Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm going to be controversial.... 13:07 - Sep 26 with 920 viewsPizanti

I'd love a cup run in the league cup and a day out at Wembley/European football next year ...this is our only realistic chance of winning a trophy with the big boys playing weakened teams ...really hope Hughes goes for it tonight and plays the strongest 11.
I'm going to be controversial.... on 13:10 - Sep 26 with 904 viewsVish

not sure why thats so controversial!
I'm going to be controversial.... on 13:17 - Sep 26 with 866 viewsessextaxiboy

Warnock got absolutely slaughtered for playing a strong team when Ale got injured .All with the benefit of hindsight of course

Do we really want to run that risk again on a wet pitch on a cold night . We already have lots of injuries and its still September . To lose Ale , Granero , Zamora even Dyer at the mo would be a disaster .

Let the 2nd string give it a real go.
I'm going to be controversial.... on 13:19 - Sep 26 with 854 viewsTW_R

I'm going to be controversial.... on 13:10 - Sep 26 by Vish

not sure why thats so controversial!

ooooh - very controversial!!
I'm going to be controversial.... on 13:22 - Sep 26 with 844 viewssmegma

I'm going to be controversial.... on 13:17 - Sep 26 by essextaxiboy

Warnock got absolutely slaughtered for playing a strong team when Ale got injured .All with the benefit of hindsight of course

Do we really want to run that risk again on a wet pitch on a cold night . We already have lots of injuries and its still September . To lose Ale , Granero , Zamora even Dyer at the mo would be a disaster .

Warnock got slaughtered ?? By whom ?
I'm going to be controversial.... on 13:22 - Sep 26 with 840 viewsHollowayRanger

the TOTALLY VITAL key players for me are

ZAMORRA and NELSEN they for me must not play

behind them hill onouha dyer faurlin shouldnt play

ciise needs a goal so worth the gamble,midfield we have plenty of options so faurlin apart let them play

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

I'm going to be controversial.... on 13:25 - Sep 26 with 826 viewsessextaxiboy

Posters on this forum .
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
I'm going to be controversial.... on 13:29 - Sep 26 with 803 viewsTW_R

Vegetables can be green.
I'm going to be controversial.... on 13:34 - Sep 26 with 787 viewss1cRanger

As I am going to this game I would like to see us field a strong side, but I understand if there are some players that are kept off the pitch just in case. I expect Green will start for example.

Personally I dont mind this as I think the squad is stong enough now to win either way. I would be happy to see Diakite, Green, Ephraim and Adel play tonight
Login to get fewer ads

I'm going to be controversial.... on 13:35 - Sep 26 with 783 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'd love a cup run and want Hughes to field a strongish team - but we'd be stupid to play Dyer (injury waiting to happen), Nelsen (played while sick vs Spurs) and Zamora (picked up a knock vs Spurs) with a game against West Ham coming up that isn't must win, but is very important!

Play the guys who need match practice, players who have been on the bench and have something to prove and in defence the kids due to the injuries.

I'm going to be controversial.... on 14:30 - Sep 26 with 701 viewsdaveB

Warnock needed to beat MK Dons to have any chance of keeping his job and his team that day was still a weakened one with Taarabt left out, DJ up front, Helguson on the bench.

I never understand the mass panic about injuries for a cup game but no chance they can get injure din training or in the league. I'd be more worried about a red card if previous Reading games are anything to go by when the refereeing comittee comes to town
I'm going to be controversial.... on 14:34 - Sep 26 with 694 viewsLewes_r

Im not greedy. I want premier League survival. dont care for the cups just yet..

In a few years when we are banging our heads against the iron door of the top end of the Prem (like Everton) Then yes.. lets try and get some silverware but right now we are in a very important phase of our history and key injuries chasing cups could put us in danger

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

I'm going to be controversial.... on 14:37 - Sep 26 with 684 viewspomanjou

I'm going to be controversial.... on 14:34 - Sep 26 by Lewes_r

Im not greedy. I want premier League survival. dont care for the cups just yet..

In a few years when we are banging our heads against the iron door of the top end of the Prem (like Everton) Then yes.. lets try and get some silverware but right now we are in a very important phase of our history and key injuries chasing cups could put us in danger

Sound reasoning, agree with that. Priorities.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

I'm going to be controversial.... on 14:42 - Sep 26 with 664 viewsDieByYourSide

With the squad we have we should be comfortably backing ourselves to stay up, for that reason I'd love us to give the cups a real go. We must be far better than that Birmingham side that won the Carling Cup a few years ago.

Poll: And it's hi ho

I'm going to be controversial.... on 15:31 - Sep 26 with 624 viewsHollowayRanger

same here if everyone was fit id play our first best 11

but with so many defenders injured and as being stupidly short of forward options i think its vital we protect nelsen zamorra and even the likes of hill onouha dyer

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

I'm going to be controversial.... on 15:35 - Sep 26 with 613 viewsTW_R

I'm going to be controversial.... on 15:31 - Sep 26 by HollowayRanger

same here if everyone was fit id play our first best 11

but with so many defenders injured and as being stupidly short of forward options i think its vital we protect nelsen zamorra and even the likes of hill onouha dyer

Yeah - would be good to have a good mix of youth and experience. Reading are looking to rest a few tonight, so I think we should be able to do the same and still win. With the likes of Adel, Mbia & Diakite potentially available I think we've got a much stronger squad than they have, so we should be able to cope.
I'm going to be controversial.... on 15:56 - Sep 26 with 589 viewsHAYESBOY

I wouldnt play:

Nelson
Faurlin
Granero
Zamora
Dyer

I read somehwere that Tarbs and M'bia are available so would give them a run out.

Possibly have M'bia with Diakite in as the middle 2.

Green
Harriman Hill Onouha Ehmer
M'bia Diakite
Mackie Tarbs Hoilett
Cisse

Smells like a trout farm in here

I'm going to be controversial.... on 16:13 - Sep 26 with 559 viewsMildo25

I'm going to be controversial.... on 15:56 - Sep 26 by HAYESBOY

I wouldnt play:

Nelson
Faurlin
Granero
Zamora
Dyer

I read somehwere that Tarbs and M'bia are available so would give them a run out.

Possibly have M'bia with Diakite in as the middle 2.

Green
Harriman Hill Onouha Ehmer
M'bia Diakite
Mackie Tarbs Hoilett
Cisse

I second that, assuming those players are fit to play. Reckon that should be strong enough to beat Reading. Maybe give Derry a start? The main aim should be to get through the evening without any more injuries.
I'm going to be controversial.... on 16:13 - Sep 26 with 558 viewsRoller

I'm going to be controversial.... on 13:17 - Sep 26 by essextaxiboy

He also got slaughtered for losing to Rochdale with a weakened team.

I'm going to be controversial.... on 16:24 - Sep 26 with 536 viewsBedford_R

Winning helps to breed confidence so I would be happy with a strong team tonight. A nice cup run would do the team the world of good.

RMH_R Reborn

I'm going to be controversial.... on 16:48 - Sep 26 with 498 viewsTW_R

I'm going to be controversial.... on 16:24 - Sep 26 by Bedford_R

Winning helps to breed confidence so I would be happy with a strong team tonight. A nice cup run would do the team the world of good.

That's what the Birmingham fans said!
I'm going to be controversial.... on 18:35 - Sep 26 with 439 viewsTHEBUSH

Don't suppose Reading will be playing their strongest team tonight, so maybe we can get away with resting our best players, Granero, Faurlin, Zamora etc..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024