, and at those prices they really out to rip someone off. I hope a tourist doesn't jump at the chance of getting 1.
Profiteering from a ST on 20:38 - Sep 5 with 1446 viewsMarc

Profiteering from a ST on 20:37 - Sep 5 by WeAreQPR12

Very upsetting to see, and at those prices they really out to rip someone off. I hope a tourist doesn't jump at the chance of getting 1.

That will be the problem Les, some Johnycomelately with more money than sense will pay that price.
Profiteering from a ST on 20:39 - Sep 5 with 1442 viewsEalingHoop81

Profiteering from a ST on 20:29 - Sep 5 by smegma

Well said. If I tried to sell my ticket outside the ground for a £10 profit ,I can be arrested. But sell it through Viagogo and its fine, the club earns , you earn ,Viagogo earns and thats OK ??

Anyone who lets an away fan sit in his ST has his priorities all wrong. I'd rahter eat my own $h1t than let an away fan sit in my seat instead of a QPR fan.

Perhaps you should re-read my post. It wasn't instead of anyone. I couldn't go, my best mate is a WBA fan. The only mates I have that are QPR fans go to games so I gave it to my mate. Your right I must be a terrible person for doing that, I should have told him to do one and leave the seat empty.... be serious!

Profiteering from a ST on 20:40 - Sep 5 with 1433 viewsWeAreQPR12

Profiteering from a ST on 20:38 - Sep 5 by Marc

That will be the problem Les, some Johnycomelately with more money than sense will pay that price.

Les lol.

I was reading that site over there and found it quite amusing.

The fact is I have more bl oody impersonators than Elvis the king!
Login to get fewer ads

Profiteering from a ST on 20:45 - Sep 5 with 1431 viewsMarc

Profiteering from a ST on 20:40 - Sep 5 by WeAreQPR12

Les lol.

I was reading that site over there and found it quite amusing.

The fact is I have more bl oody impersonators than Elvis the king!

Back to WeAre it is.
Profiteering from a ST on 20:48 - Sep 5 with 1417 viewsWeAreQPR12

Profiteering from a ST on 20:45 - Sep 5 by Marc

Back to WeAre it is.

listen mate, I am all man and there is no cross dressing or funny business my end, fact!
Profiteering from a ST on 20:58 - Sep 5 with 1406 viewsEalingHoop81

Profiteering from a ST on 20:23 - Sep 5 by Marc

Encouraging profiting off of fellow fans, shameful.

I am not encouraging it at all. I just don't see the need for the knee-jerk reaction that was being shown. The club have taken steps to help season ticket holders to recoup some of their cash for games they can't get to. That's very positive in my book and I was very happy to A) get what I expect will be face value for a game I can't go to and B) see it go to a QPR fan.

The fact that some people out there will seek to get more is neither here nore there to me. Supply and demand will mean that it won't sell if people won't pay for them. You'd be pretty stupid to pay £300 for the Chelsea game. I also presume its still listed because it hasn't sold yet.... that price will come down I'm sure....
Profiteering from a ST on 21:01 - Sep 5 with 1400 viewsjonno

Profiteering from a ST on 18:04 - Sep 5 by warwickhoop

Why would it be illegal? On what grounds. If you bought a £10k list price car, and sold it for £12k. Is it illegal. If you have a personal asset you have the right to (try) and sell it for whatever you wish dependant on demand.
Added to the fact that almost everyone is feeling the pinch why not try and earn a bit, if someone is stupid enough to pay for it.
I am not saying it is right, and I am not selling mine.
Just playing devils advocate.
The club needs to take action, like the RFU have done.
Ban the sellers from making future purchases of tickets.
Until the Club steps in with penalties and definitive action, it will continue.

It's illegal because it says so on the ticket in the terms and conditions.
Profiteering from a ST on 21:10 - Sep 5 with 1386 viewssmegma

Profiteering from a ST on 20:26 - Sep 5 by NW5Hoop

I do have a problem with secondary ticketing in general: it encourages people to behave like touts. That's certainly the case with gigs these days, where they sell out quickly, and within minutes the secondary sites are filled with resellers offering tickets on huge mark-ups. Some actual acts have been caught out directing tickets straight to secondary sellers in recent years, too.

Now, I'm never going to charge £300 for tickets for a game I can't make. But at least in this case - because of the demand for season tickets in the summer - we can pretty sure they didn't buy tickets with the express intention of touting them. More likely a) they're missing the game and getting what they can b) they're touting for one game only c) they've seen the chance to pay for a big chunk of what is an expensive season ticket in one go.

As I say, wouldn't ask for that much myself - I'd ask in the vicinity of face price for a non-member - but then I'm paid well enough that I can afford not to make every penny I can out of a spare ticket.

For gigs there used to be a great site called Scarlet Mist where you could resell but no profit was allowed. Strange how it mysteriously closed then all of a sudden a host of sites appeared selling gig tickets at inflated prices. Scarlet Mist wasn't forced to close by the ticket agencies, gig promoters, record industry....oh no sirrreeeeeeee.
Profiteering from a ST on 21:47 - Sep 5 with 1355 viewsM40R

I think that overall it's a great scheme. Advantages include:

- Genuine fans who can't make every match less likely to throw money down the drain.
- Fewer empty seats in the ground - better atmosphere
- Club gets a few extra quid
- Rangers fans who can't afford or justify a ST have more chance of seeing the team.

On the downside:

- High risk that non QPR fans will turn up in home areas - there is no real vetting of buyers so I can seek Chelski followers turning up.
- The corrosive effects of profiteering.

Can't see an obvious answer to the first disadvantage but the second can be simply fixed by limiting tickets to face value.

Incidentally, I see that the exact seat number of each ticket for sake is shown on the viagogo site - perhaps this will be enough to shame the profiteers. Not sure I'd like the regulars to know how much I was asking for...
Profiteering from a ST on 21:53 - Sep 5 with 1348 viewsHayesender

Feck me, and to think I've given mine away for this game for the price of a beer

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Profiteering from a ST on 21:56 - Sep 5 with 1319 viewsHoopstar

Whilst I don't have a problem with people allowing a mate who supports the opposition to use their season ticket if they can't attend a match (providing of course said mate isn't a complete tool and respects the situation, I was away with work for a month prior to the 4-0 boxing day win over Swansea in the promotion year and was so desperate to watch the game I badly faked a Welsh accent bought on the day and sat in the Upper School End as it was a sell-out by the time I got organised enough - I called the emotion I experienced terror joy.) However this profiteering is horrific and means some idiot with no real allegiance to the club or even match will be sitting there (worst still a Chelsea fan, my tolerance of the occasional opposition fan only goes so far) as it's hardly going to be a committed QPR fan as even those like myself without the time luxury to attend week in week out will have seen the sense of buying a membership and I got my tickets to the Chelsea game with no problem whatsoever and so in a grudge game where the hostile atmosphere genuinely provides a crucial component of any potential success the likelihood is there'll be some neutral, unappreciating git wasting a seat
Profiteering from a ST on 21:57 - Sep 5 with 1317 viewsMarc

[IMG] http://i46.tinypic.com/v6roy0.png[/IMG]

Look at that handling fee
Profiteering from a ST on 22:01 - Sep 5 with 1308 viewskysersosaqpr

Profiteering from a ST on 20:32 - Sep 5 by yankranger

My friend is an Arsenal season ticket holder and they have a resale scheme that the club manages which works better. He can resell his ticket if he can't make a match, but the ticket is only sold at face value. The person that buys the ticket has to be an official club member. He then gets a credit to his account that can go towards away games or the next years seasons tickets. I think this works better all around.

If you have a season ticket and have to miss a game, it is good to get some money back and enable a fellow fan to attend at the same time. Better than it just going to waste. But to charge 6 times face value is just absurd.

Not bothered about cost - just a system that allows recycling to our fans not some spoilt Russian scum supporting brat. Arsenal system seems worth trying.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Profiteering from a ST on 22:57 - Sep 5 with 1285 viewsBlackCrowe

I think it's fine if
a) there is a cap on face value: club gets 50%, viagogo gets 50% plus their fees. seller gets his price back, club earns an extra 50% on that seat and viagogo gets a good return

and

b) the ticket can only be sold to members and/or pre-QPR registered supporters.

Other than that, it seems wrong to me when caps have been put on STs and membership.

I bought an extra for the Swansea game through Viagogo for the right price and fees. That's how it should be. Except for the result.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Profiteering from a ST on 08:05 - Sep 6 with 1205 viewsBushman

I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years.
If I can't go I give it to one of my mates,probably breaking terms & conditions & likelihood of having ticket revoked if busted.
So why shouldn't I sell my ticket(legally) in a scheme endorsed by the club?
In fact it was flagged up as a reason to renew.
I however agree it should be restricted to home fans(members)only.
Otherwise seat is left empty if I abide by the T&C so I cant see how am I depriving a fellow supporter?
It seems it is a reward for your loyalty for having committed £700 in June.
Obviously it would need to be monitored and perhaps only allowed 2/3 games a season when you can sell your seat to avoid exploitation.

While I'm here the loyalty points system is a joke IMHO - people who have been season ticket holders of over say 10 years should be at the front of the queue all day.

Not someone who went to Blackburn away last season.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Profiteering from a ST on 12:02 - Sep 6 with 1145 viewslinda08

Response from Club:

"Viagogo is an authorised Ticket Marketplace that has been put in place by the Club as a benefit to Season Ticket Holders so that they have an opportunity to re-sell their seats for fixtures they can’t attend. The price they re-sell at may be above or below face value. We allow Season Ticket Holders to choose the price they sell their tickets at to encourage them to use the platform, which is safe and transparent for buyers and sellers. Ultimately the Club hopes this will lead to fewer empty seats on match-days. We appreciate that some season ticket holders might choose to re-sell their seat above face values for matches such as the Chelsea match, however many also sold below face value for the Swansea match."

However, thanks for the info about the Arsenal system. I'll make a note and bring to one of the OSC meetings with the Club.
Profiteering from a ST on 12:10 - Sep 6 with 1136 viewsNorthernr

Profiteering from a ST on 08:05 - Sep 6 by Bushman

I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years.
If I can't go I give it to one of my mates,probably breaking terms & conditions & likelihood of having ticket revoked if busted.
So why shouldn't I sell my ticket(legally) in a scheme endorsed by the club?
In fact it was flagged up as a reason to renew.
I however agree it should be restricted to home fans(members)only.
Otherwise seat is left empty if I abide by the T&C so I cant see how am I depriving a fellow supporter?
It seems it is a reward for your loyalty for having committed £700 in June.
Obviously it would need to be monitored and perhaps only allowed 2/3 games a season when you can sell your seat to avoid exploitation.

While I'm here the loyalty points system is a joke IMHO - people who have been season ticket holders of over say 10 years should be at the front of the queue all day.

Not someone who went to Blackburn away last season.

I don't think it's the selling on of season tickets that's the problem, it's people trying to sell them on for £300 for a big game.

Loyalty points should definitely reflect years of service, rather than just service this year.

I think Ipswich used to (might still) run a scheme where supporters are graded based on number of away games attended over several years and number of years as a season ticket holder and tickets go on sale accordingly.
Profiteering from a ST on 12:15 - Sep 6 with 1127 viewsQPunkR

Profiteering from a ST on 12:02 - Sep 6 by linda08

Response from Club:

"Viagogo is an authorised Ticket Marketplace that has been put in place by the Club as a benefit to Season Ticket Holders so that they have an opportunity to re-sell their seats for fixtures they can’t attend. The price they re-sell at may be above or below face value. We allow Season Ticket Holders to choose the price they sell their tickets at to encourage them to use the platform, which is safe and transparent for buyers and sellers. Ultimately the Club hopes this will lead to fewer empty seats on match-days. We appreciate that some season ticket holders might choose to re-sell their seat above face values for matches such as the Chelsea match, however many also sold below face value for the Swansea match."

However, thanks for the info about the Arsenal system. I'll make a note and bring to one of the OSC meetings with the Club.

The Arsenal system is definitely the way forward.
I personally just give my ST to a QPR mate in need if I can't ever make a game (though I cleverly arranged my hol this year around our home games!) for a pint or two but don't see the harm in people selling on their tickets at face value. The only problem is that we don't want to encourage any more tourists or away fans to sit in the home ends and dilute the atmosphere even more. That's the tricky bit really, and Arsenal seem to have it more sussed than others.

QPR - "shit but local"

Profiteering from a ST on 13:46 - Sep 6 with 1081 viewsM40R

Let's do the math as the Americans say.

Next year I buy an extra Gold ST at say £709 (this year's price). I sell it via viagogo for 5 matches at £250 net each match (after their cut and VAT). For 6 matches I only get £30 net. For the remaining 8 matches I can't sell it.

I make that £721 clear profit, or about a 100% return on my investment.

Sounds like I might buy a few ST's next summer...

Empty seats for 8 matches but do I care? Away fans in the seat other times but do I care?
Profiteering from a ST on 14:40 - Sep 6 with 1043 viewsrcap

Couldn't an ST holder with the "Super Hoops" upgrade buy an extra ticket for a home match eg. against Scum, then sell his ST on there for silly money?

That would seem to be the real danger regarding profiteering. Have to be organised & fairly amoral, but perfectly possible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024