Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My meeting with Coleman 16:34 - Dec 17 with 8832 viewsRAFC1907

He believes he will get things right, you can tell he is'nt happy with the league position.

He is very keen and passionate about the football club, he understands frustrations, he wants the club to be successful, and is doing his utmost to deliver.

He said players are not happy with themselves.

He said he is finding out who mighty scouse is and the player/staff member will be gone from the club.

Rumours about the £20 and off you go training session got out of hand, Salford was flooded, they did gym work early in the morning, they usually would have done it in the afternoon and due to this he said if the players got together £200 they could go home, the money goes into the pot for xmas party.

Cavanagh is a scapegoat and if he makes 20 good passes nobody moans, but once a bad one is made thats it.

He admits the defence is a little light and he has put too much on the younger lads shoulders.

When asked about wingers he said it worked against Bristol Rovers but the best team in the world dont use them.

He seemed a decent bloke, well interested in football and was honest.

Id say about 25 people turned up.

Poll: Bottomley...

My meeting with Coleman on 20:03 - Dec 17 with 1400 viewsrafc1984

Firstly I have to say, I found the bloke to be very passionate about the game.
For me though, this opportunity was about gauging the man, to see what he was like as a person, and if I still believed he was the right man for OUR beloved football club.
My meeting with him was fantastic, at no point did he refuse or object to any questions, and I believe he answered them all as honestly as he possibly could. Some things I asked him, I dont believe should be posted on here, so I wont.
I was never rushed (in for 45 mins) and it was conducted at my pace, so I was happy with the answers he gave me, and left feeling a lot more positive, that he WILL turn things around.

Things I asked...

Twitter - and certain players tweets, - he agreed with me that a couple of them need reigning in, and it will lead to a disciplinary. A couple of players have already been spoken to last week.

Width/wingers - see other previous posts.

Defence - We both praised the young lads at the back, but he agrees that we need to strengthen. Hopefully this will happen in January, targets already in mind.

Players in/out - players need to go, before reinforcements can come in.

This message board/Mighty Scouse - Says he reads board occasionally, and when things that need to be read, are brought to his attention.
Mighty Scouse WILL be found, and he/she will be leaving the club. If some of what was posted on here, had landed on twitter, he would be sueing.

Gary Jones - there was no arguement or falling out, Gary was poor in his last dozen or so games for Dale. However in the game he was dropped, GJ was told on the thursday, and given the opportunity to have the weekend off, or come to the match. He opted to take the weekend off.
JC offered GJ a coaching role, which he decided not to take up, as he wanted to concentrate on the remainding time left in his footballing career.

Sports Science - see previous posts.

Old pals act - said nobody ever did him any favours in his playing career, and that he would not bring ANYONE to the club, that could threaten his position.

After my meeting, I had a chat with Leighanne about, perhaps the opportunity to have another of these days with Mr Dunphy, in relation to off the field issues, she agreed to feed that back.

One last point - not many proffesional football clubs would give you the chance to meet the manager on today's basis. As one of my Sheff Utd mates said to me yesterday "fook me, can you imagine me ringing up and asking for an appointment with Danny Wilson, I would get laughed off the phone". A lot of outsiders believe we have a cracking football club. Lets see if us Daleys can get a bit of that feel good factor back. A bit more positivity can help us move forward.

My meeting with Coleman on 20:04 - Dec 17 with 1389 viewsTVOS1907

My meeting with Coleman on 17:47 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

Yes,i raised the issue of discipline both on and off the field with the manager and he stated we are not one of the worst in the league for on the field behaviour and that was the way other teams play so we shouldnt be singled out.

I brought up the off field rumours which Coleman suggested where all untrue apart from a fight in the dressing room after the last home match. I stated that information could only have come from within the dressing room or a member of staff and Coleman acknowledged that fact and agreed there is somebody who has it in for him.

The manager also expressed his anger at discussions on the forum and posts regarding his own personal behaviour. He mentioned in particular the supposed incident when he was supposed to turn up at training last season drunk, he suggested that he was close to taking legal action and stated that if it continued he would look at having the forum closed down.

Coleman stated that those type of rumours which he emphasised were not true could have a severe impact on his managerial career. I have to agree, i think we all have to think a bit before posting such allegations. He also denied the banning from hotels, bookies etc incidents. Regarding the fight in the dressing room he correctly stated it happens in every changing room in the country from time to time.

I wasnt going to post regarding my meeting but feel i have to give the managers version of events to balance things up.

Regarding the disciplinary issues, it's irrelevant to us how other teams play or what other teams' disciplinary record is.

We are only concerned with Dale having 48 yellow cards and four red, many of which would have been avoided with better discipline.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

My meeting with Coleman on 20:08 - Dec 17 with 1375 viewsTVOS1907

My meeting with Coleman on 18:21 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

Your thoughts are the same as i conveyed to the manager but he didnt seem to suggest we had a on field discipline problem. He explained Currans sending off was due to over exuberance and Gornall reacted to a slap on him first, although he shouldnt have done.

Both of which are down to a lack of self-discipline, which is the point .....

My meeting with Coleman on 20:09 - Dec 17 with 1374 viewsBobbyjoe

My meeting with Coleman on 20:04 - Dec 17 by TVOS1907

Regarding the disciplinary issues, it's irrelevant to us how other teams play or what other teams' disciplinary record is.

We are only concerned with Dale having 48 yellow cards and four red, many of which would have been avoided with better discipline.

Also it appears , from what people are reporting, that he can't play wingers because other teams won't let him.
My meeting with Coleman on 20:12 - Dec 17 with 1357 viewsTVOS1907

My meeting with Coleman on 19:04 - Dec 17 by BlueDutch

I would have been very suprised had the first five lines been any different. He told you what he thought you wanted to hear.
Cavanagh hasn't yet made 20 good passes of note. Against York 6 of his first 7 went to the opposition, and his 2nd tackle came around the 85th minute. I am begining to feel sorry for him, he is so out of his depth. Why Coleman rates him beggars belief. We are in for a long and miserable season.
Our defence is a "little light"? If so why get another forward in on loan, one that misses half his games through suspension.
I dare not say anything about his wingers remark.
Being decent, honest and interested in football doesn't make a good manager, ask Mr Eyre.
I expect this little stunt will have appeased some and will keep his job for another month.
I am sure if 'mighty scouse' turns out to be Bobby Grant, we can start looking up Holker Street and Moss Rose again.

Why would mighty scouse be Bobby Grant? Seems like a conspiracy because he didn't play on Saturday.

My meeting with Coleman on 20:12 - Dec 17 with 1358 viewsTalkingSutty

My meeting with Coleman on 20:08 - Dec 17 by TVOS1907

Both of which are down to a lack of self-discipline, which is the point .....

Your point was the same one i put to JC and i explained his reaction by refering to Gornall and Currans sendings off and his view that we are not one of the worst offenders in this league.

I wasnt overly convinced by his answer but wasnt about to start putting a "Chinese burn " on him in order to extract a more detailed response !!
My meeting with Coleman on 20:13 - Dec 17 with 1344 viewsThacks_Rabbits

My meeting with Coleman on 19:52 - Dec 17 by Bobbyjoe

So, we've established he's a decent bloke trying to do his best in difficult circumstances.

Have to give John Coleman respect for taking the time and effort to agree to meet with those who were able to attend - I have no opinion on the man in general but he clearly knows what has been said on here and took the option of allowing people to chat with him - something that I doubt many would.

He clearly wants to do well - anyone would - has he got the ability - I dont know - lets just hope so. This is the best P.R. that we have had for some time so lets not knock it too much. Think there is much more than J.C. to blame for what is going on atm - Lets just hope the results improve!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

My meeting with Coleman on 20:15 - Dec 17 with 1327 viewsTVOS1907

My meeting with Coleman on 20:12 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

Your point was the same one i put to JC and i explained his reaction by refering to Gornall and Currans sendings off and his view that we are not one of the worst offenders in this league.

I wasnt overly convinced by his answer but wasnt about to start putting a "Chinese burn " on him in order to extract a more detailed response !!

Fair enough, TS, I can appreciate that.

Did you tell him you were mates with roccydaleian?

Login to get fewer ads

My meeting with Coleman on 20:17 - Dec 17 with 1323 viewsTalkingSutty

My meeting with Coleman on 20:15 - Dec 17 by TVOS1907

Fair enough, TS, I can appreciate that.

Did you tell him you were mates with roccydaleian?

Why would i admit to that
My meeting with Coleman on 20:18 - Dec 17 with 1318 viewsRicardo

My meeting with Coleman on 20:03 - Dec 17 by rafc1984

For me though, this opportunity was about gauging the man, to see what he was like as a person, and if I still believed he was the right man for OUR beloved football club.
My meeting with him was fantastic, at no point did he refuse or object to any questions, and I believe he answered them all as honestly as he possibly could. Some things I asked him, I dont believe should be posted on here, so I wont.
I was never rushed (in for 45 mins) and it was conducted at my pace, so I was happy with the answers he gave me, and left feeling a lot more positive, that he WILL turn things around.

Things I asked...

Twitter - and certain players tweets, - he agreed with me that a couple of them need reigning in, and it will lead to a disciplinary. A couple of players have already been spoken to last week.

Defence - We both praised the young lads at the back, but he agrees that we need to strengthen. Hopefully this will happen in January, targets already in mind.

This message board/Mighty Scouse - Says he reads board occasionally, and when things that need to be read, are brought to his attention.
Mighty Scouse WILL be found, and he/she will be leaving the club. If some of what was posted on here, had landed on twitter, he would be sueing.

Gary Jones - there was no arguement or falling out, Gary was poor in his last dozen or so games for Dale. However in the game he was dropped, GJ was told on the thursday, and given the opportunity to have the weekend off, or come to the match. He opted to take the weekend off.
JC offered GJ a coaching role, which he decided not to take up, as he wanted to concentrate on the remainding time left in his footballing career.

Old pals act - said nobody ever did him any favours in his playing career, and that he would not bring ANYONE to the club, that could threaten his position.

After my meeting, I had a chat with Leighanne about, perhaps the opportunity to have another of these days with Mr Dunphy, in relation to off the field issues, she agreed to feed that back.

One last point - not many proffesional football clubs would give you the chance to meet the manager on today's basis. As one of my Sheff Utd mates said to me yesterday "fook me, can you imagine me ringing up and asking for an appointment with Danny Wilson, I would get laughed off the phone". A lot of outsiders believe we have a cracking football club. Lets see if us Daleys can get a bit of that feel good factor back. A bit more positivity can help us move forward.

For what it is worth I know for a fact that one of the answers you were given is not true
My meeting with Coleman on 20:21 - Dec 17 with 1303 viewsstuartcryer

so he really didnt take on board what you said obviously he is happy with cav and no wingers

wardle blue

My meeting with Coleman on 20:23 - Dec 17 with 1281 viewssandylaner1

My meeting with Coleman on 20:03 - Dec 17 by rafc1984

Things I asked...

great post

dat last paragraph ....

My meeting with Coleman on 20:25 - Dec 17 with 1276 viewsNewbury_Dale

The Gary Jones comments are ridiculous. You'd pick him before Cavanagh eight days a week.

Mighty Scouse must have a link to our ex Manager. A player he brought in, or a relation to one.
My meeting with Coleman on 20:29 - Dec 17 with 1256 viewspioneer

My meeting with Coleman on 20:23 - Dec 17 by sandylaner1

great post

dat last paragraph ....

Those outsiders aren't paying 15/18/20 quid a game to watch the crap we have been watching.

Tell them to come on Friday and then comment on the state of our club
My meeting with Coleman on 20:36 - Dec 17 with 1215 viewssandylaner1

My meeting with Coleman on 20:29 - Dec 17 by pioneer

Those outsiders aren't paying 15/18/20 quid a game to watch the crap we have been watching.

Tell them to come on Friday and then comment on the state of our club

lighten up
My meeting with Coleman on 20:43 - Dec 17 with 1201 viewsdancdale

My meeting with Coleman on 20:18 - Dec 17 by Ricardo

For what it is worth I know for a fact that one of the answers you were given is not true

I'd say its possibly worth a lot.

You're basically saying Coleman lied, and it is potentially the sort of accusation he means when he talks about legal action.

So rather than coming on here with an ego-tripping- 'I know something you lot dont'- why not say exactly what it is, and accept full responsibility for saying it, rather than expecting this website to shoulder the risks.

From the post you replied to I'm assuming it can only be the Gary Jones incident.
My meeting with Coleman on 20:47 - Dec 17 with 1183 viewsNinco

Was anything said about why we need Joe Hinneghan at the club when we already have Andy Thorp as physio?
My meeting with Coleman on 20:55 - Dec 17 with 1137 viewsNotEyreClue

A point to add:

Coleman explained that he tried to sign both Dawson and Murray before we did but financial constraints prevented him from doing so (he said Dawson was almost a done deal). So at least he shows he has an eye for a player and I'm hoping this is proven to be the case come January.

With regards to regrets about leaving Accy, it felt very much to me like he saw it was a perfect time to get out of the club with resources rapidly dwindling, despite the fact that he knew hundreds of fans there and had close ties with a lot of the staff. It was evident that it was a hard decision for him and one he would have only taken with the correct thought and preparation. He truly believes he can progress the club and after today I believe that.

A witty, passionate, articulate man who spoke a lot of sense, has a vast amount of footballing knowledge and without a doubt the right man to take us forward. I'm praying for a win more than I ever have done on Friday and hope it's the start of our march back up the table.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that he said at Accy they played a number of Friday night games and were pretty successful when they did so. He said it's great for the manager as it means he can go and watch a game on the Saturday - hopefully to see his transfer targets in action or at the very least scout our future opposition.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

My meeting with Coleman on 20:58 - Dec 17 with 1123 viewsRicardo

My meeting with Coleman on 20:43 - Dec 17 by dancdale

I'd say its possibly worth a lot.

You're basically saying Coleman lied, and it is potentially the sort of accusation he means when he talks about legal action.

So rather than coming on here with an ego-tripping- 'I know something you lot dont'- why not say exactly what it is, and accept full responsibility for saying it, rather than expecting this website to shoulder the risks.

From the post you replied to I'm assuming it can only be the Gary Jones incident.

Nothing to do with ego tripping but merely pointing out a statement that is not factually accurate.

I will not be drawn as sworn to secrecy at the time the incident happened.

You can draw whatever conclusions you like
My meeting with Coleman on 21:00 - Dec 17 with 1110 viewsrafc1984

My meeting with Coleman on 20:47 - Dec 17 by Ninco

Was anything said about why we need Joe Hinneghan at the club when we already have Andy Thorp as physio?

Yes, I asked about Joe, JC said he was integral, the bloke has got experience from the highest level and grafts hard for the club, earning buttons. He's out scouting players nearly every day plus the other benefits he brings to training/ dressing room.
My meeting with Coleman on 21:15 - Dec 17 with 1027 views49thseason

My meeting with Coleman on 21:00 - Dec 17 by rafc1984

Yes, I asked about Joe, JC said he was integral, the bloke has got experience from the highest level and grafts hard for the club, earning buttons. He's out scouting players nearly every day plus the other benefits he brings to training/ dressing room.

Couldn't we just swap Hinnegan and Crainey and the goalkeeping coach for Prozone?

Or maybe do a deal with these guys?
http://www.matchanalysis.com/

My meeting with Coleman on 21:19 - Dec 17 with 1014 viewsmizfit

My meeting with Coleman on 21:15 - Dec 17 by 49thseason

Couldn't we just swap Hinnegan and Crainey and the goalkeeping coach for Prozone?

Or maybe do a deal with these guys?
http://www.matchanalysis.com/

Think u have missed the point of past posts I'm sure he meant paying a fee for a player
Also people have been saying Coleman said Craney is paid buttons so its hardly earth moving money
My meeting with Coleman on 21:21 - Dec 17 with 1006 viewsdancdale

My meeting with Coleman on 20:58 - Dec 17 by Ricardo

Nothing to do with ego tripping but merely pointing out a statement that is not factually accurate.

I will not be drawn as sworn to secrecy at the time the incident happened.

You can draw whatever conclusions you like

You're not pointing anything out, you're making an accusation but not willing to provide any facts.

If it is because you swore to secrecy I suggest you stick to that by not posting anything.

Its the half told 'in the know' stories that are doing the most damage on here.

Put up or shut up.
My meeting with Coleman on 21:24 - Dec 17 with 997 viewspioneer

My meeting with Coleman on 20:36 - Dec 17 by sandylaner1

lighten up

What is there to lighten up about - we are being asked to accept statments by people with no knowledge of the situation or commitment to the club making statements about the club.

Actions speak louder than words and PR does not produce league points or cup runs. He is saying there is no money for players or Prozac (oops) but that Friday night games are great for managers (even though they produce lower crowds).

There is no joined up thinking in any of this - its a matter of what suits JC.

We'd probably play on Thursdays if flights to Dubai left on Friday.

Id love to see a strategic plan for Rochdale AFC.

My meeting with Coleman on 21:28 - Dec 17 with 983 viewsTalkingSutty

My meeting with Coleman on 21:24 - Dec 17 by pioneer

What is there to lighten up about - we are being asked to accept statments by people with no knowledge of the situation or commitment to the club making statements about the club.

Actions speak louder than words and PR does not produce league points or cup runs. He is saying there is no money for players or Prozac (oops) but that Friday night games are great for managers (even though they produce lower crowds).

There is no joined up thinking in any of this - its a matter of what suits JC.

We'd probably play on Thursdays if flights to Dubai left on Friday.

Id love to see a strategic plan for Rochdale AFC.

Emirates fly twice daily from Manchester to Dubai....its a very nice service. Friday is one of the busier days though with most of the Middle East airlines, so perhaps that could present a problem !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024