Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My meeting with Coleman 16:34 - Dec 17 with 8829 viewsRAFC1907

He believes he will get things right, you can tell he is'nt happy with the league position.

He is very keen and passionate about the football club, he understands frustrations, he wants the club to be successful, and is doing his utmost to deliver.

He said players are not happy with themselves.

He said he is finding out who mighty scouse is and the player/staff member will be gone from the club.

Rumours about the £20 and off you go training session got out of hand, Salford was flooded, they did gym work early in the morning, they usually would have done it in the afternoon and due to this he said if the players got together £200 they could go home, the money goes into the pot for xmas party.

Cavanagh is a scapegoat and if he makes 20 good passes nobody moans, but once a bad one is made thats it.

He admits the defence is a little light and he has put too much on the younger lads shoulders.

When asked about wingers he said it worked against Bristol Rovers but the best team in the world dont use them.

He seemed a decent bloke, well interested in football and was honest.

Id say about 25 people turned up.

Poll: Bottomley...

My meeting with Coleman on 16:39 - Dec 17 with 3521 views442Dale

So we used wide players v Bristol R and we won, yet haven't used it since and lost every game.

But that's ok because other teams don't use them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

My meeting with Coleman on 16:42 - Dec 17 with 3484 viewsraadale

My meeting with Coleman on 16:39 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

So we used wide players v Bristol R and we won, yet haven't used it since and lost every game.

But that's ok because other teams don't use them.

I picked up on that, With all due respect Mr Coleman, We are NOT the best team in the world and this is not the best league in the world. If it works in this league then lets use it. When we start our champions league campaign then we can drop the wingers...
My meeting with Coleman on 16:44 - Dec 17 with 3451 viewsjudd

My meeting with Coleman on 16:42 - Dec 17 by raadale

I picked up on that, With all due respect Mr Coleman, We are NOT the best team in the world and this is not the best league in the world. If it works in this league then lets use it. When we start our champions league campaign then we can drop the wingers...

Thanks for posting and I hope JC is happy that you have.

The Cav thing that gets me every time are the statistics with him in the side in CM and with him out the side.

That's not scapegoating - that's dealing with FACT.

Poll: What is it to be then?

My meeting with Coleman on 16:46 - Dec 17 with 3426 viewschuckleberry

Thanks for posting. Are you confident after speaking with him that he can turn it around?
My meeting with Coleman on 16:46 - Dec 17 with 3426 viewsrochdale1987

My meeting with Coleman on 16:44 - Dec 17 by judd

The Cav thing that gets me every time are the statistics with him in the side in CM and with him out the side.

I agree Judd, the unbeaten run with Tutte as captain was no co-incidence, a real fact that Coleman needs to deal with before we start plummeting down the table.
My meeting with Coleman on 16:47 - Dec 17 with 3408 views442Dale

My meeting with Coleman on 16:44 - Dec 17 by judd

And the one time he plays as part if a central two, we win. Hardly doing him any favours in a system that's not getting results.

My meeting with Coleman on 16:57 - Dec 17 with 3326 viewsToffeemanc

Thanks for the update.

Having read that it's basically a collection of recent statements he has made, it appears to me as though nothing is going to change until January when we have the option to change a few players IF the budget allows. The comment about the best team in the world not using wingers seems to highlight his stubborn streak to me, and would suggest we can all forget about the team playing with any width and better get used to the boring entertainment free football on offer which a lot of fans clearly don't want to pay to watch.

Coleman does deserve respect for speaking to supporters face to face, but I don't think most will like what they have heard if this is what they have all been told.

Hope we get a positive result on Friday because another heavy home defeat and Coleman's apparent unwillingness to change the tactics will only lead to more frustration among fans and further calls for his head.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

My meeting with Coleman on 16:58 - Dec 17 with 3314 viewspioneer

So dont expect any changes then! The fact that his way is failing repeatedly against all manner of opponents is irrelevant - he will do it his way because his way will work. (Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results)

Lets hope it begins to work before we hit the conference.

Still cannot get over the matter of his captain has been disciplined in the past for betting against his own (and JC's) team.

I wonder if the others who were caught might be available in the January transfer window.

Maybe someone has something to gain from our current form.

I suppose we can but hope that mighty scouse = cavanagh
Login to get fewer ads

My meeting with Coleman on 17:04 - Dec 17 with 3250 views442Dale

That £200 raised could be used in better ways too.

My meeting with Coleman on 17:05 - Dec 17 with 3245 viewsD_Alien

Did anyone raise the issue of discipline - on the field, and off it?

Or was it just JC making a statement and that was it, apart from the width issue?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

My meeting with Coleman on 17:12 - Dec 17 with 3191 viewsolympicdale

Okay, so the likes of Barca/Bayern/Dortmund dont play with wingers, yes thats true, but we cant call on the likes of Iniesta/Schweinsteiger or Goetze to compensate.

How can he compare us, in any strenuous way, to the likes of those, what a ridiculous comment from Coleman, just highlights his stubbornness which I've grown to hate about him, and ultimately what will get him sacked. I havent enjoyed a single moment from any game since Bristol, we're not even losing despite playing well.

Life is a game of fate.

My meeting with Coleman on 17:17 - Dec 17 with 3151 viewsMoonyDale

After the comments re Cav and the lack of width I left feeling completely baffled, the results with Cav as captain have been crap but it's the fans fault for jumping on the bad passes. Allied with the remarks about the best teams in the world not using width, although the last time we won a game we did it from out wide. There will be no changes in formations or team selections it seems, very very worried for the rest of the campaign.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

My meeting with Coleman on 17:21 - Dec 17 with 3117 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

How can he compare us to Football Club in Champions League thats shocking were Rochdale in 4th Tier of the English League, Did anybody ask him were he's gonna get the 20 points from to see us to survive in the 4th tier

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

My meeting with Coleman on 17:22 - Dec 17 with 3110 viewsrochdale1987

My meeting with Coleman on 17:17 - Dec 17 by MoonyDale

After the comments re Cav and the lack of width I left feeling completely baffled, the results with Cav as captain have been crap but it's the fans fault for jumping on the bad passes. Allied with the remarks about the best teams in the world not using width, although the last time we won a game we did it from out wide. There will be no changes in formations or team selections it seems, very very worried for the rest of the campaign.....

Dunphy should be the one worrying most, we are all worried enough but if he cant wake up and stop pretending everything is going to be ok, we are going to be in major trouble, i think we will get hammered in 3 out of the next 4 games excluding burton, where i think we might only concede 2 or 3.
My meeting with Coleman on 17:22 - Dec 17 with 3105 viewsnordenblue

My meeting with Coleman on 17:12 - Dec 17 by olympicdale

Okay, so the likes of Barca/Bayern/Dortmund dont play with wingers, yes thats true, but we cant call on the likes of Iniesta/Schweinsteiger or Goetze to compensate.

How can he compare us, in any strenuous way, to the likes of those, what a ridiculous comment from Coleman, just highlights his stubbornness which I've grown to hate about him, and ultimately what will get him sacked. I havent enjoyed a single moment from any game since Bristol, we're not even losing despite playing well.

He can be as stubborn as he likes sat in an empty stadium with nobody willing to shell out any more to witness such dross for 90 mins, to continually make the same mistakes without using a quite simple and obvious remedy is nothing short of suicidal. He certainly makes my decision to stop attending several games ago seem a belting idea,keep up the good work JC youre saving me a fortune together with countless other people in exactly the same boat
My meeting with Coleman on 17:24 - Dec 17 with 3087 viewsRAFC1907

My meeting with Coleman on 16:46 - Dec 17 by chuckleberry

Thanks for posting. Are you confident after speaking with him that he can turn it around?

I believe he wants to but what happens is something else.

He is hungry for success there is no doubt.

Some looked like they wanted to give him a stern talking too.

By the way he is rather slim.

I dont think we are all mad because of the football, but the football club just does not feel like a football club.

In the past we had sticky patches under Parkin and Hill, and they did turn them around, lets hope Coleman can.

My meeting with Coleman on 17:25 - Dec 17 with 3073 views442Dale

What form did the Q&A take, one to ones or a mini forum with all fans together?

My meeting with Coleman on 17:27 - Dec 17 with 3040 viewsratmandale

My meeting with Coleman on 17:22 - Dec 17 by nordenblue

He can be as stubborn as he likes sat in an empty stadium with nobody willing to shell out any more to witness such dross for 90 mins, to continually make the same mistakes without using a quite simple and obvious remedy is nothing short of suicidal. He certainly makes my decision to stop attending several games ago seem a belting idea,keep up the good work JC youre saving me a fortune together with countless other people in exactly the same boat

It's not the best at the moment, granted, but were not far from where we need to be and were playing badly. It's the first season with the team together properly. If we sack jc, who do we get in? We're then back to finding a new manager, unsettling the team in the meantime and them having to start taking on board new ideas and approaches when a new man is appointed.

I am too frustrated but let's stick with it until January and see what happens. Then we'll see what he's made of in the second half of the season.
My meeting with Coleman on 17:34 - Dec 17 with 2980 viewsRAFC1907

My meeting with Coleman on 17:25 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

What form did the Q&A take, one to ones or a mini forum with all fans together?

You could go in on your own or in a group

My meeting with Coleman on 17:35 - Dec 17 with 2977 viewsNerazzurri

I too have just got back from meeting the manager. I will echo the sentiments regarding his passion and enthusiasm for the game. I took a slightly different route and left most of the questions about wingers, mightyscouse etc for others to deal with.

On width he did mention that Barcelona don't use wingers but not as a way of justifying us not using them. He has no problem playing 442 but it can be too easy for the other team to put an extra man in midfield and swamp it. We started with the same system against York as we did against Bristol Rovers and exactly that happened but he should have made changes sooner. He wants us to play with width and movement and feels we do it quite well when Grant and Putterill are on song. He gets frustrated when we start lumping it long and said that football on the floor is the only way to go. The instructions are certainly not to play long ball.

We talked about sports science and he absolutely does believe in it. He spent an afternoon a few weeks back giving a talk at John Moores university to a load of sports scientists. When he joined we had prozone and all sorts of stuff but the budget isn't there this season so it had to go. It's a pain in the arse for him because he has to manually go through the videos himself now which takes hours. Prozone is roughly the cost of a player.

Overall I was very pleased with what I got out of it. There were no restrictions on what I could ask, it was just me and Coleman in a room having a chat and at no point did I feel rushed to finish and get out either. Fair play to him for sitting there listening to us lot all afternoon!

Forza Nerazzurri

My meeting with Coleman on 17:39 - Dec 17 with 2955 viewsnordenblue

My meeting with Coleman on 17:27 - Dec 17 by ratmandale

It's not the best at the moment, granted, but were not far from where we need to be and were playing badly. It's the first season with the team together properly. If we sack jc, who do we get in? We're then back to finding a new manager, unsettling the team in the meantime and them having to start taking on board new ideas and approaches when a new man is appointed.

I am too frustrated but let's stick with it until January and see what happens. Then we'll see what he's made of in the second half of the season.

Not necessarily talking about a new manager just an acceptance to what he's currently doing is not working and for him to maybe put his own stubbornness/ego to one side for a minute and alter things that so blatantly require changing?He has stumbled across the remedy yet continually resorts back to previous formations and certain favourites that have proven to be so wrong its criminal!!He has made basic errors all this season and dropped players would in previous games performed well etc and tries to shoe horn old faces into roles they can't play,still don't understand for the life of me how he's not tried a different keeper out,some of the howlers I've seen Josh do wouldn't be out of place on Springfield Park
My meeting with Coleman on 17:40 - Dec 17 with 2947 viewsolympicdale

My meeting with Coleman on 17:35 - Dec 17 by Nerazzurri

I too have just got back from meeting the manager. I will echo the sentiments regarding his passion and enthusiasm for the game. I took a slightly different route and left most of the questions about wingers, mightyscouse etc for others to deal with.

On width he did mention that Barcelona don't use wingers but not as a way of justifying us not using them. He has no problem playing 442 but it can be too easy for the other team to put an extra man in midfield and swamp it. We started with the same system against York as we did against Bristol Rovers and exactly that happened but he should have made changes sooner. He wants us to play with width and movement and feels we do it quite well when Grant and Putterill are on song. He gets frustrated when we start lumping it long and said that football on the floor is the only way to go. The instructions are certainly not to play long ball.

We talked about sports science and he absolutely does believe in it. He spent an afternoon a few weeks back giving a talk at John Moores university to a load of sports scientists. When he joined we had prozone and all sorts of stuff but the budget isn't there this season so it had to go. It's a pain in the arse for him because he has to manually go through the videos himself now which takes hours. Prozone is roughly the cost of a player.

Overall I was very pleased with what I got out of it. There were no restrictions on what I could ask, it was just me and Coleman in a room having a chat and at no point did I feel rushed to finish and get out either. Fair play to him for sitting there listening to us lot all afternoon!

interesting bit about the sports science, just shows the people who were bashing him on this topic, not believing in it, too old fashioned etc, shows what they knew.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

My meeting with Coleman on 17:47 - Dec 17 with 2898 viewsTalkingSutty

My meeting with Coleman on 17:05 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

Did anyone raise the issue of discipline - on the field, and off it?

Or was it just JC making a statement and that was it, apart from the width issue?

Yes,i raised the issue of discipline both on and off the field with the manager and he stated we are not one of the worst in the league for on the field behaviour and that was the way other teams play so we shouldnt be singled out.

I brought up the off field rumours which Coleman suggested where all untrue apart from a fight in the dressing room after the last home match. I stated that information could only have come from within the dressing room or a member of staff and Coleman acknowledged that fact and agreed there is somebody who has it in for him.

The manager also expressed his anger at discussions on the forum and posts regarding his own personal behaviour. He mentioned in particular the supposed incident when he was supposed to turn up at training last season drunk, he suggested that he was close to taking legal action and stated that if it continued he would look at having the forum closed down.

Coleman stated that those type of rumours which he emphasised were not true could have a severe impact on his managerial career. I have to agree, i think we all have to think a bit before posting such allegations. He also denied the banning from hotels, bookies etc incidents. Regarding the fight in the dressing room he correctly stated it happens in every changing room in the country from time to time.

I wasnt going to post regarding my meeting but feel i have to give the managers version of events to balance things up.
My meeting with Coleman on 17:57 - Dec 17 with 2829 viewsmizfit

After my meeting with JC and JB today I have the utmost confidence in them to turn it around.
It Was very informative and they know where they are going wrong and working hard to get it rot and are hopeful of securing their targets in January to help us push on
JC comes across as a top bloke who really cares about the club and loves his football. Had a good laugh with him too
Overall very happy after today and will fully behind the lads and gaffer as I'm pretty sure they can turn it around
My meeting with Coleman on 17:59 - Dec 17 with 2823 viewsBobbyjoe

My meeting with Coleman on 17:27 - Dec 17 by ratmandale

Ronnie Moore turned round Tranmere almost instantaneously last season. The question is whether a manager is holding back the players, or whether the players aren't good enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024